Options

The Wanted forced to face wall when Britney passes them in hallway!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
Forum Member
[news]The Wanted: 'We were forced to face wall while Britney Spears passed'
[highlight]Updated:[/highlight] Wanted not picked on by Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, says rep[/news]
“We signed a confidentiality thing that we should never say anything about what happened, but let’s tell it anyway,” band member Tom Parker said on air.

Siva Kaneswaran said, “I was in the hallway with my tour manager. Basically we were looking with a laptop, trying to get wifi…facing the middle of the hallway. [Britney's] bouncers came down with her and told us to face the wall.”

“As Miss Spears is walking through,” elaborated Tom. “We’re like come on!” Siva continued, “We turned around and I faced a wall for about 10 seconds until she got really far away.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfzOjqcajI&feature=player_embedded

After all the shade they've thrown Christina's way its high time that they learn their place in the pop hierarchy.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Is their PR strategy to gain as much attention through association as they possibly can?!

Their team must be pulling their hair out over these guys big mouths, otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    They then continued to state how lovely she was when they met her in person. I think the bouncers probably thought that Britney wanted to not be interrupted so asked them to do it without her permission.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, they need to learn to just keep their mouths shut, this will do their career's no favours whatsoever.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its deliberate.

Music needs a rebel like character, so I think their manager and everything has decided to have them across as arrogant and big mouths. I have met TW before (sort of a walk pass) and they were very nice and down to earth; so unless breaking the US really changed them or they are being told to act like this.

On Ellen, she announced them as Britain's "badboy, rebellious" boy band. When they weren't. So they may be playing up on that now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Is their PR strategy to gain as much attention through association as they possibly can?!

Their team must be pulling their hair out over these guys big mouths, otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if their PR team have already packed up and left.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow twice in one week have they showed themselves what next is all I can say.
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're so stupid.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So lets get this straight. They signed a confidentiality agreement but have broken it?

Are they going all out to be shunned from the US Showbiz scene? :eek: They are completely ruining their chances of success. Even if this is the image they are going for you don't piss off the real big wigs of music. You just start fueds with the small players. Never the big fish.

Silly boys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I think its deliberate.

Music needs a rebel like character, so I think their manager and everything has decided to have them across as arrogant and big mouths. I have met TW before (sort of a walk pass) and they were very nice and down to earth; so unless breaking the US really changed them or they are being told to act like this.

On Ellen, she announced them as Britain's "badboy, rebellious" boy band. When they weren't. So they may be playing up on that now.

Thats what i think they probably just want the media attention and playing up to this bad boy image they apparently have :D
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    “We signed a confidentiality thing that we should never say anything about what happened, but let’s tell it
    anyway,” band member Tom Parker said on air.

Quick, sue them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Thats what i think they probably just want the media attention and playing up to this bad boy image they apparently have :D

Well TMZ are now saying the band lack humility. So the US media seem to be unimpressed with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Wait, what's the problem here? The fact that they've spoken out about this? They haven't said anything negative whatsoever.. Nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that Britney (or at least Britney's team) asked them to face a wall so that they didn't have to look at each other while she passed them in a corridor. That is ridiculous.
    But assuming, like Christina, she has "earned" the right to treat people like ****:rolleyes: I'm not condoning what they said about Christina but these people really need to be taken down a peg or two if that's they way they're treating people...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well TMZ are now saying the band lack humility. So the US media seem to be unimpressed with them.

They are pobably trying to look edgy and not as manufactured as they are and not having the media's blessing will look cool. Publicity is publicity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are pobably trying to look edgy and not as manufactured as they are and not having the media's blessing will look cool. Publicity is publicity

Not in America. Cerainly not a new band. Its not wise for any artist to be a big mouth about established acts so early in their careers. All they need to do now is bad mouth Beyonce and they really will be finished over there. Its a totally different ball came in the states. All these artists have too many people who are faithful and loyal to them. The Wanted have no one.

