Options

If you got the 'One plan' text from Three, post your data usage

Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
Forum Member
✭✭
This isn't a duplicate thread, it is to establish if there's a pattern to the users receiving the 'One plan' text saying that they need to contact Three about moving off the One plan.

If this is news to you, and for all general discussion about it please use this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2022737

In this thread:

Have you received the text?

How much data and how much tethering data did you use over the last month or two.

Just curious
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    No.

20GB plus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a no from me, yet

Sept 3.99GB, 813MB tethering
    Oct 3.21GB, 264MB of tethering

Giga, if you can post the exact so we can try and work out at what limit they seem to have picked, or if it is just going out to everyone in stages so that the phone lines aren't clogged all at once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Not yet. Average about 8GB, occasional tethering.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would guess under 10GB/Month users won't be on the radar yet.

About 5GB a month is the limit 3/4G networks can handle per user but some use much less so on average it's fair to expect that 10GB or less is likely to attract little attention for now.

Interesting to read the user data stats though!

keep them coming.......
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

About 5GB a month is the limit 3/4G networks can handle per user but some use much less so on average it's fair to expect that 10GB or less is likely to attract little attention for now.

keep them coming.......

Everyone out of contract will be contacted in due time.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not recieved a text yet.

Last months tethering usage is about 93GB although I usually only use about 40GB per month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

keep them coming.......

That isn't true, please STOP repeating that statement, you know it's based on basic 3G HSDPA excluding 4G with an assumption of over 25M customers and 14,000 cell sites and dates back to research that is old.

Please respect the request in the opening post and save the general discussion for the other already existing thread here.
  • Options
    Alex_1Alex_1 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    It's a no from me also but not a big user and I don't generally tether
    Sept 1.49GB, 0 tethering
    Oct 2.08GB, 0 tethering
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    I wish we could prevent wavejock from posting in our threads.

All he does is confuse people who are looking for legitimate advice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Can you add to the title or everyone to mention If its sim only and for people who on contract how much time remaining to end.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    secretmsgs wrote: »
    Can you add to the title or everyone to mention If its sim only and for people who on contract how much time remaining to end.

Im not sure why it matter's if there is a pattern because unlimited tethering is ending anyway.

Mine is-

One Plan type: SIM Only Contract
    Minimum term ends: 27/01/2015
    Recieved text from Three: No
    Data used via tethering over last month: 93GB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see who's had the text though, you're still in contract so I guess that's why you haven't had it yet.

Also interesting to see what people were using before it comes to an end, thanks cooler.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misleading or what? So it's not everyone that will get a text, only people who are taking the pee with tethering?

I've worked out my useage (which was last reset 6 months ago) and I'm using on average 32GB per month.
  • Options
    Alex_1Alex_1 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Alex_1 wrote: »
    It's a no from me also but not a big user and I don't generally tether
    Sept 1.49GB, 0 tethering
    Oct 2.08GB, 0 tethering

Couldn't edit so just to add
    £15 One plan 12 month sim only
    Minimum term ended 12/10/14
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't edit either, no text yet.

£15 One plan sim only minimum term ended 06/07/2014

Sept 3.99GB, 813MB tethering
    Oct 3.21GB, 264MB of tethering
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I don't know where to look for my tethering, but here are my figures - this is on a two year One Plan contract which is up next July.

30th September to 30th October - 2.05GB

31st of August to 30th September - 2.35GB

I don't think I tethered for those two months. However, I was away for a week in August and used mobile data instead of Wifi as it was faster where I was. I was also streaming Spotify in the car during that week and a Nexus would have been tethered a fair amount as well. There's a big spike in that week, unsurprisingly.

30th July to 30th August - 7.46GB

If I had decent reception in my house, I'd probably use a lot more. House speed is around 2MB/s. In the main road near my house, it can be over 30MB/s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This doesn't affect people in contract so don't worry you're safe while in contract, you won't get the text, at least until you're out of contract anyway.
  • Options
    Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Just out of contract ( as of Monday this week gone) one plan £15 sim only

Sept - Oct data ( from phone ) 5.77GB used, of which 786mb Tethering ( to another android / iOS device) thats my average roughly within 1.5GB ( after checking in more detail)

August - September - 9.5GB used of which 4.1GB Tethering and portable hotspot
    Thats my peak amount and usualy happens once or twice a year, usually within 2GB ( ie tethering may be as high as 6 GB or as low as 3GB ) Tethered to a windows laptop.
    No text yet - but will have to work out what to do next/where to go next.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    No text here yet either. (30 day sim One Plan taken out in July)

28.8GB handset use. 100MB tethering. (Allowance resets at midnight tonight)
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    This isn't a duplicate thread

Yes it is and even if it isn't there is zero reason why this couldn't be asked in either of the other 3 threads on this topic
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    I'm tending to agree with Mr Wonk..... This thread has a purpose as a standalone thread.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Ok perhaps this one. The other 3 however.......
  • Options
    lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if some people didn't feel the need to use 93 GB a month over a mobile phone network then this plan and its benefits would probably still be available to those who wished to use it fairly? #justthinkingoutloud
  • Options
    neil_b17neil_b17 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    No text here yet either. Coming to end of my 12 month contract. I used 375 MB in the past week of which 48 MB was tethered data. Typically I use between 1.5 and 3GB a month.
  • Options
    Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To early to say for this Month, however in October I used a total of 5.6gb, 4.9gb of which was tethered.

This is around 50% of what I was using at the start of the year, where 8 - 10gb was my average monthly usage.

I don't have any ADSL, and the nearest public Wi-fi spot is about 30 mins drive away so a Tethered phone connection is my only available internet connection at home. I rarely stream media any longer - which probably accounts for the drop in usage over the year.

I suspect my own data usage figure (both now and previously) is a bit of a fly in the ointment, for the people / networks who loosely blame ADSL substitute users for all of the network congestion problems, and assume we all use 100gb+ a month.

No text (Yet)