The Mindy Project (UK Pace on E4)

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Loved lasts nights episode, it had bits of everything and it circled around one plot. Does Danny like Mindy? His face when he learned she didn't have a crush on him, a little broken.
    Did anyone notice no Jeremy last night?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    seriously how is no one watching this??!

It's so much fun! And really quite funny in places.

last night's Mindy hyperventilating at the empire state Building was very good.
  • Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    seriously how is no one watching this??!

It's so much fun! And really quite funny in places.

last night's Mindy hyperventilating at the empire state Building was very good.

Love it just which we weren't so far behind the US who are on series 3 now.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I watch it! But I got impatient of waiting for e4 to air it and started watching us pace in addition to uk pace. I heard that season three has been cut to 16 eps?? So I hope it's not about to get cancelled. :(
  • calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great series. And very surprisingly so as i thought it would be annoying to watch, but it´s not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    its fab! i too would have thought mindy would be annoying but she actually writes and delivers some great lines
    Forum Member
    I watch it! But I got impatient of waiting for e4 to air it and started watching us pace in addition to uk pace. I heard that season three has been cut to 16 eps?? So I hope it's not about to get cancelled. :(

I am like you been watching it at US pace.
    Fox has only given Mindy 15 episodes and they are still waiting to find out if they are being picked up for more episodes. New girl and Brooklyn 99 have only just been picked up for the extra episodes. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is surprisingly pretty good.

I really like Mindy and Danny together. They work really well as a pairing, I actually ship them.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    jackles27 wrote: »
    I am like you been watching it at US pace.
    Fox has only given Mindy 15 episodes and they are still waiting to find out if they are being picked up for more episodes. New girl and Brooklyn 99 have only just been picked up for the extra episodes. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

There's no US pace thread so I'll post it here but 6 more episodes have just been ordered, so things are looking good for now! :D
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no US pace thread so I'll post it here but 6 more episodes have just been ordered, so things are looking good for now! :D

Love The Mindy Project!

That was a great last episode for Series 2 (though I got confused and thought this was Series 3 until recently). :D

I think they work well together: Mindy's so funny and sweet and Danny has that sexy, real New Yorker charm about him.

Looking forward to Series 3, and I hope they will last (as most of Mindy's many suitors have lasted all of 5 minutes). :D
    Forum Member

Just read, woop woop made my day. :D
    I don't know if a Season 3 US pace thread would be worth creating?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mindy Project season 3 starts on E4 on Thur 18th June - 2 weeks today - at 9.30pm.

Welcome back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads-up the show is back for season 3 this Thursday on E4 at 9.30pm.
    Forum Member
    Just giving this a bump for tonight. Glad this show is back.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Just a heads-up the show is back for season 3 this Thursday on E4 at 9.30pm.
    jackles27 wrote: »
    Just giving this a bump for tonight. Glad this show is back.

Thanks guys, I'd missed the news of this show's return (and New Girl) and saw this thread just in time to whack on series record :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've binge watched episodes 1-4 of S3 The Mindy Project.

It's still a good show and makes me laugh but everything this season has changed. For me a lot of the humour came from Mindy being single and going on random dates with different men and craziness and absurdity ensues creating lots of lols and hilarious one liners. There's none of that this time around unfortunately. For the creativity of the show it was a no-brainer for Mindy and Danny to get together and become a couple. They have great chemistry and compliment each other well in the humour stakes, it's just a different show now because of that. I'm not finding it as funny as it used to be. That's not to say i don't find it enjoyable because i do. The last episode about anal sex was a cracker - it just slipped! :D

I realise it's still early days so there's still time for things to improve and see where they go with Mindy and Danny and the rest of the characters. Outside of Mindy, Morgan and Peter make a great double act. Those 2 are funny.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've binge watched episodes 1-4 of S3 The Mindy Project.

It's still a good show and makes me laugh but everything this season has changed. For me a lot of the humour came from Mindy being single and going on random dates with different men and craziness and absurdity ensues creating lots of lols and hilarious one liners. There's none of that this time around unfortunately. For the creativity of the show it was a no-brainer for Mindy and Danny to get together and become a couple. They have great chemistry and compliment each other well in the humour stakes, it's just a different show now because of that. I'm not finding it as funny as it used to be. That's not to say i don't find it enjoyable because i do. The last episode about anal sex was a cracker - it just slipped! :D

I realise it's still early days so there's still time for things to improve and see where they go with Mindy and Danny and the rest of the characters. Outside of Mindy, Morgan and Peter make a great double act. Those 2 are funny.

I think that this phenomena is known in the TV world as The Moonlighting Effect. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode on Thur. The scene where Danny had to pretend to be drunk whilst Mindy was behind the lesbian couple secretly making signs to Danny on what to say was hilarious! When he chucked the wine on Mindy's face made me LOL! :D

The beer pong scenes were truly excellent.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question about Mindy and the UK rights - now this is on Hulu is the US does anyone know if that will affect the deal Channel4 has to show it here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fairy_ wrote: »
    I have a question about Mindy and the UK rights - now this is on Hulu is the US does anyone know if that will affect the deal Channel4 has to show it here?

I have no idea. It's a great show and i enjoyed season 3 even if it was different in tone with Mindy and Danny getting together and Mindy becoming pregnant.

I know Hulu have screened their mid-season finale of season 4 but i don't know if E4 will continue to show it. I bloody well hope so! If it does come back i hope it comes back with the new season of New Girl which also had an excellent season 4.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea. It's a great show and i enjoyed season 3 even if it was different in tone with Mindy and Danny getting together and Mindy becoming pregnant.

I know Hulu have screened their mid-season finale of season 4 but i don't know if E4 will continue to show it. I bloody well hope so! If it does come back i hope it comes back with the new season of New Girl which also had an excellent season 4.

I guess it will come down to the cost - as we don't have Hulu here in the UK (and I don't think there are plans for that to change any time soon?) I can't see any reason for Hulu to not want the C4 deal to continue, though it would be a good opportunity for C4 to get out of the deal if they wanted to. Fingers crossed they keep it though, and I agree that NG and MP make a good double header.