Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian hyland wrote: »
    Dad was my second guess.

I'm not going to ask what your first was.. I have my own ideas ;)
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Does your first guess end in head?

Dimwit
    Dunce
    Dumbbell
    Dope

I still think it should be ******* of the year - and it rhymes with buckwit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian hyland wrote: »
    Dad was my second guess.

Have you appeared on HIGNFY? if not you really should do, that wit is wasted in print . you could do a double act with the secret squirrel and KP or PA to present (make sure I get credit for the idea lol!):o

Sorry probably off topic so bah to he does she does oh it's a PA thread and to be topical perhaps not reading the brurb itv2 put out and watching the programme would be more informed :-)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dimwit
    Dunce
    Dumbbell
    Dope

I still think it should be ******* of the year - and it rhymes with buckwit.

If it was any of the above, he'd be a shoo-in every year. No competition.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber43 wrote: »
    Have you appeared on HIGNFY? if not you really should do, that wit is wasted in print . you could do a double act with the secret squirrel and KP or PA to present (make sure I get credit for the idea lol!):o

Sorry probably off topic so bah to he does she does oh it's a PA thread and to be topical perhaps not reading the brurb itv2 put out and watching the programme would be more informed :-)

Um....what?
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I change the channels and got into PA show by mistake... but those 1 minute I won't get back!

PA was to surprise Emily with a trip to Africa, he with Emily at some diner in Bristol, but he got shocked that she been to Kenya few times, he get looks annoyed. But strangest he looks behind the camera, possibly to Claire??, it feelings like he can't do anything without ask someone?

And one thing so funny, as PA ask Emily about trip, that it would be great to go, even PRIVATE swimming pool! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty ..I'm sure the holiday won't be private ..probably be the subject of next weeks show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tweet was very misleading. It gave the impression Pete was filmed IN the cemetery (on camera) He was not in the cemetery.

I know you don't watch the shows Betty. If you watched this episode, you would know what I mean.

He was filmed visiting the grave, just not at the grave.

Not a lie, really is it? Not the same way and interview about "My Reunion With Harvey" about an reunion that hasn't happened is a lie.

Pa chooses to live his life on film. In a heavily edited, carefully manipulated version of "reality". Not sure he has grounds for complaint if people who are paid to watch tv shows do watch, and don't like.

Anyway, Pa says it doesn't bother him, and credits it with a boost in ratings, so it's all good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not a lie, really is it? Not the same way and interview about "My Reunion With Harvey" about an reunion that hasn't happened is a lie.

Pa chooses to live his life on film. In a heavily edited, carefully manipulated version of "reality". Not sure he has grounds for complaint if people who are paid to watch tv shows do watch, and don't like.

Anyway, Pa says it doesn't bother him, and credits it with a boost in ratings, so it's all good.

Only it isn't boosting the figures..they have dropped not increased ..
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No, he wasn't filmed visiting the grave. He wasn't even filmed in the cemetery (as the tv critic said he was, but it was not true)

I explained all this earlier in a reply to Lexi, but it was all deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only it isn't boosting the figures..they have dropped not increased ..

Pa lying???:eek:

Say it ain't so.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Are you really saying that as equal parents of a child, the Father must comply with what ever the Mother insists on, even if she fails to comply herself :eek::eek: Wonder if Pete ever asked for his children not to be introduced to random strangers, within days of the Mother meeting them :D:D How very sexist Cyril. Good morning by the way :)

The thing is Kay, you have no idea at all how many random strangers HE has introduced the kids too. Because you only see what he puts on his own TV show. But in any case with her she's married them, so hardly random strangers are they?

And how much do you see her in public with the kids now compared to him? Aside from one or two occasions where they have happened to be snapped by paps, she has not done a set up photo shoot with those kids since she asked. Whats she meant to do - cover their faces with veils outside?
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've kept fish for nearly 20 years and was gutted by watching how those fish were treated. The tank wasn't set up properly and utterly incompatible fish put together :(

(I know, I'm a sad arse)

Oh and does anyone know what happened to those pug puppies Pete had? One was called Porridge I think? They seem to have vanished?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    If they're a half decent teacher then all of them! What kind of professional is going to be so overawed by meeting Pete of all people that they wouldn't speak up about the welfare of a child? Wouldn't you agree Cyril that the amount the children are featured on screen has changed substantially since CAN TV days and that in most episodes they only appear fairly briefly which might well be at his request. That they still appear suggests to me that he believes they enjoy it and he isn't going to be dictated to by people with their own agenda.

I agree it's time to withdraw them now if only for the sake of better relations with Katie but I don't believe that it will signal the end of his TV career. He didn't get his gigs on shows like This Morning, Odd One In, Celebrity Juice or 60MM on the back of being DOTY. The public aren't going to assume he's stopped loving his children because they're not seen on screen, quite the opposite judging by these threads, so time to stop.

