A Clear Out on the Cobbles...

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    -Get Sohpie back to fancying men again. Her character just doesn't fit with being gay. I think being gay as well has limited her storylines somehow, don't know why but i just think it has.

-Bring in a new family, someone fresh and exciting. Maybe a 'posh' family with two sons and a daughter.
    *Move them into the websters house and when kevin comes back but kevin in the flats with sally.

Sophie was never straight...ones sexuality is not like flicking a light switch..
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Get Sohpie back to fancying men again. Her character just doesn't fit with being gay. I think being gay as well has limited her storylines somehow, don't know why but i just think it has.

-Bring in a new family, someone fresh and exciting. Maybe a 'posh' family with two sons and a daughter.
    *Move them into the websters house and when kevin comes back but kevin in the flats with sally.

Be honest, it's because she's a lipstick lesbian, right?:D:p
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the first thread you've created that doesn't revolve around LGBT??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the first thread you've created that doesn't revolve around LGBT??

Erm....no actually.

Maybe get your facts right before posting.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I would axe Steph (really can't see her ever making an impact), and Sean Tully, but I am content with the current cast.

Stop giving the cast personality transplants a la Tina.

Stop giving characters so much screen time, like the Platts, Tina and Stella. They are all fine in proportion.

Agreed with these, especially Tina's personality transplant.

Sophie had a huge storyline and there was a big, big fuss made about the fact that her sexuality was for good and not a 'phase' which I think is actually quite refreshing. I love Hollyoaks but people do seem to just sleep with anything that has a heartbeat
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Erm....no actually.

Maybe get your facts right before posting.

It was a question, not a fact.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were the EP of Corrie, what would you do?

The show needs freshening up in my opinion and has become a bit stale, the show still has some deadwood that needs to go.

My Plan if I was the EP.

I am not sure if Liz's return has been successful at the Rovers- I would keep her there but she needs another strong female to bounce off so I would axe Kym Lomas as Michelle and bring back Suranne Jones as Karen. Karen would rekindle her romance with ex husband Steve but Tracy Barlow who is Amy's (Steve's daughter) Mother will be far from happy, cue a new Karen/Tracy feud.

Audrey decides to sell the Saloon and when David fails to raise the money to buy it an old face returns to the Cobbles- Claudia Colby played by Rula Lenska and she is joined by her son Daniel.

Axe the deadwood-

Maria and Kirk decide to move to Cyprus.

A Fire rips through the Webster and Windass Household killing both Tim and Gary, Sally and Kevin reunite.

Dev sells up his business and his home and moves away with his two children

Khalid and his Father and Son move into Dev's old house.

A new GP who moves into Victoria Court and himself and Todd become an item.

Julie moves into the Grimshaw household after Eileen and Sean leave, Jason and Eva live there.

Roy and Mary will begin a slow burning romance but Roy soon realises that Hayley is irreplaceable and they agree just to be friends.

Jenna also leaves for a new life in Leeds.

just some ideas for starters...

Don't give up the day job...
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, because we gays have such limited lives, don't we...?
    *Checks calendar - yes, it is almost 2014*
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Gail could tragically choke on an olive whilst babysitting for David & Kylie.

:D:D:D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    I would have Ryan being hospitalised after a drug overdose on Ibiza and Michelle rushing to be by his side. Bad news as he is paralysed for life or something (insert medical condition here) and Michelle decides to bring him back to the UK for a fresh start hundreds of miles from Weatherfield. Which leaves Steve free to run the pub with his mam and take up with a new love interest who isn't a nagging harpy. I'd be happy to see Eva sticking around - she has real Bet Lynch potential, IMO.

After Hayley dies, Roy and Mary become increasingly close and eventually agree to marry for the companionship, not the romance. Evenings of chess and railway documentaries ensue and they become the moral heart of the street.

Brian sods off to Wales, leaving Julie free to get it on with Dev. Yes, I can see these two hitting it off and he comes with a ready made family, which is what she wants.

