13»

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northcroft wrote: »
    Hmm both really
    The 8 year old just wont sleep in her own bed, and my partner won't even push her into doing so

A little thing from October time.
    My mother wanted to stay the night as she occasionally works down here.
    No worries.
    This was a time my partners daughter was here, so that night my mum had the spare room (where I sleep), the daughter had her own bed and me and my partner slept in the main bedroom.
    At 830pm my partner put her daughter to bed, then came downstairs and we chatted with mum etc.
    At 10pm my partner announced she was tired, so went up to bed and me and mum stayed chatting til 1130, then she went to bed and i finished off reading my book and went upstairs at midnight.
    Go into the bedroom and my partner and daughter are sleeping together.
    So I have the settee downstairs to sleep on, and as all the blankets are taken up i have to get the daughters child size duvet and my coat and sleep under that
    I don't get much sleep and my mums an early riser so she comes into the front room at 6am and wakes me up by just moving around (I'm a light sleeper)
    I try and get back to sleep but I'm just dozing
    At about 7am my partner comes downstairs and my mum makes a jokey remark "I see he's on the settee, you kick him out for snoring?"
    My partner says "oh no, I sleep with my daughter, she comes first and he has to realise it, my daughter will always come first"

Later on I saw mum and she didn't know what to say when my partner came out with that statement :rolleyes:

this is all wrong, you cant be sleeping under your coat..

dont know what to say, its just not right really
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Hmm both really
    The 8 year old just wont sleep in her own bed, and my partner won't even push her into doing so

No worries.
    This was a time my partners daughter was here, so that night my mum had the spare room (where I sleep), the daughter had her own bed and me and my partner slept in the main bedroom.
    At 830pm my partner put her daughter to bed, then came downstairs and we chatted with mum etc.
    At 10pm my partner announced she was tired, so went up to bed and me and mum stayed chatting til 1130, then she went to bed and i finished off reading my book and went upstairs at midnight.
    So I have the settee downstairs to sleep on, and as all the blankets are taken up i have to get the daughters child size duvet and my coat and sleep under that
    I don't get much sleep and my mums an early riser so she comes into the front room at 6am and wakes me up by just moving around (I'm a light sleeper)
    At about 7am my partner comes downstairs and my mum makes a jokey remark "I see he's on the settee, you kick him out for snoring?"
    My partner says "oh no, I sleep with my daughter, she comes first and he has to realise it, my daughter will always come first"

Later on I saw mum and she didn't know what to say when my partner came out with that statement :rolleyes:

To be honest, Mr P and I know that our kids come first. However we also know what's best for them and that is to give them the independence to sleep in their own bed if they wish to do so.

Why does the 8yr old not want to sleep in her own bed?

The personal hygiene is a worry. If she doesn't bath/shower, does she wash at all? It wasn't that long ago that baths/showers were not an everyday event, but people still washed.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm both really

No worries.

Should've gone for the night and stopped with your 'girlfriend' and her three kids, I'm sure they'd of had enough child duvets to make up a large one ;)

Does your OH know you're playing away?

You forgot to mention that the front room was drafty, the street lamp outside shone brightly through, the heating was broken, the cats were running all over you, the milkman was loud, some idiot was revving his car loudly while defrosting it in the morning.

You sound like you're stuck in an unbearable situation, I suppose the most us DS'ers can do is put a medal in the post.
  • Options
    NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    To be honest, Mr P and I know that our kids come first. However we also know what's best for them and that is to give them the independence to sleep in their own bed if they wish to do so.

Why does the 8yr old not want to sleep in her own bed?

The personal hygiene is a worry. If she doesn't bath/shower, does she wash at all? It wasn't that long ago that baths/showers were not an everyday event, but people still washed.

She doesn't like to sleep in her own bed, as she don't like to be on her own
    Even if we're sitting in the front room at night she will want my partner to sit with her on the laptop as she's scared of the dark, even though the lights are on
    She won't go to the bathroom on her own either.
    It's worrying, and I'm afraid I'm of the old school and I say she'll never get over it if you keep mollycoddling her

My partner apparently washes using a flannel every morning, though I'm not sure i believe that fully
  • Options
    RowieboyRowieboy Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't like to sleep in her own bed, as she don't like to be on her own
    Even if we're sitting in the front room at night she will want my partner to sit with her on the laptop as she's scared of the dark, even though the lights are on
    She won't go to the bathroom on her own either.
    It's worrying, and I'm afraid I'm of the old school and I say she'll never get over it if you keep mollycoddling her

My partner apparently washes using a flannel every morning, though I'm not sure i believe that fully

What a minger! It's 2013 not 1313 ffs
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowieboy wrote: »
    What a minger! It's 2013 not 1313 ffs

whats known as a "cats lick"

what do her work colleagues think? :eek:
This discussion has been closed.