iOS 8.3 just been released.

d123d123 Posts: 8,604
Forum Member
Anyone waiting for iOS 8.3 should check for update on their iOS device, Apple have released it in the last half an hour.

Comments

• andyukguyandyukguy Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    EE 19.1 appears to have come with this.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Jesus that's one hell of an update. I didn't realise how messed up 8.2 was...
  • lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus that's one hell of an update. I didn't realise how messed up 8.2 was...

It was just iOS 8 in general. It felt rushed and under tested.
    Forum Member
    Nice to see a toggle to select 2G only just in case you need it..
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    Nice to see a toggle to select 2G only just in case you need it..

Yes this was promised back in iOS 8.0 and random people had it (e.g. iphone 5 users on vodafone or o2), but anyone on an LTE capable network didn't. Now its much more obvious. In some remote places forcing a lower standard can help.

Not getting that choice on my iPad but it has a 3 SIM so it doesn't really need any choice other than 4G on/off :)
    Forum Member
    A 3 carrier profile will disable the 2G toggle
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn thing won't let me use it on Xcode now i've updated
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    A 3 carrier profile will disable the 2G toggle
    Yeah, that figures really :):)
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2G, 3G or 4G list on Vodafone.
  • exterraexterra Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I've updated to ios8.3 and it now says "EE WiFiCall" next to the phone signal.
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Vodafone will bring forward their WiFi calling launch now
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Vodafone will bring forward their WiFi calling launch now

Oh definitely Vodafone is starting to show that it is a network to watch out for. There network plan seems sound and they have good spectrum. Things like WiFi Calling and VoLTE will only make them a more solid competitor.

On a side note Sprint also launched WiFi Calling today alongside EE.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iPhone 6 on O2 since updating has now got 2g 3G and 4g switch which is immensely useful as the 2G signal where I work is so much better for calls. Will this however likely be removed upon carrier update?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee18xx wrote: »
    My iPhone 6 on O2 since updating has now got 2g 3G and 4g switch which is immensely useful as the 2G signal where I work is so much better for calls. Will this however likely be removed upon carrier update?

I can't see why O2 would remove that option only reason Three would is due to fact they have no native 2G network.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed
  • iTechiTech Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Looks like it has fixed quiet a few issues on my 6 plus. Asphalt 8 still doesn't run super smooth and Tidal still stutters when there is heavy work being done (orientation changes etc). But overall looks far more stable now.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah done the misses 5S and my 6 earlier, as said it was quite a big change log wasn't it, most of it under the hood. To be fair I didn't really have any issues with 8.2 really.

Did anyone else notice how the install and setup procedure was slightly different with 8.3? At first I thought it wiped my phone back to factory because it came up with the setup screen you see when first setting up a new phone and then asked for my iclould password? Then it went back to my original homescreen, phew! Lol. Also something strange, on my misses 5S it didn't turn on iMessage on hers where as it did on my iPhone 6? No problem but just thought that was abit odd.
  • exterraexterra Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Ios8.3 also seems to allow the phone to be locked to 2g for voice calls. That plus wifi instead of data is pretty much ideal for me.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back😁 the ability to wake Apple TV from sleep by selecting AirPlay form the phone😊😊😊
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Yeah done the misses 5S and my 6 earlier, as said it was quite a big change log wasn't it, most of it under the hood. To be fair I didn't really have any issues with 8.2 really.

Did anyone else notice how the install and setup procedure was slightly different with 8.3? At first I thought it wiped my phone back to factory because it came up with the setup screen you see when first setting up a new phone and then asked for my iclould password? Then it went back to my original homescreen, phew! Lol. Also something strange, on my misses 5S it didn't turn on iMessage on hers where as it did on my iPhone 6? No problem but just thought that was abit odd.

It always does that with the major point updates, for some reason. Make me nervous when it comes up with the welcome screen like a new phone!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Don't know if it's the same for everyone, but after the update the predictive function was set to off on my iP5.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to have made my WiFi signal much stronger.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to have made my WiFi signal much stronger.
    Yeah I was thinking that.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I updated all my devices (iPhone 6 plus, iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2) and using Touch ID to make purchases in the App Store and iTunes is broken. It keeps asking me for a password. I'm not happy :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I updated all my devices (iPhone 6 plus, iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2) and using Touch ID to make purchases in the App Store and iTunes is broken. It keeps asking me for a password. I'm not happy :D

Maybe this new smiley will help 😖😁