Further more the fan bases of the artists they are bad mouthing will snub them. So which market are they aiming for? alienating fanbases is foolish and they will regret it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in America. Cerainly not a new band. Its not wise for any artist to be a big mouth about established acts so early in their careers. All they need to do now is bad mouth Beyonce and they really will be finished over there. Its a totally different ball came in the states. All these artists have too many people who are faithful and loyal to them. The Wanted have no one.

Further more the fan bases of the artists they are bad mouthing will snub them. So which market are they aiming for? alienating fanbases is foolish and they will regret it.

Whilst what you say is true and is a dangerous game to play i dont think they have not bad mouthed anyone in their demographic. If they badmouthed Bieber, 1D, Big Time Rush or Selena Gomez then they'd be in real trouble. They have pretty strong people in charge of them so I think they''ll be okay (for now) as long as they dont continue doing this. Its all promo for their next single which is vital in maintaining a foothold and they need all the promo they can get as they dont have Glee to help them this time (i think anyway).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst what you say is true and is a dangerous game to play i dont think they have not bad mouthed anyone in their demographic. If they badmouthed Bieber, 1D, Big Time Rush or Selena Gomez then they'd be in real trouble. They have pretty strong people in charge of them so I think they''ll be okay (for now) as long as they dont continue doing this. Its all promo for their next single which is vital in maintaining a foothold and they need all the promo they can get as they dont have Glee to help them this time (i think anyway).

They have slagged off 1D.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/the-wanted/351012-the-wanted-max-one-direction-america-jonas-brothers

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a371406/the-wanteds-max-george-one-direction-arent-competition-yet.html
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they weren't facing the wall here.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    As much as I agree there not doing
    Themselves any favours its
    Good to see someone out there exposing stuff like this that we all know goes on but that nobody will ever admit to (probably because of the signed agreements)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh right :o , well the rivalry obviously helped both of them succeed :D . I do agree they are taking it too far but it could pay off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted seem to mouth off a lot about their peers and I don't trust anything that they say to be honest as they come across as desperate attention seekers.

They need to remember they're only where they are today because of Captail FM...if not for that dubious link they'd have got nowhere. They are bloody ugly for a boyband, have no presence or personality, and seem to constantly slag off other artists.

The sooner they disappear the better. Hopefully, if they keep mouthing off this way it won't be too long.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did nothing wrong if thats true... Who does she think she is.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait, what's the problem here? The fact that they've spoken out about this? They haven't said anything negative whatsoever.. Nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that Britney (or at least Britney's team) asked them to face a wall so that they didn't have to look at each other while she passed them in a corridor. That is ridiculous.
    But assuming, like Christina, she has "earned" the right to treat people like ****:rolleyes: I'm not condoning what they said about Christina but these people really need to be taken down a peg or two if that's they way they're treating people...

^^^
    This!

It baffles me that people let Britney, Christina et al treat them like sh*t, just because they're 'celebrities'. No one, regardless of how big a star they are, has the 'right' to treat others like that, but as long as people make excuses for them, they will continue to do so.

It sounds to me like Britney needs therapy, not people agreeing to her ridiculous demands. There's something very wrong with you if people have to turn their backs in order for you to be able to walk past them in a corridor. Why aren't Britney's 'people' questioning her mental state instead of pandering to her?
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is everyone on here deliberately ignoring the fact that they then went on to say she was a lovely woman and 'very down to earth'?

I have met TW and I can say they are lovely guys! Especially Jay and Nathan. Tom and Max were a bit moody, but I guess that's not very surprising...given the fact it's they two that are giving the band this awful reputation! :(
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But where is the proof it ever happened in the first place?

Do people really believe such ridiculous nonsense? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, if it was anyone else speaking out against Britney's people I could easily believe it but The Wanted seem to keep using other people's names to get attention for themselves and that's where the doubt sets in. All they seem to do is find negative things to say about their peers and it's just bad form when it's as constant as it is with this lot.

I feel the same about others who are more known for having a pop at people than anything else. Example is another prat who was constantly mouthing off a while ago.