[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Gathering' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Simon Cowell
    enough said,:D
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Oswald asks Jack next week whether they survive this day.

Since Jack is from the future surely he knows that at least humanity survives/recovers from the Miracle?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    I see that Oswald asks Jack next week whether they survive this day.

Since Jack is from the future surely he knows that at least humanity survives/recovers from the Miracle?

The future can be re-written :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, again and again until there is only past.:confused:

like superman flying by.:confused:
  • robtimusrobtimus Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    The blessing confuses me. If it goes through the planet, shouldn't it go down?
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Great episode this week, some really neat surprise, Gwen going all Pauline Fowler on us for a moment, Oswald being at his creepy best, and an excellent cliffhanger. Can only describe this episode as excellent tbh....:)

^This.

Loved tonight's episode.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pleased for those that enjoyed it.
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Good episode tonight - Torchwood as it should be.

Good to see Oswald be sort of useful for once.

Have one problem tho' - as my girlfriend said, shouldnt the fanny - errr, I mean "Blessing"be chucking out blood for 5 days a month instead of attracting it??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also wasn't Jilly asked to rewrite history, that would take some doing but could be done, especially in America.:D

just drop that in there and then use that title and then compare it to that, etc.:confused:

also mention Beyonce, there you go.:D
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    Good episode tonight - Torchwood as it should be.

Good to see Oswald be sort of useful for once.

Have one problem tho' - as my girlfriend said, shouldnt the fanny - errr, I mean "Blessing"be chucking out blood for 5 days a month instead of attracting it??
    Could it not be a penis, and a big one at that :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    This thread has become awfully crude :D Although I agree on what The Blessing...looks like. :o I thought the same. I also though the bits going into the crack reminded me of blood cells? Could be wrong, but it is attracting blood.

I liked this episode a lot, although some plot points were a bit ridiculous. I loved how it finally gave us loads of answers and much less padding, but there's something about a big crack running through the earth making everyone immortal that I find strange. Obviously it's not meant to be realistic, but why a big crack and why blood? How does that translate to being immortal? Guess we'll (hopefully) find out in the final episode.

I think the answer might be what a poster said above, that The Blessing has some sort of polarized effect. Which will make it very interesting to find out what happens when Jack goes near it.

They have a lot to tie up in just one episode, though. How do the three families connect to a crack in the Earth? Why has The Blessing not occurred before now? How did the Families know it's effects, but not anyone else?

I can hardly wait for the final episode. Overall this has been a slightly ludicrous but very enjoyable series. :D
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Jack is the opposite, how is he the opposite and why is he the opposite to everyone?:confused: so what will happen when Jack goes near the Blessing?:confused:

He's the exact opposite to whatever it is in everyone else that the Blessing connects to or alters.

That's all we know - that Jack is different to everyone else - he's the opposite in that he was immortal when they weren't and that is now reversed.

We know he's different because of Rose - we do not know why or how and probably never will. Jack says it's not because of any property of his blood - but that may not matter. There's nothing in the property of lead that will kill you quickly - unless someone shoots it into you.
  • jodojodo Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    A much better episode and my best rating for some time. There was plenty going on - no stretching the plot thinly as in previous episodes. The world has become darker in the two months that has passed (I personally think they missed a trick by not having, for example, Day 27, World Population 7,104,264 and then later splitting the population into categories when they came in to show how long has passed and the surging population in each episode). The two months gap enabled them to stockpile a good amount of Harkness blood though.

Now we know what the guy who jumped off the building a few episodes back saw. Gwen written better than last few episodes and the Wales scenes were much better than the other locations. As Jack said last week you would need something as big as the planet to cause/nullify the miracle and now we have the whatever the hell it was running through the Earth.

There were some things that didn't work for me in the episode but these were far outweighed by the good stuff! It's a pity that not all episodes have been this good for me.
  • CanalTuneCanalTune Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Sneaky Rusty. I just watching it again and on the subtitles of the injured China man he is saying the phrase 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry'

Motif alert! Motif alert!
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    also wasn't Jilly asked to rewrite history, that would take some doing but could be done, especially in America.:D

We live in a world where people fall for "UP TO x% off" B.S. everyday - conning them would take much effort.

You only have to look at the same story in two different newspapers to see exactly the sort of manipulation Jilly is doing. The government does a deal with a trade union that averts a strike and one paper says "Government caves in" and another says "Government cares about the people".

It's just spin.
  • CanalTuneCanalTune Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    It's all about lesbians. I would post the full truth but it would bloooooooow your minds. Seriously. No jokes. No comedy. Just truth. That's what I bring to the table. Anyone wanna sit down and eat? I'm serving up big ass helpings of OMFG so clutch your cutlery, lube up them condiments and prepare for a culinary hoe down of conjecture and crazy ideas. You think its a coincidence the blessing looks like what the creator gave me? I'm blessed with a babymaker and a moneymaker. But I know which one is shaking in Miracle Day. And its the lesbian rhythms I'm gyrsting to .it was all there in the dialogue. Look again. Open your minds. Truth. Can't deny it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    I've just watched last night's episode, and it was really good, so I have voted 'Excellent' for the first time in this series.

Someone earlier mentioned the possibility of there been a second mole?
    Could it be the black guy? As one member of the three families was black, if not maybe Rex is a descendant of him instead? Whether he knows about this and is in on it all though could be another matter?

Also what did Gilly answer when that strange woman asked her what she saw? I couldn't quite make out what she said?
    Forum Member
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    Also what did Gilly answer when that strange woman asked her what she saw? I couldn't quite make out what she said?

Woman - "What does the blessing tell you about yourself?"

Jilly - "That I'm right."
  • abn0038abn0038 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    At last a decent episode, almost better than all the other 8 put together. Hope for an non LOST/BSG "oh **** off" finale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member

Thanks, I thought that's what she said but wasn't 100% sure :)
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I like about this series. I can V+ it, read all about it on here so I know where the good bits are and get explanations (thanks Minky) regarding the obscure bits, and watch it on Monday and STILL enjoy it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not able to catch up but loved the episode...lots to cover in the next one episode (which will be the first I make sure I watch the night its shown over here in the states since the first episode!) and I hope they do a good job of it.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We laughed when they said that the USA was going to stop all immigration - how are they going to stop illegal immigration across the Mexican border?
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, I thought she said 'That I'm great'.

But I am half deaf.:o
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved watching Gwen doing her funny run way from the chemist.