Options

The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    On this new promo it shows Jennifer Lopez joining Nat at judges homes and John Legend at someone's judges homes too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujtl9YP900A

So Nat may have the Boys by the sound of the screams then maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I wonder what this wildcard thing is all about
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think John Legend will assist the Girls and J-Lo will assist Nat and the Boys. Why can't the UK have this?

Christopher Maloney will be the wildcard, I believe.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess the wild card will be similar to here in the uk each judge will pick a extra person to take through to the lives but australia will vote on which one gets to stay and other 3 eliminated or something very similiar to that's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I'd guess the wild card will be similar to here in the uk each judge will pick a extra person to take through to the lives but australia will vote on which one gets to stay and other 3 eliminated or something very similiar to that's
    That's underwhelming haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    That's underwhelming haha

What else could it be ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    I think John Legend will assist the Girls and J-Lo will assist Nat and the Boys. Why can't the UK have this?

Christopher Maloney will be the wildcard, I believe.

Probs yes
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Even the British press are picking up on The X Factor vs The Voice next week (Dannii vs Kylie)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2682059/Kylie-Minogue-Dannii-head-head-reality-TV-ratings-judging-spots-The-Voice-X-Factor.html#comments

Interesting how most of the comments prefer Dannii and X Factor.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Dannii may have the groups, and that she is aiming for a girl band to take the music industry by storm .

If this is true....I sure would be curious to see how she handles the groups.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna watch the Australian show for the first time this year. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So from the promo's
    Nat has the boys
    and Ronan has the girls going from that pic in New York
    so I am guessing Danni has the groups as she had the overs last year so that would leave Foo with the overs.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Agreed with above^^

Would make sense from the pattern that:
    1st Place Mentor gets 3rd Place Category
    2nd Place Mentor gets 4th Place Category
    3rd Place Mentor gets 2nd Place Category
    4th Place Mentor gets 1st Place Category

That method is regularly used for XFUK anyway, and gives all mentors and categories a pretty fair and balanced chance statistically speaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    ^^Agreed with above^^

Would make sense from the pattern that:
    1st Place Mentor gets 3rd Place Category
    2nd Place Mentor gets 4th Place Category
    3rd Place Mentor gets 2nd Place Category
    4th Place Mentor gets 1st Place Category

That method is regularly used for XFUK anyway, and gives all mentors and categories a pretty fair and balanced chance statistically speaking.

How when cheryl always gets the girls or boys ?
    And Louis has always been stuck with the groups and overs majority of the time lol
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How when cheryl always gets the girls or boys ?
    And Louis has always been stuck with the groups and overs majority of the time lol

It's regularly used but the judges are able to request their categories to be changed, as Nicole revealed she asked for her and Louis' categories to be swapped in 2012 so she could have the Boys (originally assigned to Louis), hence the occasional discrepancy from the formula
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every judge should be treated equally ....even just drawing names from a hat would be good .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every judge should be treated equally ....even just drawing names from a hat would be good .

Honestly think that's how it should be done as I agree all judges should be treated fairly
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theyre putting all eggs in Nats basket. She needs to win now, shes under pressure this year.

Im looking forward to see what Dannii does. Im also curious to see how the show will go with all the talk of talent drying up.
    Producers talk about sob stories which is neg. I want to be entertained not depressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Theyre putting all eggs in Nats basket. She needs to win now, shes under pressure this year.

Im looking forward to see what Dannii does. Im also curious to see how the show will go with all the talk of talent drying up.
    Producers talk about sob stories which is neg. I want to be entertained not depressed.

Poor Nat she def does need a win or at least an act in the final.The boys were very good last year though so I am not sure if they will be as good this year,time will tell I guess.

I think this year they will want a group and a girl in the final as there were none last year.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Metro, Jessica Maubouy is joining the X Factor Live Shows as the wildcard judge
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    Poor Nat she def does need a win or at least an act in the final.The boys were very good last year though so I am not sure if they will be as good this year,time will tell I guess.

I think this year they will want a group and a girl in the final as there were none last year.

Taylor has had huge success so I think that can inspire boys leaving Nat with a good shot if she has them. She really has to be in the final or she will be axed. Simon is watching and he will want result now.

The new twist is sounding awesome. I wonder if the aussie show is a test for it as it begins first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii is coming back with a super girl group . I can't wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When is this premiering btw?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    When is this premiering btw?

Sunday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Sunday
    I think you just made my whole week
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching in Australia? The show has started. Just looking at the Australian trends on twitter and the top trending topic is #xfactoraus with the rest of them related to the show.