Great Night Out

Comments

• Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought tonight's was much better than last week's.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he played the brother of will mellors character in a comedy which I can't recall what it was called , warren Clarke played their dad .

In like Flynn or something
  • Daisychain21Daisychain21 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    In like Flynn or something

In with the flynns Thanks leicester_Hunk
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute rubbish. Last week was passable, even though you could predict every joke coming from a mile away.

This week?

No, it was unadulterated tripe. They had obviously used up their meagre store of stolen jokes in the first episode, and had literally nothing left for the rest of the series.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Glynn have that car in the first episode?
    So I couldn't understand why they were all making out like they'd never seen it before?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    bgtension wrote: »
    Didn't Glynn have that car in the first episode?
    So I couldn't understand why they were all making out like they'd never seen it before?

I thought they were showing the program in the wrong order for a bit.
    I assumed from last week that he had a dull job in insurance or something.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only ITV could come up with something this bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this last night. Apart from the over-acting of the drunk girl, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lee Boardman is one helluva good actor. And doesn't he resemble a young Oliver Reid!
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Jequila wrote: »
    Watched this last night. Apart from the over-acting of the drunk girl, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lee Boardman is one helluva good actor. And doesn't he resemble a young Oliver Reid!

And there was just no need for that belt on his cardigan :D
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the name of the hotel where the ex wife from Australia stayed in in last night's episode?

Am really enjoying this (could have done without the scenes of the Midland in the first episode, bad memories :cry:), some good lines - they don't go to McDonalds cos Glenn has fear of clowns :D
    Forum Member
    Don't the responses drop off once the first episode has aired on here?
    I swear some of you enjoy slating or discussing some thing before it's aired than once it's actually on.

Oh I enjoyed the Leopard can't change it's spots cut-away gag last night, the Hospital thing was a bit too contrived for me.
    I missed the first couple of minutes, what's the score with the Lexus, where's the mad boss blokey?
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought last night's episode was very strong again.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an idiot that guy was to allow himself to be used by that slag of an ex-wife.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this series! It has genuine laugh-out-loud moments and the cast are a great ensemble.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an idiot that guy was to allow himself to be used by that slag of an ex-wife.

that was brilliant when the blind automatically opened :D
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,738
    Forum Member
    Loved last night's ep. Hodge and his mate going round to their old teacher's house in school uniform and then finding out she was gay all along ('She happens to be my wife!') was hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Ash is very good-looking.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Loved last night's ep. Hodge and his mate going round to their old teacher's house in school uniform and then finding out she was gay all along ('She happens to be my wife!') was hilarious.

Yeah but he was Angus Young from ACDC you know!;)
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »

That was quite amusing, putting their hands up :)
    I'm sure the 'wife' is the other half of Mark Benton's character in Early Doors, but we only got a glimpse of her.
    Ricky Tomlinson is hardly pushing boundaries of his acting skills here, but his character's funny.

I'm still clueless as to this Lexus business.
    Forum Member

Yeah, it was a great hardship what they got up to in the Hotel room wasn't it, both as 'slaggy' as each other IMO.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Ash is very good-looking.:o

He's certainly a cutie... I love his smile. :o
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Ash appeared in Children's Ward and Where the Heart Is. That's where I recognise him from.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I've just watched last nights episode - once again very enjoyable, and great to see Sue Devaney as the barmaid; one of those actresses who always delivers a great performance. It's a shame it's not getting the viewing figures it deserves, but that's down to it being scheduled on the wrong night, sadly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really enjoying this series, the characters really work well together and it has some definite funny moments. I like it being on on a Friday night but appreciate that doesn't help the viewing figures. I would like a second series but will have to see.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good gags set up eg talking about adding chocolate to chilli = leads to "why is there a kit kat in my chilli bowl?" The men all work well together and are believable as are the women.