Celebrity MasterChef 2014

AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought I'd start a thread for this year's Celebrity MasterChef given it starts next month.

A friend of mine said that me knowing the majority of names is a sign of becoming old... :(

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing Todd Carty (he was great in The Bill), Alison Hammond, Emma Barton, Sophie Thompson, Tina Hobley and Alex Ferns... most of them from an era of EastEnders when I used to watch.

Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Full list of celebrities can be found here

Comments

• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Andy, I didn't realise it was coming back on - I am gagging for Big Brother to start but this will do in the meantime :D

I recognise most of the names too, we're obviously old :p

My fave is Todd Carty - Grange Hill baby!:D
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    I recognise most of the names too, we're obviously old :p

:cry::cry:

It starts on Tuesday 10th June at 9pm on BBC One - I think Big Brother starts before then? Will be a busy few weeks for fans of both shows!
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It starts on Tuesday 10th June at 9pm on BBC One - I think Big Brother starts before then? Will be a busy few weeks for fans of both shows!

Thanks for the date, can't put it in planner yet!

Both on? The husband will be pleased, no tv for him - again!:D
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usual suspects, and a sprinkling of few new names in there,
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Giorgio Locatelli..never seen him before on reality competition esp on Masterchef.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some interesting names in the line up and a few I hope don't get past the first round!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad it's back on on an evening after the last series being on in the afternoon
  • lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I'm a Masterchef fan as much as the next man, but we've only just had the normal one, and now the celebrity one already. Spread it out a bit over the year BBC, especially as Masterchef The Professionals seems to be up in the air, with Roux bailing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, Roux didn't bail. He was given an ultimatum - ditch the potato sponsorship and stay, or keep the tatties and go.

AS long as a genuine top level chef comes on board, Pro Masterchef could get a good revamp here. I felt there was a lot of emphasis on classical training in previous seasons, which is very important, but it would be good to see a series where already exceptional chefs go all out - not just at the classics but at new techniques and flavours and taking classics to the next step. If that makes sense?

But then all our UK masterchefs need revamps.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to watching this series, even though I don't recognise many of the names.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    To be fair, Roux didn't bail. He was given an ultimatum - ditch the potato sponsorship and stay, or keep the tatties and go.

I'm still very sad that Michel Roux Jr and (probably) Monica are gone. Monica and her facial expressions had me excited for Professionals each year.

As for CMC - this starts tonight!
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise that this was starting! seems to have had very little promotion!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    Usual suspects, and a sprinkling of few new names in there,

Stronger cast than SCD may well get on recent year's showing. I suppose Celeb MS has an advantage in that its safer - you can't be exposed as unable to move, rhythmless, and unliked by the public on masterchef.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »

AS long as a genuine top level chef comes on board, Pro Masterchef could get a good revamp here. I felt there was a lot of emphasis on classical training in previous seasons, which is very important, but it would be good to see a series where already exceptional chefs go all out - not just at the classics but at new techniques and flavours and taking classics to the next step. If that makes sense?

But then all our UK masterchefs need revamps.

Not sure how you find a new chef who will work - particualarly if you try and keep the format of them having a sidekick who needs to work on TV too? Do you try a pilot show or two? You could just bring in a new chef each week and then see who was best for next year?

They don't have that many good cooks on professional masterchef to let them loose until the very late stages? There's usually some very unprofessional looking professionals, The format also may not allow much experimentation. Its notable that people who can experiment and do different things, tend to lose out, either to people who do one type of food as often as possible, or people who avoid experimenting and play safe. The imaginative ones tend to end up producing the odd meal thats less successful, which can be fatal with knockout stages, or leaves a question over them in the final. . We had one notable final where Gregg and John went for someone who would produce something duller they would like every day from a much smaller range, over someone more gifted who might produce something they didn't like every now and again.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie Kidd...Hasn't she done something 'foody' before?
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had that impression but I can't actually think what it was nor find anything on google.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had that impression but I can't actually think what it was nor find anything on google.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her cooking on some show...like you I can't remember where!
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we are again.....
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sophie Dahl has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I've seen her cooking on some show...like you I can't remember where!

I remember her on Srictly.. not on a cooking show though
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.. here we go...
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    these first shows of the celebrity version are so unpredictable as you never know who is just here for the publicity and who can actually cook
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG what's happened to Susannah Constantine. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she really a Supermodel .. I thought she was a regular model. I liked her on Strictly, she came over very well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Tucker Jenkins