What Kerry Did Next........

PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After being voted out on Sunday, Kerry took an early bath (or an early holiday.....if Pip Schofield isn't telling porkies).
The relentless PR machine that is her management company CAN have immediately started spinning about a "Jungle" appearance.

Dancing On Ice star Kerry Katona has also expressed her interest in returning to the jungle.

"I'd definitely do it again," she said. "I saw Ant and Dec the other week and thought, 'should I say something?'. I gave my first crown to charity, so I need another one!"

I thought it a particularly nice touch to verbalise the desire to go in the jungle AND get in a "Look what I do for charity" comment in a single short statement.

CAN management obviously believe her star is on the rise, although public opinion doesn't neccessarilly support their view. The DOI vote would suggest that either she is a Poor Skater/Viewers are terminally bored with know nothing do nothing celebrities/ Or Simply "Katonered" out.

Am I missing something or would anyone really want to see her in the Jungle AGAIN?

Comments

• Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After being voted out on Sunday, Kerry took an early bath (or an early holiday.....if Pip Schofield isn't telling porkies).
    The relentless PR machine that is her management company CAN have immediately started spinning about a "Jungle" appearance.

Dancing On Ice star Kerry Katona has also expressed her interest in returning to the jungle.

"I'd definitely do it again," she said. "I saw Ant and Dec the other week and thought, 'should I say something?'. I gave my first crown to charity, so I need another one!"

I thought it a particularly nice touch to verbalise the desire to go in the jungle AND get in a "Look what I do for charity" comment in a single short statement.

CAN management obviously believe her star is on the rise, although public opinion doesn't neccessarilly support their view. The DOI vote would suggest that either she is a Poor Skater/Viewers are terminally bored with know nothing do nothing celebrities/ Or Simply "Katonered" out.

Am I missing something or would anyone really want to see her in the Jungle AGAIN?

I would ask if we really need yet another 'Kerry-bashing' thread!!! :)
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a valid question Cally's mum ;)

I'm simply asking if the 'Great British Public' are keen to see more of her, especially in a show she has done before.

I must confess that as yet, I haven't been won over by her or Ms Price, I may be missing somrthing that others have seen.......but I'm prepared to be educated. :confused:

What is it about her that appeals to you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't need her in anything, on anything, doing anything. Just another boring ZZ list, not Katona bashing - just can't stand the sight or sound of her. :yawn:
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Public opinion doesn't necessarily disagree with that view either, though.

Besides, it could just as easily be said that CAN believes her star has failed to rise, so that it would make sense for her to try to revisit the scene of her earlier triumph.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a valid question Cally's mum ;)

I'm simply asking if the 'Great British Public' are keen to see more of her, especially in a show she has done before.

I must confess that as yet, I haven't been won over by her or Ms Price, I may be missing somrthing that others have seen.......but I'm prepared to be educated. :confused:

What is it about her that appeals to you?

She doesn't. I'm not a fan. These days, I'm far too old to be a 'fan' of anything or anyone (although I will make certain exceptions for certain good-looking, mature, charismatic men!)

It's just that the DOI boards seem to have been swamped by threads about her and most of it has been terribly unpleasant. I mean, it's not like she's actually affecting the way anyone else is living their lives save those of her own family. So I don't really understand why people have to say the unkind things that have been evident over the last few weeks.

I am aware that others seem to find articles of her round every corner (I don't. Obviously I'm moving in the wrong circles!:) The only time I ever see any reference to her in any form of media is when I visit DS!) and people have been commenting on that - but it's been, in the main, not just judgemental, but vicious and nasty and there's been some very immature 'name-calling' - which in my opinion doesn't make those who indulge in it any better than the person they're targeting (whomsoever that might be!).

It just seems to me that we would all be far better occupied in talking about the skating and dancing and the competition itself - but then, maybe I'm on the wrong forum! :D

As for Ms Price - well, I neither like nor dislike her. I don't know her (only 'of' her - through DS and the gutter press - half of which is regurgitated nonsense from cobbled together quotes and 'invented' stories - I don't have a good opinion of this country's 'press', as it's no longer geared toward 'news' but bad journalism and the 'never let the truth get in the way of a good headline' kind of quote! I certainly don't trust anything I read in any of the so-called 'newspapers') - although I did see IAC (my one annual vice aside from SCD!) and apart from the fact that she appears incredibly self-absorbed, she did at least do the tasks!

Ms Katona did deserve to go on Sunday - she was one of the worst contestants remaining. It's arguable as to whether she should have gone the week before as they were both bad in different ways! :)

As for returning to the jungle - I think it could be very destructive to her psyche as I doubt she would win for a second time and that would be a huge blow if she is in a fragile emotional state - which she does seem to be. Ms Price seems to be made of stern stuff, irrespective of what her character is like. She did it on her terms. I doubt Ms Katona could do the same. I hope her management team talk her out of it.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly can I say that I really am not a fan of Kerry but I must also say she is a far better skater than me! ;)

I am not trying to "bash" her, but please could someone answer me - WHY does she have to be on the telly all the time? She has just finished one show, she has the ITV2 one, now she wants to go in the jungle - how often do you see other people on all the time (OK don't quote Cheryl Cole, Katie Price, Peter Andre, Paris Hilton etc, they are of the same mould). It's as if she is terrified that if she is not on some reality show or other, nobody will remember who she is.

I watched the first episode of South Riding the other night after the skating (OK I was forced into it but it was good actually) and saw the lead actress and remembered who she was, but I hadn't seen her since I watched Poppy Shakespeare a year ago.

