Yahoo error message.

On Yahoo I keep getting this error message:-

Oops!

Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!

It seems to happen when I try too go into the football match live reports.

Could someone tell me why this is happening and what I can do about it

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means exactly what it says. The page doesn't exist or the web link you clicked on is incorrect in some way.

If the error message is being returned by the Yahoo webserver then there is probably nothing you can do about it.It is down to Yahoo to create the page, find it again or correct the web link you clicked on.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    The trouble is that this has been happening for ages and seems to only happen on the live commentary reports on football matches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell us what browser you use and what OS.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    It means exactly what it says. The page doesn't exist or the web link you clicked on is incorrect in some way.

If the error message is being returned by the Yahoo webserver then there is probably nothing you can do about it.It is down to Yahoo to create the page, find it again or correct the web link you clicked on.

no, it`s a browser redirect virus, i found closing the browser and reopening it gets rid. it`s very annoying and seems to strike randomly though i don`t get it unless i have ds open so i don`t know if it`s coming from here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, it`s a browser redirect virus, i found closing the browser and reopening it gets rid. it`s very annoying and seems to strike randomly though i don`t get it unless i have ds open so i don`t know if it`s coming from here.

How can you know this for certain? Without access to the OPs computer there is absolutely no way of knowing what the exact cause is.

The OP says it only happens on certain pages on the Yahoo site. That suggests to me that Yahoo are cocking up. Possibly taking down a page for updates (and taking a while to do it) or publishing broken links. If the OP said it was happening randomly on any website he visited then it might be some other cause.

And even then not necessarily a virus.It could be a DNS issue with the ISP. I have had that on the odd occasion preventing me accessing certain websites until I change my IP settings to use something like OpenDNS and then everything is fine. Next day using my ISP DNS works perfectly fine.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    If it is footy links it could be that someone keeps posting links to copyright material which get taken down before the OP clicks on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    If it is footy links it could be that someone keeps posting links to copyright material which get taken down before the OP clicks on them.

Possible. But a quick visit to yahoo.co.uk suggests they have their own football reports section.Not somewhere I would normally bother to frequent :D but in the interests of research I suppressed my normal reaction to all things football <insert puke smiley :)> and had a look.

They seem to do match reports that look like they may be live updated. Though at the time I visited the matches appeared to have ended so that may explain why I didn't find any broken links or missing pages.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    How can you know this for certain? Without access to the OPs computer there is absolutely no way of knowing what the exact cause is.

The OP says it only happens on certain pages on the Yahoo site. That suggests to me that Yahoo are cocking up. Possibly taking down a page for updates (and taking a while to do it) or publishing broken links. If the OP said it was happening randomly on any website he visited then it might be some other cause.

And even then not necessarily a virus.It could be a DNS issue with the ISP. I have had that on the odd occasion preventing me accessing certain websites until I change my IP settings to use something like OpenDNS and then everything is fine. Next day using my ISP DNS works perfectly fine.

i can`t but that`s what it sounds like, i keep getting it and i think it`s from here. it LOOKS like yapoo but it`s something else, i`ll find a link.

it`s this, i think [from memory] that it comes up as a uk address on mine.

http://blog.mitechmate.com/remove-us-yhs4-search-yahoo-com-redirect-fake-yahoo-search-removal-guide/
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Try visiting that page through VPN, if it works, then empty your browser cache and delete yahoo.com cookie (don't delete all cookies, just the yahoo one), and try visiting the page again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can`t but that`s what it sounds like, i keep getting it and i think it`s from here. it LOOKS like yapoo but it`s something else, i`ll find a link.

it`s this, i think [from memory] that it comes up as a uk address on mine.

http://blog.mitechmate.com/remove-us-yhs4-search-yahoo-com-redirect-fake-yahoo-search-removal-guide/

I very much doubt this is the OPs problem. The description of how it works is completely different to what the OP says he is experiencing. That browser hijack redirects you to the fake Yahoo webpage whether you actually wanted to go there or not.

However it seems the OP is deliberately going to Yahoo to read the football reports in their sport section. (https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/) He is then getting page not found errors from there.

That browser hijack seems to be far more severe than what the OP is describing.
    Forum Member
    shhftw wrote: »
    Tell us what browser you use and what OS.

II use IE11 my OS is Windows 7 and my ISP is BT.

Although this problem happens on Chrome and Firefox as well.

It also happens on after match reports and when I try to look at the league tables.

The thing is I connected to my PC at work and went onto Yahoo from there and was able to connect to the sites that I cannot connect too from my software at home.

So there is obviously a conflict at home somewhere.

Any ideas.
  • max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    It seems to happen when I try too go into the football match live reports.

It also happens on after match reports and when I try to look at the league tables.

Does it only ever happen on Yahoo, or do you spend most of your time on the Yahoo football pages and simply haven't noticed it happening on any other sites?
    Forum Member
    max99 wrote: »
    Does it only ever happen on Yahoo, or do you spend most of your time on the Yahoo football pages and simply haven't noticed it happening on any other sites?

I have only ever seen this problem on yahoo football sites that I am trying to connect too from my home PC.

My work PC seems to work OK.