Songs for Rolling Stones week.......??

TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which songs do you think they should do on this upcoming theme week?

According to the MJ site Alex would have done '19th Nervous Breakdown'. Pity we won't get to see it.....

Comments

• RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    Which songs do you think they should do on this upcoming theme week?

According to the MJ site Alex would have done '19th Nervous Breakdown'. Pity we won't get to see it.....

Idk but I have to admit I'm a little bit excited. Please don't murder them, please don't murder them, please don't murder them...
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick think and these are some of my thoughts:

Boys

Lee - Gimme Shelter
    Casey - You Can't always get what you want
    Aaron- Carol
    Mike - Honky Tonk Women
    Tim - It's All Over Now
    Andrew - Sympathy for the Devil

Girls

Crystal - Paint it Black
    Siobhan - Brown Sugar
    Katie - Out of Time
    Didi - As Tears go by
    Paige - Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Lacey - Wild Horses
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as none of them try to sing (I can't get no) Satisfaction which was indelibly linked with Adam Lambert last year - I do not care!:p
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls

Siobhan - Brown Sugar
    Lacey - Wild Horses

I think Wild Horses would suit Siobhan better and I don't think any girl should ever sing Brown Sugar.
    mandylou1 wrote: »
    As long as none of them try to sing (I can't get no) Satisfaction which was indelibly linked with Adam Lambert last year - I do not care!:p

I'd pay to see it :D I actually think Todrick would have given it a go (either that or Jumpin Jack Flash) if he'd been around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys

Lee - Brown Sugar
    Casey - Losing My Touch
    Aaron- You can't always get what you want
    Mike - She's a rainbow
    Tim - Honky Tonk Women
    Andrew - (I can't get no) Satisfaction

Girls

Crystal - Wild Horses
    Siobhan - Paint it, Black
    Katie - Street Fighting Man
    Didi - 19th nervous breakdown
    Paige - You Got Me Rocking
    Lacey - All over now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a post eviction interview Todrick said that he was gonna sing "No Satisfaction" if he stayed.

Not sure if someone else will do it now....
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm not looking forward to this, I luuurve the Stones, I suddenly feel all protective.

If Andrew does 'Satisfaction', as is suggetsed above, I make puke. :o
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandylou1 wrote: »

It was horrifying. :eek:
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I sort of want to see Aaron attempt Jumpin' Jack Flash complete with Jagger dance moves - just to pay America back for voting him through and not Alex :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of want to see Aaron attempt Jumpin' Jack Flash complete with Jagger dance moves - just to pay America back for voting him through and not Alex :D

If it'd mean him being voted out I agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should do the first rolling stones song on the link below knid of sums the show up.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/the_rolling_stones/cocksucker_blues___brown_sugar/

And yes the single exists as i have a copy so it is a stones song.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey, Ruby Tuesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casey - Paint it Black
    Lacey - Angie
    Crystal - Wild Horses
    Tim - You Can't Always Get What You Want
    Siobhan - Sympathy for the Devil

My knowledge of Rolling Stones songs isn't that extensive - these songs plus Satisfaction/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash are the only ones I have in itunes, and I can't think of someone to do those without it being a car crash. A medley for the group song perhaps then? That is usually a bit of a car crash anyway.
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    sligorox wrote: »

The lyrics are written from a male perspective (i.e. the Devil) so wouldn't work sung by a woman or changed to suit a woman,
    Forum Member
    The lyrics are written from a male perspective (i.e. the Devil) so wouldn't work sung by a woman or changed to suit a woman,

Not necessarily, David did Little Sparrow without changing the perspective and it worked out just fine, but 'tis all a moot point because, apparently she is singing...
    Paint it Black - not the easiest song to sing, but kudos to the girl she doesn't back away from a challenge
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sligorox wrote: »
    Casey - Paint it Black
    Lacey - Angie
    Crystal - Wild Horses
    Tim - You Can't Always Get What You Want

My knowledge of Rolling Stones songs isn't that extensive - these songs plus Satisfaction/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash are the only ones I have in itunes, and I can't think of someone to do those without it being a car crash. A medley for the group song perhaps then? That is usually a bit of a car crash anyway.

Hi, the idea of them attemping Stone's music is super car crash, although Bowersox could do Jumping Jack Flash rather well, and Lacey could do Satisfaction, and I'll be having the 19th nervous breakdown listening to them making a mockery of classics. :eek::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey, Ruby Tuesday.

She could do that one well, but she'd need to had curls to give it a new angle. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Hi, the idea of them attemping Stone's music is super car crash, although Bowersox could do Jumping Jack Flash rather well, and Lacey could do Satisfaction, and I'll be having the 19th nervous breakdown listening to them making a mockery of classics. :eek::)

This is absolute classic Rock. They should all be able to find something they can put their mark on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is absolute classic Rock. They should all be able to find something they can put their mark on.

Don't I know it, TD, all great songs, but the idea of student singers doing Classic doesn't always work, as some over the years have ruined many a good song. Hoping this years' lot will give them some justice, which would be a first, looking forward to hearing them too. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    I think that they should be able to do it.
    If they are student singers, they must be very fast learners because in a few weeks time the ones that make it will be fully fledge recording artists with songs at the top of the chart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    I think that they should be able to do it.
    If they are student singers, they must be very fast learners because in a few weeks time the ones that make it will be fully fledge recording artists with songs at the top of the chart.

Hi, they're students in the sense that they had to take part in a contest to get anywhere, but when they reach the top, they will have achieved a lot of knowledge, which would take them to the next stage of their development. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily, David did Little Sparrow without changing the perspective and it worked out just fine, but 'tis all a moot point because, apparently she is singing...
    Paint it Black - not the easiest song to sing, but kudos to the girl she doesn't back away from a challenge

Wow, do you know what any of the others will be singing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, do you know what any of the others will be singing?

No only Siobhan's is known because she mentioned it on Access Hollywood. We aren't supposed to know them until they are peformed although MJ's Blog usually gets spoilers on the afternoon on the day of the show.
    Forum Member
    FleetSeb wrote: »
    No only Siobhan's is known because she mentioned it on Access Hollywood. We aren't supposed to know them until they are peformed although MJ's Blog usually gets spoilers on the afternoon on the day of the show.

Regarding Siobhan's choice
    I was a bit worried she could get a bit shouty doing it, but looking back at HotRS I hadn't quite appreciated how controlled her vocals are, I think she'll go a really good job with it, and as I've said a few times, the glassblower has nerves of steel
  • RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see Siobhan doing a good job on Paint it Black. BUT, she really has to give it socks and not do a cheesy AI-ish version. I could only see Andrew doing Satisfaction. ...he's the nerdy-looking guy who looks a bit like Elton John in those huge specs, right? I want the girl who looks a bit like Pat Benatar to do Pat Benatar songs...alas! Don't know what would suit Big Mike. Sweating this week, dude! Who's gonna do Start me up, though? ...I think we may need to inject some steroids into this year's candidates to make this week's show work! Putting Rockstar: INXS' House Band behind them would really be exciting but like that'll happen...