I wouldnt say they are only in My Life briefly now, they featured heavily in tonights episode (yes, i watched)

The reality show is what gives him the profile to get the other shows. The reality show relies on content - he has to have people to play off - hence why they NEED the kids and Emily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just hear Andre saying T##T when I turned over to watch celeb juice
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    If it was any of the above, he'd be a shoo-in every year. No competition.
    I'd even join a bingo site, or stay in a Premier Inn to vote for him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    BIB..Are you seriously suggesting that a teacher would LIE to a parent if a child was experiencing problems at school just because the parent is famous??:rolleyes:: If that was even remotely true then that teacher should not be in the job!!

Private schools depend on funds, profile. Be a hard thing to prove he was having problems specifically because of the show. Who knows.

How many doctors sold Michael Jackson large quantities of drugs and enabled him because he was famous? Doubt that was in the medical counsel rulebook.

But just from looking at the kid on the show, pretty obvious he's gone from cute kid to cocky so i believe KP on that one.

comment is up there with the dyeing Princess's hair gem.:D

Didn't she die Juniors? Thought so

As for your argument that he should take them off tv because she asked him to....If it was the other way around and he was asking her the same thing, do you seriously believe she would comply with his wishes? I think not!

She'd have to, he'd be in court before she knew it. But she has taken them off, more or less - quite significant thing for her to do - how can anyone say its not genuine when she could have got thousands of pounds for doing shoots with them since, yet she hasn't.
    IF she was really concerned for their welfare she wouldn't keep bringing strange men into their home to live with them.

Again, she married these men. She's hardly bringing a different bloke home each night.
    In her statement declaring she was going to withdraw them from the public eye she didn't say she was only withdrawing them from any tv appearances, she said she was withdrawing them from the public eye completely because she wanted them to live a normal childhood and not be recognised.

Hate to point out the obvious but if they are being paraded around on his reality show with a million viewers hardly much chance of them not being recognised is there. :confused:
    She herself has not stuck to that so IMO does not have the moral high ground!.

As i've tried to say twenty times, its not about moral high ground or him and her. It's about the kids. If the mother has the slightest thought that the kids are being affected he should take them off TV because its just a TV show - your kids are meant to matter more than your career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    You're saying the teachers daren't tell PA that Junior was having problems at shcool, yet they did tell KP?
    She should take him to court again, if she wants to stop them being on TV, surely she has a case, as she's 50% responsible for them.
    BIB - Are you saying PA doesn't know his own kid?

I'm no expert but from what i always gathered she can't get an injunction stopping the kids being published or featured if both parents havent taken them out of the public eye.

The only thing should could do is take it to a family court type hearing and say that what he's doing is affecting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the 'suffering sells' argument and would have preferred for Pete to take a few months break to grieve in privacy.

You don't understand "suffering sells". Just look at the last 6 months of Jade Goody's life surely.

She even had a commemerative OK magazine cover or something didnt she lol
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt say they are only in My Life briefly now, they featured heavily in tonights episode (yes, i watched)

The reality show is what gives him the profile to get the other shows. The reality show relies on content - he has to have people to play off - hence why they NEED the kids and Emily.

Fair enough Cyril they were in more tonight :) Still think that compared to episodes like the CAN TV Dubai ones the way they are featured is different now. I don't dispute that the show needs content and that various outings/situations are set up to provide it but I don't believe his relationship with Emily is artificially staged or that he's a neglectful Dad who only turns it on when there's a camera pointed at him. Perhaps that's not what you're saying but it seems to be implied in some of your posts.

I agree he needed the reality shows after the jungle and after his split with Katie to boost his profile but surely he's well known now? Other presenters are able to win contracts without having to reveal their personal life in a reality show so I think it's going to be down to how well he performs in 60MM for starters.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Kay, you have no idea at all how many random strangers HE has introduced the kids too. Because you only see what he puts on his own TV show. But in any case with her she's married them, so hardly random strangers are they?

And how much do you see her in public with the kids now compared to him? Aside from one or two occasions where they have happened to be snapped by paps, she has not done a set up photo shoot with those kids since she asked. Whats she meant to do - cover their faces with veils outside?

Even you must surely know just how utterly ridiculous and desperate that is....
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't understand "suffering sells". Just look at the last 6 months of Jade Goody's life surely.

She even had a commemerative OK magazine cover or something didnt she lol

Well perhaps I mean watching someone suffer doesn't appeal to me and I don't think it's the only thing Pete has to offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete just said on his show " I look at myself and say "you Twot" for the first time ever Peter and I agree on something ..cos when I look at him I say the same thing :D:D:D

Discliamer : I caught the last few mins of his show waiting for celeb juice ..I am not a secret Andre show watcher
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well perhaps I mean watching someone suffer doesn't appeal to me and I don't think it's the only thing Pete has to offer.

I'd agree. I think the musics ok for the niche group of fans - its not going to win ivor norvellos, but its sellable.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »
    I've kept fish for nearly 20 years and was gutted by watching how those fish were treated. The tank wasn't set up properly and utterly incompatible fish put together :(

(I know, I'm a sad arse)

Oh and does anyone know what happened to those pug puppies Pete had? One was called Porridge I think? They seem to have vanished?

I asked this question the other day. In the last series Emily & Peter took the pugs for a walk, then in another episode towards the end of the series I saw Porridge in the garden wearing a bark collar. I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but the ones I have watched I haven't seen the Pugs.
This discussion has been closed.