Options

Report: Stevi Ritchie an actor/fraud, knows Cowell

2»

Comments

• Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there at least one of them who is not putting an act on ;-)
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »
    Is there at least one of them who is not putting an act on ;-)

I don't think so, honestly. Not this year. Simon clearly came back more control-freak than ever.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    That is SHOCKING - in his actor profile it says...

Build - Muscular
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    That is SHOCKING - in his actor profile it says...

Build - Muscular

Maybe he was - once :D
  • Options
    indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Maybe he was - once :D
    ...20 years ago
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    He just posted this after the links from the OP were posted on Facebook :D

Steven Ritchie Yes I am a actor but what u see is what u get im no fake peeps but thank you for the comments I love u all x
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollybert wrote: »
    Jay James is another who isn't exactly a novice in the business. He had a record deal with Universal (Decca) and released an album in 2012 under the name Jay James Picton. He has also supported acts like Jessie J and Rebecca Ferguson on their tours.

this was never really hidden though as I remember Jay saying this in his VT's
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's obvious from Stevi's performances that he's had some vocal training. If he's a musical theatre singer trying to do pop, that would explain why the vocals sound a bit strangled at times. My training is in MT and I'm terrible at karaoke! I'm surprised that he seems to lack the stamina to get through his performances though as the vocals tend to get weaker as he progresses as he doesn't seem to be able to sustain it for a physical performance. I like the "playing age 26" nonsense on his profile though!

I've never assumed that Lola was working as a fishmonger for a career. I figured it was a Saturday job.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "General singing skills: Advanced" "Specific singing skills: Baritone, Tenor" - pretty sure you can only be one or the other. There are sub-types for high baritones and deep tenors etc He also boasts of his green-belt karate skills, and says he's interested in and experienced in modelling
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...And on the spotlight site, green belt Stevi says he's "highly skilled" in karate.
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really quite surprised about this to be honest. Can't say I saw it coming. Did he say anything about his background at all in his first auditions?:confused:
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people always assume an actor must be playing a role at all times?
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Once a thespian always a thespian Nobby.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Oh Hayley, why did you lie to us ? :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I think it's obvious from Stevi's performances that he's had some vocal training. If he's a musical theatre singer trying to do pop, that would explain why the vocals sound a bit strangled at times. My training is in MT and I'm terrible at karaoke! I'm surprised that he seems to lack the stamina to get through his performances though as the vocals tend to get weaker as he progresses as he doesn't seem to be able to sustain it for a physical performance. I like the "playing age 26" nonsense on his profile though!

I've never assumed that Lola was working as a fishmonger for a career. I figured it was a Saturday job.

I thought that too (something like that), I dont doubt she worked as a fishmonger, but the show does all the "poor little me I work as a fishmonger and I hate it" crap, when that might not be her full her job :confused:
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought that too (something like that), I dont doubt she worked as a fishmonger, but the show does all the "poor little me I work as a fishmonger and I hate it" crap, when that might not be her full her job :confused:

That's what annoys me. They play on these back stories which are so easily exposed these days and it's treating the GBP like morons. With Lola it's the 'poor me I'm a fish gutting little ragamuffin who loves me nan' when she's actually from a pretty well off background. Stevi may work in a call centre now because he hasn't made it as an actor but it's hardly like he's shovelling sh*t for a living.

As I said further up the thread, maybe Ben hasn't even got a van and Jays only connection with the military is that he was in the choir. It's just all nonsense that takes away from the fact it's supposed to be a talent contest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I totally agree.
    At least with Rhydian they made no secret of his classical training but even then, at his audition he was introduced as a fitness instructor or something like that :D
    On BGT they made out Paul Potts simply worked in Carphone Warehouse or wherever.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree.
    At least with Rhydian they made no secret of his classical training but even then, at his audition he was introduced as a fitness instructor or something like that :D
    On BGT they made out Paul Potts simply worked in Carphone Warehouse or wherever.

They do this with all the acts and it is really annoying but I can see why they do it because it gives the impression that the show is finding hidden talent and giving someone an opportunity, which is what the show is supposed to be about. Imagine the Paul Potts audition and story if they had revealed before the audition about his training and singing experience, the whole audition would have been viewed in a completely different light, same with Stevie and a few of the other acts on the x factor this year.
    The problem is that nowadays everyone finds out about the real back stories during the series and it just makes it clearer to everyone that the show is fake in a lot of ways.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    God, this made me laugh :-)

Me too
    We need to know!
  • Options
    kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree.

The point is he did just work in Carphone Warehouse. All Paul's experience including a single masterclass with Pavarotti was on the BGT website throughout the competition. Those with an alternative agenda chose to ignore it.

If you read Paul's autobiography, you will see that he did train, but not full time, not in a conservatory (nowhere near to the extent of the very driven Rhydian) and had virtually no performing experience for the 4 years prior to the audition. This in many ways I would argue would make it harder than for a complete novice, since it creates more uncertainty in the singer's mind.

There is always the exception that proves the rule. Paul may be the inspiration behind all the stories that followed him but it doesn't necessarily follow that he was a ringer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course, I didnt mean to imply he was a plant, just giving an example of an exaggerated story. :)