I just do not get the need for constant exposure all the time.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really liked her in the jungle the first time. I wouldn't like to see her in there again.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, she's yesterday news so I don't see the relevance of you bringing in what she'll do 'next'. I think this thread is probably suitable elsewhere (like the Showbiz forum) not in DOI and only very remotely DOI related... Have alerted the moderators to move this thread there...
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    I actually really liked her in the jungle the first time. I wouldn't like to see her in there again.

Its not until next year, yet again she will leave her Children in another desperate attempt for fame.
    She is saying that DOI has made her go back to her therapist and that she is still very "fragile". Her best bet would be to stop touting herself about and stay at home and be a Mum.
    How can she expect the public to warm to her when she is all me me me.and getting into the next project when the last one has hardlly been a success.
    if she goes into the jungle again and does not win, it will be back to therapy and her kids ignored. She really is not putting them first.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the public wanted to see more of her she'd still be in DOI. She appears to be no different from before. Desperate for fame at all costs. If she's clean I suggest she spends her time with her kids, rather than risk it all for another few hours telly time. She's vile and I certainly wouldn't watch if she was in it. She has nothing left to offer the public apart from more f*ck ups and that would be too sad to see.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    If it were a real jungle with no cameras for at least a day's walk, I'd be all for it.
  • Miss WolfieMiss Wolfie Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I really hate it when people compare Kerry Katona and Katie Price, Seriously, apart from them both being 'working class' Katie is Pro-Active and has created her future (no matter how people berate her for it) and Kerry is just Un-active, relying on others for validation. Sorry, but Katie in my mind is FAAAAR the better of the 2.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Continues to make excuses for her behaviour (It wasn't my fault, it was because of my mum, Brian, Mark, bi polar, drugs etc etc etc). gets married at least another 3 times and continues to have kids into her 40's and sell her stories on the whole shebang without actually having anything to offer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she went in to the Jungle again it would be a mass vote for her to do all of the tasks by the public i think :cool:

She could then be voted out as soon as ya can vote ;)

Just an alternate view :D

Personally i have had enough of her and dont think i could force myself to watch it at all ;)
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way I want to see Kerry back in the jungle is if I get to snip the cords on her parachute.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    We don't need her in anything, on anything, doing anything. Just another boring ZZ list, not Katona bashing - just can't stand the sight or sound of her. :yawn:

I so agree with you!, if i never see her on tv again, it will be too soon.....:yawn:

I am not trying to "bash" her, but please could someone answer me - WHY does she have to be on the telly all the time? She has just finished one show, she has the ITV2 one, now she wants to go in the jungle - how often do you see other people on all the time (OK don't quote Cheryl Cole, Katie Price, Peter Andre, Paris Hilton etc, they are of the same mould). It's as if she is terrified that if she is not on some reality show or other, nobody will remember who she is.

I just do not get the need for constant exposure all the time.

The simple answer to your question is!.... because she is bankrupt, her and her husband snorted all her millions up their noses!..... Can are now paying for her rented house, i think it's £2000.00 per month isn't it?, they are paying for all these holidays she keeps taking in Majorca and also i think i read the kids school fee's.....so of course they are out to get her on every reality type show they can, trying to prove that she is once again 'loved' by the general public who are all desperate to see her..........:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    The only way I want to see Kerry back in the jungle is if I get to snip the cords on her parachute.
    :eek::D Harsh!
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I don't mind Kerry. Admittidly now she isn't as GOOD and loved as she used to be. I say that as in, when she won 'im a celeb' she was quite loved by the public etc but of course events afterwards (caused solely by her) changed that.

I don't mind her and as long as she's not doing no harm then I don't mind seeing her on TV every now & then.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Personally, I don't mind Kerry. Admittidly now she isn't as GOOD and loved as she used to be. I say that as in, when she won 'im a celeb' she was quite loved by the public etc but of course events afterwards (caused solely by her) changed that.

I don't mind her and as long as she's not doing no harm then I don't mind seeing her on TV every now & then.

Every now & then !!
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »

Cannot bear her! Hate seeing her on the telly and mags! Sorry!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People have as much right to inteprete the actions of Kerry negatively or positively..so no need for all the false moral highground. As DS is big enough for all opinons!

And if people dont like the thread then they dont have to read it. Its simple as that.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't warm to the lass and am sick of hearing about her trials and tribulations (which have been a bit hard to avoid). However, there has been some pretty nasty stuff said and written about her- and I think her kids have enough to deal with without taking on all that. I do believe she has genuine mental illness and the drugs and alcohol have been a way of self-medicating but I wish she'd stop trading on it and prove herself at something beyond all the personal dramas.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what she can do for me...

stop breathing
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    I know what she can do for me...

stop breathing

Now that is harsh. :eek::eek:

I would say, less of the TV & mags, disappear from the public eye & concentrate on the kids & her self esteem issues. :)

Sadly, she is now used to a certain life style, so the self publicizing will go on & on..............................

And, there is obviously still a market !
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate it when people compare Kerry Katona and Katie Price, Seriously, apart from them both being 'working class' Katie is Pro-Active and has created her future (no matter how people berate her for it) and Kerry is just Un-active, relying on others for validation. Sorry, but Katie in my mind is FAAAAR the better of the 2.
    have to agree there. not keen on Miss Price but shes handled her cash well and knows what she wants, Kerry is a waste of space.