Girls Aloud think they're fat

124»

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a stupid thing to say, no one did ask you anyway.

Just because she is 7 stone 7 lbs (whcih I dont believe for a second) doesnt mean she is anorexic. Anorexia is a mental illness, not a fashion statement and Nadine is just thin. Anorexia is a lot more complex than people think, most people assume because they see a thin girl she is anorexic, its almost become a lazy generalisation. So what shes thin, she still looks well and has a good bust and a bum so I dont see the problem.
    No one asked you to reply to my post either.:p

Nadine looked good when she first joined Girls Aloud, but dieting has left her with a "lollipop head". If she really thinks of herself as "fat" at only 7 stone 7lbs, then she has a distorted view of her body and is probably on the brink of, or already has an eating disorder. One of my friends (who is bulimic) also thinks she is fat, yet she is 5ft 3 and weighs under 7 stone.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GA didn't need to lose a pound between them when they were on Popstars, but the pressure of 'looking good' in the spotlight usually means they have to lose at least a stone each in order to be more 'photogenic.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that Nadine looks healthy. She looks scarily thin. If my daughter looked that thin at her height then I would be seriously concerned. I don't care if being thin is fashionable or whatever.

And no it doesn't mean she has an eating disorder. But yes it does mean she is a bad example to young people. All of them are parading around saying they need to be on a diet and that size 12 is supposedly fat!? They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else noticed how magazines are starting to insinuate that size 12 is 'fat'? I'm 5'7 and size 12 - I look slim and healthy - small bum and flat stomach.

Incidently, I had an eating disorder throughout my teens and twenties and was very often around 7.5 stone. Because I wasn't covered in fake tan, I did not look healthy at all.

Another thing which annoys me is the way when they have celebrities who may have slimmed down from a larger size and now claim to be a 10 or 12 when they are obviously a 14 - 16 - this again just distorts sizing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bad news when anything over a size 10 is considered 'overweight'.

What's wrong with everybody? These are grown women - accept your body shape. We're not meant to look like 10-year olds forever.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    melly123 wrote: »
    I have gone from a size 16/18 to a size 12 in six months. Done it the healthy way by eating healthy and getting lots of exercise because if I crash dieted it would come back on. What I find strange is I used to be a size 12 and happy with it and loved my figure. Now I am back to that and probably in a more athletic shape but I feel fat.

Its very very frustrating because I thought once I got back to my original size I would be happy. But now size 12 is considered fat. I am only going to lose a bit more weight to give myself a bmi of 22 (to make myself right in the middle of healthy) and if I stay a size 12 then I will just have to stay 'fat'.

Well done on your weight loss. And you've done it in a healthy and sensible way.

Don't worry about people thinking size 12 is fat. Anyone who really is that stupid, shallow and pathetic isn't the sort of person who's opinion counts anyway. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    Well done on your weight loss. And you've done it in a healthy and sensible way.

Don't worry about people thinking size 12 is fat. Anyone who really is that stupid, shallow and pathetic isn't the sort of person who's opinion counts anyway. ;)

Sounds like a good analogy of Girls Aloud to me. :p

Stick to making plastic pop, girls, not handing out diet 'secrets!'
  • pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are pretty thin when it comes to musical talent.
    That's for sure :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    im a size 14/16,im not thin,but i'm healthy and breathing and thats good enough for me...You only get one life,enjoy it:D