Ah yes, I can picture them now. ;)

It would never have happened if he'd been wearing this!!! :rolleyes: :D:p

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/cleeshoy/866_6692.jpg
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LQS wrote: »
    Well I have been wiped out twice by snowboarders attempting to get off the lifts at the top and bouncing into me as I got off.

I always try to avoid sharing chairlifts with boarders for that reason!!! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LQS wrote: »
    My fave lifts are button lifts, very soothing.

Yep - I like them too! :D
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant photo, just glad it wasn’t me.....:o

I once stumbled getting off a T-bar and the bar went behind my rucksack strap and dragged me up a steep bank of snow. Luckily, there was a pull wire across at the top, which cut the power and allowed me to free myself.

I was a tad embarrassed as I clambered down and realised that I was being watched/laughed at/frowned at by those still on the now stationary lift!
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    I always try to avoid sharing chairlifts with boarders for that reason!!! :cool:

Same here... I hate them - nearly had my leg broken on a chair lift by an inconsiderate boarder :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would never have happened if he'd been wearing this!!! :rolleyes: :D:p

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/cleeshoy/866_6692.jpg

Snazzy! I'd cut quite the figure on the slopes wearing that. If I liked skiing that is. :p
    Admittedly I've never tried it, I've slid down on my backside a few times on a black rubbish sack but that's a technical as it gets.

I'm a sea person really. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snazzy! I'd cut quite the figure on the slopes wearing that. If I liked skiing that is. :p
    Admittedly I've never tried it, I've slid down on my backside a few times on a black rubbish sack but that's a technical as it gets.

I'm a sea person really. :o

I'd never be seen dead in a Onesie.

They're for little kids .......................and slightly overweight, middle-aged, Gauloise-smoking, French blokes called Bertrand!!! :D
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I am now outnumbered by snowboarding friends, I frequently share chairlifts with them (in fact, it was one who put me into the trance I referred to in my opening post). I like that I can (with rare exceptions!) make a much more elegant departure from the chair, while they are obliged to do that funny scooting thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    Since I am now outnumbered by snowboarding friends, I frequently share chairlifts with them (in fact, it was one who put me into the trance I referred to in my opening post). I like that I can (with rare exceptions!) make a much more elegant departure from the chair, while they are obliged to do that funny scooting thing.

I only have have short legs :o ........ and I need to use my poles to help me get up off the chair lift - so it can be tricky to use them when there are boarders on either side because I usually just don't know which technique they're going to use to get off. I've had a few instances of having no-where to plant my poles to help me get off due to someone's board being in the way. :o
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have have short legs :o ........ and I need to use my poles to help me get up off the chair lift.
    Oh. Is that a good idea? How far off the ground are your legs dangling? Can't you just push yourself away from the chair and make a small jump?

Most snowboarders seem to have a preference for which side they want to sit, because they have different exit strategies. Obviously that's a problem when the lift is a six seater monster!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    Oh. Is that a good idea? How far off the ground are your legs dangling? Can't you just push yourself away from the chair and make a small jump?

Most snowboarders seem to have a preference for which side they want to sit, because they have different exit strategies. Obviously that's a problem when the lift is a six seater monster!

They don't dangle much but it varies from chair to chair. :o