Comments

• Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    This is fast turning into reality TV "The Only Way Is Borstal"
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is fast turning into reality TV "The Only Way Is Borstal"

It is :o:o Borstal was a proper threat by parents when I was young. "If you're not careful, you'll be off to Borstal". It frightened the life out of any respectful kid, and there was one down the road in Mobberley which we often went past and my parents always pointed it out....
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This piece of scum is a father as well. Sets a great example doesn't he.
    Forum Member
    I would put them both in isolation each and every time they didn't exactly as instructed and the amount of time in solitary would not come off their time served. Simple and effective: It would them be up to them to decide if they ever got out or not.

Break them and then rebuild - they will get nowhere saying "oh your naughty boys!".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He just makes a mockery of everything. Believes he is entitled to everything >:(
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    It is :o:o Borstal was a proper threat by parents when I was young. "If you're not careful, you'll be off to Borstal". It frightened the life out of any respectful kid, and there was one down the road in Mobberley which we often went past and my parents always pointed it out....

Yes I had the same parental threats as well! :D

And we have (had?) one 7 miles up the road.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Potty mouth 'teacher' there! Swearing is against the rules.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully and predictably he's probably a hopeless parent and if the mother of the child has any sense she will prevent him getting anywhere near the kid.......it's bad enough he's got his genes
    Forum Member
    "She made me get angry"

Well we don't like you when your angry that's for sure!

But sadly the usual excuse of it always being everyone else fault but their own.
    Forum Member
    You earn respect, you moron.
    Forum Member
    Who the hell are you to demand respect and how have you earnt it?

Is it that you just demand respect and act violently against anyone who doesn't do as you say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "She made me get angry"

Well we don't like you when your angry that's for sure!

But sadly the usual excuse of it always being everyone else fault but their own.

As a teacher, I hear that every day.... It really pisses (sorry) me off.... Kids today are allowed by their parents, first of all, to just go off on one and it is excused..... What power do teachers have?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme should be re-named 'Why the country's fcuked'

It sums up the reasons quite succinctly.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Respect' is a word bandied around by today's yoot.......who don't have the slightest notion of what it means or how it is attained. There appear to be very few brain cells amongst this group of lads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the show is putting a former criminal in as a role model. It's coming to something when the programme makers admit the bad lads wont listen to matron, the ex military guards, the trainers, gardeners, or even the governor, so the only person they know these lads will respect is a man who made a career out of slashing people.

Well done on glamourising criminals, ITV!
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These kids need fear put in them. The reformed guy put fear into them and they understood it. They won't learn through being put in jail, getting their hands slapped or whatever because there's no fear in that. It's easy, it's bragging rights. But the cold hard truth and fear makes them actually think. How much they do take in will be debatable. It's too easy to do what they've done and keep doing it with little consequence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's supposed to be 1930s why are they "in the community"???? And fancy taking them to a church on Sunday..... How ridiculous
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    As a teacher, I hear that every day.... It really pisses (sorry) me off.... Kids today are allowed by their parents, first of all, to just go off on one and it is excused..... What power do teachers have?

This is why I could never be one!

I love imparting my knowledge to others, but if I was met with that, a good smack around the head would follow and I'd be out of a job on day one.

Even sensible actions seem to have gone out the window in schools and prisons: Seems like you can't actually do anything to correct the behaviour. Then these people are the direct result of letting them do what they want when they want.

Plus bad parenting and good parents who are scared on their own kids in case they phone childline.

Personally I'd correct the bad behaviour and be damned.
    Forum Member
    The Vicar's wife looks like Rod Hull.
    Forum Member
    This programme should be re-named 'Why the country's fcuked'

It sums up the reasons quite succinctly.

Yes, it is fcuked because they are doing nothing to correct it.

So it will continue and will get worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me neither. You're powerless to do anything, even shout or they'll have their parents in and you'll be sacked. Then there's all the technology. I've heard of kids in infant schools who have their own iphone. And then there's all the -isms and syndromes. Ahhhh I digress.

Back to angry young yoofs waving knives about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I love imparting my knowledge to others, but if I was met with that, a good smack around the head would follow and I'd be out of a job on day one.

Even sensible actions seem to have gone out the window in schools and prisons: Seems like you can't actually do anything to correct the behaviour. Then these people are the direct result of letting them do what they want when they want.

Plus bad parenting and good parents who are scared on their own kids in case they phone childline.

Personally I'd correct the bad behaviour and be damned.

You've nailed it in one OE. I have watched education/upbringing go down the pan in my 40 years in the job. Retirement is just round the corner......:)
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the show is putting a former criminal in as a role model. It's coming to something when the programme makers admit the bad lads wont listen to matron, the ex military guards, the trainers, gardeners, or even the governor, so the only person they know these lads will respect is a man who made a career out of slashing people.

Well done on glamourising criminals, ITV!

Eh the key word is former. It's the only way some will ever learn. These people will never learn from those other people. They've not learned from their parents and teachers. It takes someone with actual experience that has actually learned from past mistakes and experiences for the boys to repect and think about their own lives. People can actual reform and do something with their lives. Hardly glamourising what he's done bad.
    Forum Member
    So the punishment is that you can go back to cushy prison?

Lesson learnt: NONE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off goes another one.... How many will be left at the end?