One Direction Sweeps the Board at Radio1 Teen Awards 2012!!

abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
Forum Member
✭✭✭
DM:
'They should call them the One Direction gongs!': Boy band sweeps the board at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards
:D:D

One Direction are still proving to be on top of the game when it comes to winning the hearts of teenagers.

Harry, Liam, Zayn, Louis and Niall came out on top at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards, as they took home three awards from the Wembley Arena in London on Sunday.

The popular band took home the gongs for Best Single, Best Album and Best Music Act, cementing their status as the biggest boy band around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2214160/One-Directions-sweeps-board-BBC-Radio-1-Teen-Awards-home-gongs-.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Comments

• ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise. :rolleyes::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Is it wrong to think Liam and Louis are the only good looking ones? :o
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise. :rolleyes::p

the boys send their deepest appreciation for your unwavering belief...:eek::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Is it wrong to think Liam and Louis are the only good looking ones? :o

no... as long as no one knew...:eek::o:o
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to the Boys!!!!:D:D

They add these to their Brit Award, 3 MTV VMAs and Kids Choice Awards. Grammys anyone?? hmm!!!:D:cool:
    They are also nominated for MTV EMA awards, coming soon.

Also coming soon...their much anticipated Pepsi advert. Joining such greats as Michael Jackson, Madonna, britney Spears and David Beckham.
    Coming to your TV soon, hopefully be all over the Tvs by Christmas.:p:D:D
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction winning awards solely voted for by teenagers?!?! Gotta say that I am shocked at this information :rolleyes:
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction winning awards solely voted for by teenagers?!?! Gotta say that I am shocked at this information :rolleyes:

Really??:cool::rolleyes:
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,216
    Forum Member
    They are everywhere! like a wort that wont go away. :eek:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm calling OFCOM.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm calling OFCOM.

Me too, truly outrageous :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love 1D (I'm old, so not their typical demographic) but their fan base must be a bit tight. Will spend all their time voting for them to win awards but can't pay 99p to buy their single and get them to number 1.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    They are everywhere! like a wort that wont go away. :eek:

You mean a wArt and yep warts spread like wildfire and a bummer to get rid of ;)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,216
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm calling OFCOM.

I already have. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatsoever wrote: »
    I love 1D (I'm old, so not their typical demographic) but their fan base must be a bit tight. Will spend all their time voting for them to win awards but can't pay 99p to buy their single and get them to number 1.

I hear you but perhaps they will buy the album and the single in the next few weeks maybe they are on a monthly alowance as my kids were . just putting it out there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    DM:
    'They should call them the One Direction gongs!': Boy band sweeps the board at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards
    :D:D

One Direction are still proving to be on top of the game when it comes to winning the hearts of teenagers.

Harry, Liam, Zayn, Louis and Niall came out on top at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards, as they took home three awards from the Wembley Arena in London on Sunday.

The popular band took home the gongs for Best Single, Best Album and Best Music Act, cementing their status as the biggest boy band around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2214160/One-Directions-sweeps-board-BBC-Radio-1-Teen-Awards-home-gongs-.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

But :D at this qoute *The blonde-haired member of the boy band had surgery on his leg, after being bitten by a squirrel in Battersea Park.*

NOW THAT IS LAZY JOURNALISM!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you directioners should have spent more time buying the single than voting for the teen awards. Fell from #1 to #3 from mid-week to today....Finishing behind PSY is a bit of a shock
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that is their only demographic it's not at all surprising. They are hardly a hit with the adults.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LSUtiger88 wrote: »
    Maybe you directioners should have spent more time buying the single than voting for the teen awards. Fell from #1 to #3 from mid-week to today....Finishing behind PSY is a bit of a shock

well, just as you lot seemed surprised at how big the boys became in so short a time...

...gangnam style is the latest craze that made plenty of people cheerful and happy enough to buy that song...:)

congratulations to the songs that charted this week!!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LSUtiger88 wrote: »

You mean like multi buying like other fans of other artists do :eek::eek:Naw no need to do that they got number three with healthy sales without multi buying:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    You mean like multi buying like other fans of other artists do :eek::eek:Naw no need to do that they got number three with healthy sales without multi buying:D

true!!:cool:
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    They're like an STD aren't they? Hard to shake off