Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, do you think it's acceptable for a team to be playing in a league where at the start of the season the objective is to get promoted to a higher level
    They will be playing at a higher level.
    and play different teams the following season
    They will be playing different teams.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    but I WOULD have the 3rd division champions promoted to the second tier anyway

Why should they jump 2 divisions? :confused::confused:
    I'm only relaying wot BFDJ said !

Next you'll be quoting One Cell!! :D:D:p
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, do you think it's acceptable for a team to be playing in a league where at the start of the season the objective is to get promoted to a higher level and play different teams the following season but what will happen is you play all the same teams all over again?

Does that not defeat the purpose of the setup and objectives of the league?

Do you think it is acceptable that the team finishing 4th in Div Two should be in a lower league than the team finishing 7 places below them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, do you think it's acceptable for a team to be playing in a league where at the start of the season the objective is to get promoted to a higher level and play different teams the following season but what will happen is you play all the same teams all over again?

How else do you change the setup? It's not perfect, but it's the best way of doing it - and about a thousand times fairer than parachuting Rangers into the First Division for no particular reason.

If people don't support the 12-12-18 system then fair enough, but this "we have to play the same teams again next season" argument is an extremely poor reason to oppose it. It also seems to imply that we should avoid changing the system simply because Rangers don't like it. Rangers are just one team out of 42 and I don't see why one club's objections should take precedence over any other club's opinion. If the SPL/SFL vote for it democratically then it's justified in my view.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,269
    Forum Member
    Chuckles Green is only flapping about Sevco playing in the new set up because his club need to up the season ticket and ticket prices substancially and he knows if he does that when they're basically playing all the same teams they do now with the same players then the Sevconians will be thinking WTF and not buy tickets. Meaning Sevco will be operating at a substancial loss again.

For Chuckles to con... sorry persuade the Sevco fans to part with more cash to watch severe dross, he'll need to glamourise it as a fresh new challenge against the mighty Clubs of the Scottish 2nd Division. As theres no way to dress up a price rise for no reason other than that they need money as then the Sevconians will wonder why a diddy lower League team cant survive with 30,000 fans watching them.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't even worry about that fella - these "reconstruction plans" that no club or fan actually wants (strange that:p) won't be pushed/rushed through in time for next season.

This is simply Scottish football "rearanging the deck chairs on the Titanic" and I think we should just sit back and enjoy their efforts.:D
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Chuckles Green is only flapping about Sevco playing in the new set up because his club need to up the season ticket and ticket prices substancially and he knows if he does that when they're basically playing all the same teams they do now with the same players then the Sevconians will be thinking WTF and not buy tickets. Meaning Sevco will be operating at a substancial loss again.

For Chuckles to con... sorry persuade the Sevco fans to part with more cash to watch severe dross, he'll need to glamourise it as a fresh new challenge against the mighty Clubs of the Scottish 2nd Division. As theres no way to dress up a price rise for no reason other than that they need money as then the Sevconians will wonder why a diddy lower League team cant survive with 30,000 fans watching them.

I only wish I had a clue what was going on in Scottish football. It's like the Krypton Factor trying to guess what is going on, what certain people want and what is actually good for the game up there :eek:
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    crofter wrote: »
    I wouldn't even worry about that fella - these "reconstruction plans" that no club or fan actually wants (strange that:p) won't be pushed/rushed through in time for next season.

This is simply Scottish football "rearanging the deck chairs on the Titanic" and I think we should just sit back and enjoy their efforts.:D

I would understand this mentality if you were speaking from the English PL, but i really dont understand laughing at the "rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic" as you see it, when you're on the bloody boat yourself and struggling for a life raft.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    The bold Tommy In Glasgow managed to get Fran Sandaza's number so phoned him up pretending to be an agent who could get him a move to the MLS.
    Sandaza tells him to do the deal behind The Rangers back and that he hates it at The Rangers and that he only went for the cash.
    I presume there will be some fans of the Ibrox club who will be happy to hear this as it might accelerate Sandaza leaving the club?

just found the link !! :eek:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4851597/Rangers-striker-Francisco-Sandaza-duped-into-revealing-salary-in-prank-call.html
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »

The football authorities are determined to push it through for next season and I reckon there's every chance they will. The wishes of the fans don't seem to matter at this point. Perhaps they haven't expressed them vehemently enough.... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandaza suspended by The Rangers.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Underhand and nasty trick by the taxi driver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Underhand and nasty trick by the taxi driver.

Tommy was winding him up.

I doubt he expected Sandaza to tell him to do all the work behind The Rangers back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayal and Gershon both play as Israel draw 3-3 with Portugal.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommy was winding him up.

I doubt he expected Sandaza to tell him to do all the work behind The Rangers back.

But none of us would like to have that sort of trick played on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    But none of us would like to have that sort of trick played on them.

I would like to think that most of us wouldn't be stupid enough to say the things that Sandaza said.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to think that most of us wouldn't be stupid enough to say the things that Sandaza said.

Some players will do anything for money. Easy to see Sandaza is lack lustre in his displays.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have the names of the sandaza investigators been released yet? the world has a right to know who these people are.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they jump 2 divisions? :confused::confused:

Next you'll be quoting One Cell!! :D:D:p

RANGERS won't be jumping though, as a new system won't be set up for the next season, so that argument is irrelevant to them!

if the 12-12-18 system is put in place, the earliest it will start is for the 2014-2015 season, and i would STILL have the champions of the third division promoted into the second twelve league!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote:
    RANGERS won't be jumping though, as a new system won't be set up for the next season, so that argument is irrelevant to them!

I never mentioned The Rangers though, neither did you.
    jenzie wrote: »
    if the 12-12-18 system is put in place, the earliest it will start is for the 2014-2015 season, and i would STILL have the champions of the third division promoted into the second twelve league!

Any chance of explaining the rationale behind your opinion that a team should be promoted 2 divisions in 1 go?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,758
    Forum Member
    Most players probably move for the money...just they don't admit it in public like this guy has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Most players probably move for the money...just they don't admit it in public like this guy has.

And most won't try to get a guy he has never spoken to before to speak to other clubs on his behalf, arrange contracts with other clubs and then ask for said contract to be sent to him to approve before the other club getting in contact with his current club to open transfer talks.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,758
    Forum Member
    True - he should have just put the phone down but then we know the reptuation of some footballers.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    The most staggering thing about the whole affair aside from the sheer stupidity of pouring your financial details out to someone who has cold-called your mobile, is surely that he has a contract giving him £4.5k-£10k per week in Div 3 and people are shocked to hear he went for the money!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously dubious team selection from Strachan. The defence has more question marks than an episode of QI and the midfield is far too attacking.
This discussion has been closed.