Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOCKE on Blu-ray DVD. Only Tom Hardy as Ivan Locke appears on screen, the other parts being only voices on his mobile phone as he drives across the country. He's made a stupid, life-changing mistake and he needs to act to put things right, but that means deserting his important job and being away from home at a critical moment. All this is played out within his car, with only a few camera angles providing relief from the claustrophobic setting. Sounds miserable and boring, but far from it. Worth a look if you fancy a change.

Tried to watch: INVASION EARTH on DVD. We picked up this DVD locally for 99p. The blurb indicates it's basically just load of clips from Sci-fi B movies of the 50's. There is a plot, but only enough to glue the bits together. Just the ticket for a cheesy night in! Sadly, after we'd poured the wine and dished out the snacks we discovered the disc was mis-labelled and we'd got some *real* cr*p called 'Defcon 4'. >:(
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mystic River - Occasionally very gripping and emotional but overall I do think it's an ill disciplined film. That maybe more the fault of the screenplay/story than the directing. Any Clint Eastwood directed film is a joy to watch and even his 'lesser' movies (which I think Mystic River is) is better than most other director's work. Oh and really good work from Sean Penn and Tom Robbins. The Bacon doesn't have quite as much to do as the others but he's great nonetheless in his smaller role.

7/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Brave (2012) - 7.5/10
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 39 Steps 1978...8/10...IMO the best of the "39 steps " films with Robert Powel and Karen Dotrice ( yes shes the little girl in Mary Poppins)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    Currently watching "Ghost", one of my favourite films 😀

Me too ....never get sick of watching it !..also it did the world of good to the art of pottery ! :)
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rover - thought I would really like this but just a bit tooslow and pretentious for me. 5/10
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Premium Risk [2012]. Director: David Koepp

6/10

Fast-paced thriller in which a bicycle delivery guy is chased around the streets of Manhattan by a crooked cop.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Black Snake Moan

I ended up liking it. It was one of Justin Timberlake's first roles and I thought he was great in the few scenes he had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Last Time I Saw Paris (1954) - 7/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparkle [2012]. Director: Salim Akil

5/10

Remake notable as Whitney Huston's last film. She plays support to 2002 American Idol winner, the aptly named Jordin Sparks.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EPIC not epic 5/10
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I Saw You (Lamma shoftak) (2012) 8/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brake [2012]. Director: Gabe Torres

5/10

Stephen Dorff appears in every scene of this secret-agent-trapped-in-a-box yarn. The end was rather too obvious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Autumn Afternoon (Sanma no aji) (1962) 9/10
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain Man - 'Oscar bait' drama about a douchebag car dealer who learns that he has a long lost brother he never knew about (who happens to be autistic). The performances from Cruise and Hoffman are great.

7/10

Days of Thunder - Described as 'Top Gun meets Nascar' but I think I might slightly prefer this to the previous Tom Cruise/Tony Scott collaboration. Thankfully there's no Val Kilmer on sight.

7/10
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Captive (2014) starring Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Rosario Dawson

"Eight years after the disappearance of Cassandra, some disturbing indications seem to indicate that she's still alive. Police, parents and Cassandra herself, will try to unravel the mystery of her disappearance."

Nice acting, but - despite the subject of the film (paedophilia rings) - the film didn't make me feel too much for the parents, partly due to how the timeline moved back and forth, it was confusing and detracted from the film. It didn't seem to know quite what it wanted to be.

6/10
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Noah. Realy enjoyed this although I wasn't sure where Noah had developed his fighting skills The effects were pretty good and the turmoil that Noah went through between his family and his "creator" was well handled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Royal Tenenbaums [2001]. Director: Wes Anderson

3/10

Persistently annoying comedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    12 Angry Men (1957) - 9/10
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murmur of the Heart (1971)
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently watching World War Z. It has to be the biggest pile of tosh I have ever seen in my life but I'm determined to make it to the end.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not Safe For Work - 7/10
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Currently watching World War Z. It has to be the biggest pile of tosh I have ever seen in my life but I'm determined to make it to the end.

I made it to the end but it just got worse. Even Peter Capaldi couldn't save it.

1/10, and that's being generous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bucket List 9/10.......spiritral, touching, emotional, heart breaking, warm, funny,...and .so much more on so many levels ...brilliant film !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psy (1992) 8/10
This discussion has been closed.