✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    hmm so galaxy s4 or new nexus 5 it seems lol

Yes I think so.

Darren
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should point out HTC spent a long time making sure signal worked through the aluminum case. I've never had a signal problem except in some indoor places but that is more to do with frequency than anything else. As I know someone who has one on EE and gets 2G signal in place I don't get 3G.
  • Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Surely at less than/around £300 the 'undercut' would be closer to £200 than £100?
    Sorry, I was basing it on real life current prices; you can get a S4 for around £420 now but if you're talking about RRP then yes.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I was basing it on real life current prices; you can get a S4 for around £420 now but if you're talking about RRP then yes.

Crikey, didn't realise they had come down that much. Is that £420 S4 from a 'proper' retailer and not ebay and the like?
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16gb and no expandable memory is way too small for a phone though.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16gb and no expandable memory is way too small for a phone though.....

Agree with the increase in app size and cameras on devices lowest I will have without it being expandable memory is 32GB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Agree with the increase in app size and cameras on devices lowest I will have without it being expandable memory is 32GB.

this

if the nexus is 16gb still then i wont get it
    this phone will be for about two years and with all the apps, music etc...16gb is way too small
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should point out HTC spent a long time making sure signal worked through the aluminum case. I've never had a signal problem except in some indoor places but that is more to do with frequency than anything else. As I know someone who has one on EE and gets 2G signal in place I don't get 3G.

I was just going by the HTC I had and the two others that I know that have had other HTC phones.

Darren
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    I was just going by the HTC I had and the two others that I know that have had other HTC phones.

Darren

Is the htc worth getting or should I get the iPhone 5s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »

Darren

No problem and I agree HTC phones in the past have had signal issues but it has been fixed with the One know quite a few people with it and none has complained about signal. Well apart from EE issue but that not the phones fault.
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Is the htc worth getting or should I get the iPhone 5s

That comes down to personal choice really do you like iOS or Android for example. Don't think about optimisation as both iOS and sense 5 are probably best you can get at that. Do you like the finger print scanner for instance than got for iPhone 5S. Or do you like front facing speakers then HTC one is device for you. Do you like Apples Eco system which I will say is probably one of the best there is closed but brilliant. Really it comes down to pros and cons and which overall wins out. I think after reading into iPhone 5S a bit more it is certainly a step forward with 64bit [expect it going be while before that is noticeable] everything starts somewhere. Finger print scanner is certainly a useful security measure more secured and faster than current one. I still feel the screen lets the iPhone 5S down hopefully that is increased in size with iPhone 6. I think both device would be brilliant for you though you need look at specs and reviews and think what you want from your device.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem and I agree HTC phones in the past have had signal issues but it has been fixed with the One know quite a few people with it and none has complained about signal. Well apart from EE issue but that not the phones fault.

That comes down to personal choice really do you like iOS or Android for example. Don't think about optimisation as both iOS and sense 5 are probably best you can get at that. Do you like the finger print scanner for instance than got for iPhone 5S. Or do you like front facing speakers then HTC one is device for you. Do you like Apples Eco system which I will say is probably one of the best there is closed but brilliant. Really it comes down to pros and cons and which overall wins out. I think after reading into iPhone 5S a bit more it is certainly a step forward with 64bit [expect it going be while before that is noticeable] everything starts somewhere. Finger print scanner is certainly a useful security measure more secured and faster than current one. I still feel the screen lets the iPhone 5S down hopefully that is increased in size with iPhone 6. I think both device would be brilliant for you though you need look at specs and reviews and think what you want from your device.

i was gonna get the nexus but 16gb memory and non expandable doesnt cut it.

the iphone 5s is a bit too expensive for me

when is the new htc one out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was gonna get the nexus but 16gb memory and non expandable doesnt cut it.

the iphone 5s is a bit too expensive for me

when is the new htc one out?

I doubt before march.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt before march.

dang what a dilemma im in:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dang what a dilemma im in:(

Honestly it depends what you want your device for. Do you want 4G connectivity on it for example ?. Honestly for most people unless you need the greatest and best hardware all the time. I think any of the high end devices out at the moment will last you two-three years. If you want the certainty of that go with Apple as they support there devices for a lot longer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it depends what you want your device for. Do you want 4G connectivity on it for example ?. Honestly for most people unless you need the greatest and best hardware all the time. I think any of the high end devices out at the moment will last you two-three years. If you want the certainty of that go with Apple as they support there devices for a lot longer.
    That's a bit true....
    With all the software updates etc...your never behind.
    What network would you recommend me to get it on? Tbh it need the 32gb model and on three it's £42 a month😳
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bit true....
    With all the software updates etc...your never behind.
    What network would you recommend me to get it on? Tbh it need the 32gb model and on three it's £42 a month😳

Either EE or Three simply because the 3G networks are far superior coverage. Three has advantage that you get unlimited data but will have wait longer likely for LTE. While EE has already impressive LTE coverage but capped data plans and faster speeds. With the low amount of 3G and 4G coverage I couldn't recommend Vodafone or O2 at the moment hopefully they increase that though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either EE or Three simply because the 3G networks are far superior coverage. Three has advantage that you get unlimited data but will have wait longer likely for LTE. While EE has already impressive LTE coverage but capped data plans and faster speeds. With the low amount of 3G and 4G coverage I couldn't recommend Vodafone or O2 at the moment hopefully they increase that though.
    Is it worth getting 4g?
    Also EE don't give unlimited date. Only tmobile do and that's if you sign onto a 3G contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth getting 4g?
    Also EE don't give unlimited date. Only tmobile do and that's if you sign onto a 3G contract.

I didn't say EE did unlimited I said capped data plans. I would say 4G is important if you want stable download speeds of say 15-30mbs also the increased coverage/indoor penetration that 4G spectrum will bring.