I would axe Sinead, Chesney, Katie, Izzy, Gary, Owen. I would work out a way of getting Anna with Tim or else they could sod off too. I would also consider ditching Maria or at least making her character less of a pain in the backside.
    How would anyone know if Ryan was paralised, Oldenough? his acting was completely wooden.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what gets my goat is Maria....absolute deadwood character and offers nothing new to the show yet the Actress who plays her is getting 100k - what a waste of tax payers money.

Its on ITV so not tax payer money!!!
    Agreed though she is a waste of space!
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    As much as I like Dev, the corner shop could do with some fresh faces, but I'd like Dev and his kids to leave with a happy ending, they all deserve it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is an awful character played by a poor actress...

That's your opinion Vaslav, not the opinion of every other member on this forum, for God's sake.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I'd axe From Corrie:

*Dennis- Rita finds out he bet the house and lost!
    *Tracey- Bumped off.
    *Ken- Just comes back to tell Dierdre, he has had an affair in Canada and will stay there.
    *Nick, he would have a setback from his brain injury and die:(
    *Sophie- she would leave by going to Germany to look after Bill as Kevin returns to win Sally back as Tim leaves.
    *Tim- Kills Tracey by accident and dumps Sally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging how poor Corrie is right now- this needs to happen but with Stuart Blackburn first.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowt like reviving your own 10 week old thread is there... ;-)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail could tragically choke on an olive whilst babysitting for David & Kylie.

I'm laughing trying to imaging her facial expression as that happened!
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the less interesting characters needs to be culled. I am looking forward to the return of Kevin and Ken, it will be like having old friends return to the district. I don't like the character of Tim, so I hope the writers put Sally and Kevin back together, with baby Jack as part of the family.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,919
    Forum Member
    Sophie was never straight...ones sexuality is not like flicking a light switch..

Maybe not in RL, but in soapland it happens all the time.
  • MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Jamie Baldwin back too.

I'd axe Fiz,Eileen & Gail.

I like the Windass's,esp Gary.He's a good actor & I'm enjoying the current storyline.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be very controversial and axe Norris, Emily, Tracy, Amy, Michelle, Steve, Lloyd, Sean (he would be 1st to go!!), Kirk, Dev and his kids, Sophie, Devil child aka faye, peter, fizz, nick,

I would introduce Steph Brittons Mum, stepdad and younger brother...and move them into Dev's old house...

I would introduce a group of students who move into Emily's when a developer buys it and converts it into a student house. There would be a Muslim, a bi lad, a nerdy girl, and a lad who has HIV (He would be straight, he was born HIV)

I'd get rid of the kebab shop, and maybe the kabin too ...

I'd bring back Jamie Baldwin as I feel the show lacks the Baldwin name. He would start a feud with Ken as his uncle Mike did before..

I'd also bring back Billy Walker to shake things up for Rita, Deidre and the Rovers when he claims He still owns it!

I wouldn't axe Norris I still think he is one of the best characters, also I would definitely axe Maria, Katy and Tim as they add nothing to the show.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There'd probably be hardly anyone left if I was in charge! :D
    I'd get rid of:
    Katie
    Chesney
    Eva
    Eileen
    Jason
    Rita
    Kirk
    Izzy
    Sophie
    Michelle
    Simon
    Beth's son (worst actor ever!)
    Lloyd's daughter (forgotten her name)
    I wouldn't let Kevin back
    Sean
    Stella, Peter and Tina are all leaving anyway (yay!)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if all the characters mentioned were culled, there would be no Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often go through cull of CS and often end up with only Steve, Eileen, Lloyd and Tina left - then I spend some time wondering why I've watched it all these years :blush:
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what gets my goat is Maria....absolute deadwood character and offers nothing new to the show yet the Actress who plays her is getting 100k - what a waste of tax payers money.

Agreed, all she does is whinge. Add Fiz and Sean to that clearout.>:(