Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm glad we can have a friendly discussion. At least you're giving them a chance some Mixers refuse to even acknowledge their existence but the majority are just very rude about them. :o

It's pathetic. I see a lot of nonsense on Twitter from both sides from fans eager to point out any indiction that the other side is 'flopping' etc. At the end of the day, both groups will survive and be successful based on the quality & popularity of their music. If Little Mix's new album is well received in the US they will have success regardless of whatever 5H offer up. If 5H find their sound and release a great first album, it will sell well regardless of whatever LM have done. It may turn out that one group is 'more successful' than the other but thats irrelevant really. Nobody wastes time today assessing whether Destiny's Child was more successful than TLC or whoever, we all just appreciate them as great groups and enjoy their music.

I think it's slightly unfortunate for both groups, that after a long absence of good girl groups (stateside) we have two at once and the public and media are putting them up against each other. I don't think both featuring on the Demi tour is ideal for 5H be honest, I might be a bit biased being a LM fan but I think 5H could easily get upstaged by the experience, stage presence and 'pizazz' of LM live which would be pretty harsh on them as they are a fantastic vocal group. I reckon they'll be glad once LM are gone and the distinctly average Cher Lloyd moves in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true to some extent but I don't get how people cannot see their chemistry or their friendship. But I agree they need to work on image and stage presence, this is something I too have made a comment on in the past couple of days to some Harmonizers. Who agreed as well.

I'm glad we can have a friendly discussion. At least you're giving them a chance some Mixers refuse to even acknowledge their existence but the majority are just very rude about them. :o

But to be fair, how long ago where they put together? They did audition as soloists so their image/stage presence will not come instantly it takes time, which they have.

I think it was a good idea for them to release an EP(even though some of the tracks probably were not GREAT) but at least it's given them a chance to experiment to find their niche before making the big splash with the album next year.

lol I'm not into all of that nonsense. If the music is good and the talent is there, I make my opinion. Simple. Yes I am a big Little Mix fan however they are a group in their own right, the same with 5H ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I really hope they have more songs like Better Together and Don't Wanna Dance Alone for the debut album. Miss Movin On and Leave My Heart Out of This were fine (they sound much better in the spanish acoustic version), but the group sounds best when they do pop-r&b. I really hope the Demi-like songs are ones they recorded early in the process before they had identified their sound (Tellin Me better be on the album as well). I know they probably won't do this, but I would love them to have one or two Spanish songs on the album as well (maybe in the vein of Shakira). Normani and Dinah did quite well for not knowing Spanish. I was impressed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »
    It's pathetic. I see a lot of nonsense on Twitter from both sides from fans eager to point out any indiction that the other side is 'flopping' etc. At the end of the day, both groups will survive and be successful based on the quality & popularity of their music. If Little Mix's new album is well received in the US they will have success regardless of whatever 5H offer up. If 5H find their sound and release a great first album, it will sell well regardless of whatever LM have done. It may turn out that one group is 'more successful' than the other but thats irrelevant really. Nobody wastes time today assessing whether Destiny's Child was more successful than TLC or whoever, we all just appreciate them as great groups and enjoy their music.

I think it's slightly unfortunate for both groups, that after a long absence of good girl groups (stateside) we have two at once and the public and media are putting them up against each other. I don't think both featuring on the Demi tour is ideal for 5H be honest, I might be a bit biased being a LM fan but I think 5H could easily get upstaged by the experience, stage presence and 'pizazz' of LM live which would be pretty harsh on them as they are a fantastic vocal group. I reckon they'll be glad once LM are gone and the distinctly average Cher Lloyd moves in.

To be honest Fifth Harmony are just thankful for every opportunity they get. They are fans of LM at the end of the day. Just yesterday they were singing "Wings" for fun. That's why I'm drawn to them more than anything. They may not be the most talented group or whatever but their humbleness and personalities have captured the attention of many. That's not to say they are not recognized for their talents. I see LM as more of a DC type of group while 5H is more of a BSB (for lack of a better comparison in girl groups) type of group. They both bring something different to the music market. LM have achieved more without a doubt. They're the big sisters. As a 5H fan I recognize that. I think with time 5H can be huge though. They just need to continue to expand their fanbase. It'll come. The girls have said they are in it for the long run and Epic stated they have a long term plan for them. If things don't work out for them as a group then I think a solo career is worth a shot. Whatever the case, they're just going to enjoy the journey. They're just happy to get their music out there at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Tis the Season: This Year's Department Store Holiday Windows

Friday, Nov 8, 2013, by Tiffany Yannetta

Last year's Gatsby-inspired windows at Bergdorf Goodman. Photo by Driely S Sure, it's only the first week of November, but in the world of department store retail, that's holiday window crunch time. Starting next week, thee city's major department stores will begin to unveil their holiday windows, most with some sort of accompanying spectacular (Saks is doing a light show, for example). After the jump, see the complete rundown for this year's festivities. Noticeably absent so far are Macy's and Barneys New York—those will be added when information is released.

