In the closet gay celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Niles & the guy that played the character Bulldog.

Also Edward Hibbert who played Gil Chesterton.

I can't remember the show but there was a joke I saw recently that went along the lines of "more homosexuals than a Frasier cast party".
    Forum Member
    I didn't say there was.

I just wondered if anyone had mentioned him ;)

If you'd said Matthew Amroliwala I could have understood it.

He's not gay either though, 4 kids.
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »

The trouble with this thread is, once the speculation starts even if incorrect it seems almost impossible to dispell. David Walliams can't seem to shake the rumours no matter what he says or does to the contrary

He plays up to it though to be fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Will.I.Am - gotta be
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pictures have emerged of the Stylish one at a New York gay bar, sitting with a very effeminate looking blonde and 2 other guys, one of whom is sitting on the other's knee and stroking him

Very easy to find via Google

I think this pretty much confirms it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pictures have emerged of the Stylish one at a New York gay bar, sitting with a very effeminate looking blonde and 2 other guys, one of whom is sitting on the other's knee and stroking him

The effeminate blonde sitting very close to the Stylish one is Jonathan Pierce, lead singer of The Drums (who is openly gay). The two guys stroking each other might be two other members of The Drums but I can't tell from that photo. Still, all very curious...
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell ;)
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've been trying to think of gay footballers and can't come up with any concrete examples
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've been trying to think of gay footballers and can't come up with any concrete examples

Spanish Newcastle striker back on loan in his homeland is openly gay to everyone who knows him, but won't go public because he doesn't want to be the Gareth Thomas of the football world

Also, according to said Newcastle striker, the 2nd best footballer in the world is at least bisexual, possibly gay
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

Is it actually a gay bar?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002529053441&sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=259032557524377&set=a.259032400857726.58820.100002529053441&type=3&theater
  • Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does seem to have a huge amount of gay friends but maybe thats all they are.

That makes me doubt if he actually is gay because if he was I would have thought doing everything possible to keep it a secret would be his and his managements main aim. Not being photographed with every gay on the block. It would only lead to people talking... as we are.. those who are gay in showbiz usually are very discreet. This boybander possibly being gay would ruin their chances of success in America (sadly image is everything over there and they aren't as progressed as us Brits) so his bosses wouldn't allow him to be openly at risk of being found out if he really was. They would be making out he was bedding a different girl every night if he really was gay. Its all about spin. Not directly putting yourself in the firing line to be found out.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanish Newcastle striker back on loan in his homeland is openly gay to everyone who knows him, but won't go public because he doesn't want to be the Gareth Thomas of the football world

Also, according to said Newcastle striker, the 2nd best footballer in the world is at least bisexual, possibly gay

Yeah, after some research, there has been quite a bit of talk on here about him most likely being a homosexual.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    Gay males are more than capable of hating women. In fact some are very good at it.

Why would homosexuals hate straight women for? Assuming that's what you meant.
  • WhatYouGonnaDo?WhatYouGonnaDo? Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    He does seem to have a huge amount of gay friends but maybe thats all they are.

That makes me doubt if he actually is gay because if he was I would have thought doing everything possible to keep it a secret would be his and his managements main aim. Not being photographed with every gay on the block. It would only lead to people talking... as we are.. those who are gay in showbiz usually are very discreet. This boybander possibly being gay would ruin their chances of success in America (sadly image is everything over there and they aren't as progressed as us Brits) so his bosses wouldn't allow him to be openly at risk of being found out if he really was. They would be making out he was bedding a different girl every night if he really was gay. Its all about spin. Not directly putting yourself in the firing line to be found out.

There is only so much control management can exert over an artist. If he is gay he might very well personally have no strong desire to hide it. And they have been making out he is a womaniser. Do you not remember all the stories about him banging girls in Simon Cowell's dressing room, or getting off with various older women? what is that if not spin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yeah, after some research, there has been quite a bit of talk on here about him most likely being a homosexual.

A quick Google search can find you pictures of the 2nd best footballer in the world having dinner in a notorious gay district of New York with an openly gay boyband member. They look very in sync....
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Styles is gay. Bisexual maybe but not gay. He sleeps with female fans which I doubt he'd bother to do if he was gay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    I don't think Styles is gay. Bisexual maybe but not gay. He sleeps with female fans which I doubt he'd bother to do if he was gay!

Any evidence of that though or is it just media spin?
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any evidence of that though or is it just media spin?

It's not media spin. The girls I know about haven't been in the press. He's more picky about which fans he chooses to bed than, say, Zayn is..
  • Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only so much control management can exert over an artist. If he is gay he might very well personally have no strong desire to hide it. And they have been making out he is a womaniser. Do you not remember all the stories about him banging girls in Simon Cowell's dressing room, or getting off with various older women? what is that if not spin?

Wrong. Everything about this American trip is planned and staged to the highest degree. They are puppets. They have no control over anything they are doing currently. If there was the slightest hint he was gay no American promoter would touch them.

It sounds to me like you want this to be true but I can safely say it isn't.

There seems to be alot of fantasy in this thread.
  • WhatYouGonnaDo?WhatYouGonnaDo? Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    Wrong. Everything about this American trip is planned and staged to the highest degree. They are puppets. They have no control over anything they are doing currently. If there was the slightest hint he was gay no American promoter would touch them.

It sounds to me like you want this to be true but I can safely say it isn't.

There seems to be alot of fantasy in this thread.

of course it is!!!!
    But short of putting an electronic tag on the boys leg, they can't control every little thing he says or does no matter how much they might try or want to. Also look to other boybands as an example, Take That's management tried very hard to tightly manage their public image and keep any bad behaviour on the down low. It didn't stop Robbie doing drugs, drinking, running away to Glastonbury and "misbehaving" very publicly. Because despite what you claim they are not "puppets" these kids are real people with real lives.

If they were under as much control as you suggest do you not think they would have kept his potentially damaging relationship with a much older woman (Caroline Flack) from happening or at least kept it well out of the public eye? They didn't in fact they seemed to positively encourage the media and public to talk about it. That leaves two options either you are wrong and Harry Styles is a law unto himself and not a puppet or his public image is being as tightly controlled as you suggest and his "people" were leaking the relationship with an attractive woman to the press presumably for a good reason...
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Why would homosexuals hate straight women for? Assuming that's what you meant.

Why do straight men hate women? I mean, it can't just all be about sex/attraction/usual man/woman stuff. Just with regards to experience, I've had dealings with gay men that could put your archetypal straight male chauvinist to shame. Perhaps, in some cases male entitlement is male entitlement. If, that happens to be someone's personal stand point then it does not matter if that bloke is gay or straight.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True,
    i dont think he is gay though. What do you think?

I don't think he is either. But of course, who really knows? All I know is whoever gets lumbered with him has my sympathy.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a well established female singer who is married but in name only.....
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did it ever come out whether Gary Speed was gay or not (no pun intended). I always had my doubts about David Morrissey as well.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    It's not media spin. The girls I know about haven't been in the press. He's more picky about which fans he chooses to bed than, say, Zayn is..

This is true haha boys will be boys ;)
    Some of the girls have made the conquests very obvious.
This discussion has been closed.