Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly

If you're from Glasgow, chances are you're not too far from where they filmed the Still Game exteriors (Townhead and Maryhill I believe).
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to live in walking-distance from the Pebble Mill studios in Birmingham.

Does anyone else remember Pebble Mill at 1?
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very glamorous but Dangerfield was filmed round my town Warwick.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Glasgow these days doubles for US cities in movies and has even doubled as Edinburgh.

There was a crime drama filmed in some of the dodgy derelict streets in my town. The houses are all boarded up now and planning to be demolished.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used parts of Birmingham during the filming of Hustle.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Glasgow these days doubles for US cities in movies and has even doubled as Edinburgh.

There was a crime drama filmed in some of the dodgy derelict streets in my town. The houses are all boarded up now and planning to be demolished.

Yes, I recall seeing pictures of Glasgow a couple of years ago 'dressed' as Philadelphia for a Brad Pitt zombie film.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in Blackpool, so we often have a visit from Coronation St. We had the delightful 999 What's your emergency not so long ago, which went down like a bucket of sick with the tourist board. :D
    We get Strictly some years, though not this year and every time Coronation St or Emmerdale are filming a scene when someone meets with a watery disaster - car crashes into canals, people plunging into water at the bottom of a disused quarry, they film that at The Nautical College rescue training pool in Fleetwood, just up the road.

My favourite thing they filmed here was a few years ago - The Royal Variety Show, I was at that and it was a great night. I also liked Blackpool with David Tennent and David Morrissey. The follow up Viva Blackpool! wasn't quite as good, though.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    waterloo road at the moment. though i dont watch it

not a programme but the film sweet sixteen
  • casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who here in Cardiff!
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are filming the new series of The Real Housewives Of New Cumnock nearby
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    Songs of Praise and Harry Secombe :o
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They filmed a Peak Practice in my house once.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raining Stones was filmed on the housing estate where I live.
  • MaleficOpusMaleficOpus Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I can't trump Peak Practice, but Badger was filmed in my street. They set off an explosion in a disused building and a car chase went down the back lane (which is a dead end). So my house has been on television and my sister got Jerome Flynn's autograph.

On a completely different note, apparently the Geordie Shore people moved "to a new house in a converted warehouse on the outskirts of the city" uncomfortably near me, but I'm pleased to say I've never seen them.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pie in the Sky, Midsomer Murders and a juice commercial have all been filmed in my town. I also used to live a stones throw from Elstree Studios.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they filmed a couple of terrible drama series round here (in Nottingham) a few years ago - "Paradise Heights" and "A Thing Called Love". I used to fast-forward through the studio scenes and just watch the bits that were filmed on location, sometimes with the sound off.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wire in the blood, 55 degrees north and Badger had a few scenes shot in my street, a few scenes in what ever happened to the likely lads were shot a couple of blocks from me.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to film Keeping Up Appearances round here and we saw the streets and a church round here lots of times. Not that I liked the show. The film Kinky Boots was filmed near here too.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StarGazing Live, was filmed at Jodrell Bank, which is only down the road from where I live, so it is always good to seem them there! :D
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweeney around Fulham (about ten years before I lived there) and I saw them film a scene from The Gentle Touch at a house close to my old uni, UCL. Jill Gascoigne was supposed to come out of the front door and get into a car, which was to pull away at high speed. As it started to move,a car came slowly along the road and there was a screech of brakes - and a director, who "just couldn't cope anymore". They filmed Middlemarch when i lived in Stamford - I watched one scene by a local chuch, which had large stone gateposts - when they had gone, i went over and realised that both Douglas Hodge and the delicious Trevyn McDowell (what happened to her?) were rather shorter than they had appeared to be on TV. The town has also had various antiques shows round.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My workplace was used as the base for a big OB, we let them use the garage for the location catering (the tents were blowing away) so we got a free meal out of them (and were able to jump the queue because we had access behind the counter they set up!). Lost count of how many Rum Babas my colleague had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shameless did a fair bit of filming near where i live .
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the hospitals used in Green Wing was Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow where I was born.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wire in the blood, 55 degrees north and Badger had a few scenes shot in my street, a few scenes in what ever happened to the likely lads were shot a couple of blocks from me.

Off topic, but what ever happened to 55 degrees north???

I enjoyed the first series, I wasn't in the country for the second....
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A factory I used to work in was right next to the studios where The Bill was made. They filmed a few episodes in the factory. I am in one of them, but I had my back to the filming.