1. Lord & Taylor: Wednesday, November 13th at 5:30pm This year's Lord & Taylor holiday windows were inspired by vintage New York City, with scenes that will include customers buying gifts at a recreation of the department store, tons of festive décor, Santa Claus, and more. The windows will follow L&T holiday shoppers of years past during a typical day of shopping, tea and lunch, the opera, and a gift exchange. In contrast, the teen girl group Fifth Harmony will perform at the launch.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member

I think there are some of us "waiting" for one of the members of both groups to go solo and be the next Beyonce, female "Justin Timberlake", etc :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the dancers from the OKC Thunder of the NBA tweeted this:

"@Kei_Hirata: Great job girls! Group of 9 & 10 yrs danced "Me & my girls" by Fifth Harmony at half time show. #nba #nbajp"

https://twitter.com/Kei_Hirata/status/399796914717085696

Btw, aside from what older fans think of the song it is really popular among kids which was the goal all along. During the EPs release week "Me and My Girls" reached #38 on itunes in the US selling 30K copies and missed debuting on the Billboard Hot 100 by only 4 spots. It would have debuted had it had radio airplay. It couldn't though because it was a Disney exclusive single which meant only Radio Disney was allowed to play it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The spanish version of the EP has been released. Here we come Billboard Latin! :)

iTunes US || Latin Albums: #1 Juntos - EP / #2 Juntos (Acoustic) - EP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dedication!

"@Andiluv: No time 4 sadness! This is what they're doing 4 their fans after 12 hrs of rehearsal! 5H❤" https://twitter.com/Andiluv/status/399755543952113664
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dedication!

"@Andiluv: No time 4 sadness! This is what they're doing 4 their fans after 12 hrs of rehearsal! 5H❤" https://twitter.com/Andiluv/status/399755543952113664

And more!

"@Andiluv: @d_ham71 The girls are up signing over a 1000 CD Covers 4 their fans..& they all have to be done by the end if the night!"
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think there are some of us "waiting" for one of the members of both groups to go solo and be the next Beyonce, female "Justin Timberlake", etc :o

Who? :o

I don't think there should be any discussion on which member should go solo till both groups have had huge success worldwide. VEVOLift off kicks off today for Fifth Harmony, so I am excited....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who? :o

I don't think there should be any discussion on which member should go solo till both groups have had huge success worldwide. VEVOLift off kicks off today for Fifth Harmony, so I am excited....:D

What is the track record of VEVOlift? Looked it up recently and did't know most of the artists had even done it :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is the track record of VEVOlift? Looked it up recently and did't know most of the artists had even done it :o

One Direction, Lorde, John Newman, Bastille and Labrinth have all received the VEVO Lift treatment.:) It's promotion from VEVO across all their videos.They will be getting a banner too. + Billboard takes VEVO streams into account. :)
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf I'm more of a LM fan, but I think 5H's Anything Could Happen performance was the performance of XFUSA last season. If there were a couple more weeks to the show, I think they would have had a very good chance of winning.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    Tbf I'm more of a LM fan, but I think 5H's Anything Could Happen performance was the performance of XFUSA last season. If there were a couple more weeks to the show, I think they would have had a very good chance of winning.

I know. That performance was amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lorde and Taylor Holiday Unveiling and introducing Fifth Harmony

http://youtu.be/Wr36hbZLVag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony to appear on the Ellen Show on November 25th. Simon will also be making an appearance that day :cool:

@5HonTour: Apparently the girls are going to be performing at The Ellen Show 11/25"http://twitter.com/CAMINAHSTAGRAM/status/401125705305452546/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Fifth Harmony will be going to Chile with Demi on her tour :)

@EspacioPop: @HelloColdWrld @FifthHarmony escucharon? pronto se haria OFICIAL que ellas seran las teloneras ^^”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony performing "Me and My Girls" on X Factor USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxRdB0i_HHw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moving up on iTunes!

#248 - Me and My Girls
    #115 - Better Together (EP)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it was Simon's idea for them to perform "Me and My Girls" . Their parents said the girls wanted to perform their single "Better Together" but that Simon really wanted to see a performance of MAMG.

Itunes:

#66 - Better Together (EP)
    #166 - Me and My Girls
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony - "Que Bailes Conmigo Hoy" Live

This performance was great. They relied on no gimmicks and it was just nice to see them all singing in spanish(even though I understood nothing :o). Simon did say that there is a plan for them to promote in Latin America, so I expect great things for them in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Twitter they performed Me & My Girls on the Ellen show, soon to be aired.

WTF? Two amazing television opportunities, especially the Ellen one and they are promoting themselves by performing a bubblegum pop song which completely fails to showcase their vocals and alienates most viewers over the age of 15. Terrible move imo, they should be doing Better Together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The EP debuts at #2 on the Latin Albums Billboard Chart! They have South America in the bag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D
    According to Twitter they performed Me & My Girls on the Ellen show, soon to be aired.

WTF? Two amazing television opportunities, especially the Ellen one and they are promoting themselves by performing a bubblegum pop song which completely fails to showcase their vocals and alienates most viewers over the age of 15. Terrible move imo, they should be doing Better Together.

Just a rumor. Scott confirmed they performed Better Together. They performed a couple of songs but only BT will be aired. I saw that her youtube channel has over 7 million subscribers.:)