Doctor Who: The Bell's Of St John Prequel

1234568»

Comments

• The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Or maybe he just doesnt take a bloody kids show as seriously as you pessimist nerds do and enjoyed himself. :rolleyes:

I liked the prequel myself, and my standards are fine. Unlike you, I also get laid

Do you really? Why do you feel the need to tell us? Do you think we remotely care?
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Glib and totally missing the point.

All over the net people have expressed that this idea is a rehash. If your standards are that low and you're happy with it, fine :)

Oh well, if it's all over the internet then it must be true. Pardon me for having such low standards. Clearly all the other prequels to all the other shows are of much better quality. Oh no wait, there aren't any...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Oh well, if it's all over the internet then it must be true. Pardon me for having such low standards. Clearly all the other prequels to all the other shows are of much better quality. Oh no wait, there aren't any...

That's fair enough. But you shouldn't complain when people with higher standards want something a bit better.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah, :(:(:(

I love how this thread as predicted did just turn into mindless Moffat bashing after all. Call me Gypsy Rose Saladfingers, soothsayer and sage for the ages!
    Forum Member
    'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah, :(:(:(

I love how this thread as predicted did just turn into mindless Moffat bashing after all. Call me Gypsy Rose Saladfingers, soothsayer and sage for the ages!

But please bear in mind that all of these ming mongs have much higher standards than us Gypsy Rose. We should know our place :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Glib and totally missing the point.

All over the net people have expressed that this idea is a rehash. If your standards are that low and you're happy with it, fine :)

Whinged would be closer to the mark.

It's a two and a half minute scene.

Chill the hell out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But please bear in mind that all of these ming mongs have much higher standards than us Gypsy Rose. We should know our place :)

Surely you are one of the ming mongs Saladfingers is referring to, as well as himself, or are people only ming mongs if they disagree with your opinion?
    Forum Member
    Surely you are one of the ming mongs Saladfingers is referring to, as well as himself, or are people only ming mongs if they disagree with your opinion?

Hmm, I quite like the sound of a ming mong. Yep I'm happy to be a ming mong too. A ming mong with VERY low standards obviously. Anything else Gatherer?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I quite like the sound of a ming mong. Yep I'm happy to be a ming mong too. A ming mong with VERY low standards obviously. Anything else Gatherer?

We should get t-shirts with "Ming Mong and Proud!" on them. :D
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prequel was used to:

- Put the Doctor in the place Amy was in The Eleventh Hour (circularly structure)
    - Show that the Doctor had found her, he just hadn't realised it
    - Be ironic. Clara said that destiny was silly even though the Doctor's idea worked
    - Give us something extra
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah, :(:( :

Gypsy Rose Saladfingers is really rather an excellent name. :D
    We should get t-shirts with "Ming Mong and Proud!" on them. :D

Ming Mong with Mojo. :p
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on :)
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    The prequel was used to:

- Put the Doctor in the place Amy was in The Eleventh Hour (circularly structure)
    - Show that the Doctor had found her, he just hadn't realised it
    - Be ironic. Clara said that destiny was silly even though the Doctor's idea worked
    - Give us something extra

That's all I thought it was. Just a little extra. I just found the conclusion to be predictable. Is Moffat running out of ideas? may sound harsh. But he has definitely used the same themes with different characters.

BUT ENOUGH!

The prequel is a little extra and the main event is on Saturday night! Now that's what we should get our knickers in a twist for!