Utility Warehouse

Anne-SophieAnne-Sophie Posts: 235
Forum Member
I am presently with o2 and will be moving house soon. Of course o2 wants to sign me over to Sky but I am tempted to try Utility Warehouse. I would like DS members' opinions on phone and broadband service from Utility Warehouse.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Avoid.

Anyone who says anything good about utility warehouse is a distributor who works for them and gets paid by them.

They have to be the worst company ever, not to mention they're running an illegal pyramid scheme.
  • cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Anyone who says anything good about utility warehouse is a distributor who works for them and gets paid by them.

They have to be the worst company ever, not to mention they're running an illegal pyramid scheme.

Well at the end of last year Which? Recommended Providers (Broadband & phone) voted as follows:

1) Zen Internet [Value for money: 3/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 87% Streets ahead of the rest, Zen truly deserves its Recommended Provider status. Zen has been among our top broadband performers since 2005, and more recently started to provider a home phone option too - clearly these customers are just as happy.

2) Utility Warehouse [Value for money: 4/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 80% Customer service is the high point for Utility Warehouse, though it scores well elsewhere too. You have to pay a membership fee to sign up with it, so you'll need to add a minimum of £1.50 a month to the package prices shown on its website.

3) Plusnet [Value for money: 4/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 78% Plusnet's broadband service gets a good four stars for connection reliability, value for money and customer service . It offers one of the cheapest broadband and phone deals on the market, with prices starting at about £20.

So are Which? distributors, then? :eek: Note that the above is for broadband & phone which may not interest the OP.

Care to elaborate?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Well at the end of last year Which? Recommended Providers (Broadband & phone) voted as follows:

1) Zen Internet [Value for money: 3/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 87% Streets ahead of the rest, Zen truly deserves its Recommended Provider status. Zen has been among our top broadband performers since 2005, and more recently started to provider a home phone option too - clearly these customers are just as happy.

2) Utility Warehouse [Value for money: 4/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 80% Customer service is the high point for Utility Warehouse, though it scores well elsewhere too. You have to pay a membership fee to sign up with it, so you'll need to add a minimum of £1.50 a month to the package prices shown on its website.

3) Plusnet [Value for money: 4/5, Customer Service: 5/5, Connection reliability 4/5, Connection speed: 4/5, Customer score: 78% Plusnet's broadband service gets a good four stars for connection reliability, value for money and customer service . It offers one of the cheapest broadband and phone deals on the market, with prices starting at about £20.

So are Which? distributors, then? :eek: Note that the above is for broadband & phone which may not interest the OP.

Care to elaborate?

Ah yes, Which. The site that Utility warehouse always use to backup their point. Which is the only site which actually gives them positive reviews.
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used utility warehouse for 10 yrs until moving house
    Took gas, electric, landline and wifi and it was excellent

My wifi, broadband never failed. The cheapest out there. Whenever cold callers tried to force their gas on me I just said " I'm with utility warehouse" they left straight away admitting they couldn't compete

And no I have not and never will work for them or has any of my family !
  • cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, Which. The site that Utility warehouse always use to backup their point. Which is the only site which actually gives them positive reviews.

…and that would be because, er,Which? is independent perhaps? Thanks for providing the copious examples of the sites that do not review UW favourably but, regardless, I would suspect that they are hardly likely to hold similar credibility to Which? Unless you know otherwise, of course.
    Again, care to elaborate? :rolleyes: