A Goodies revival is needed!

13»

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Goodies Rule OK. That climax with the giant Dougal and Zebedee chasing the Goodies then trashing the stately home is amazing!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be revived with Tim Brooke Taylor assigning a new set of Goodies a task each week. The potential would be huge, especially among children.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just finished watching the Movies episode. That had the single most brilliant sequence of all their stuff, with the long climax of the three-way fight between the casts of Tim's ancient period drama actors, Graham's cowboy movie and Bill's silent slapstick comedy film. The special effects were awesome!
  • VideoNiceyVideoNicey Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I've just finished watching the Movies episode. That had the single most brilliant sequence of all their stuff, with the long climax of the three-way fight between the casts of Tim's ancient period drama actors, Graham's cowboy movie and Bill's silent slapstick comedy film. The special effects were awesome!

That episode won the Silver Rose of Montreux back in 1975, second time the team won that accolade (the first time was with 'Kitten Kong' in '72).

Incidentally, in the 1980s the BBC wanted to remake the Goodies as "the New Goodies" (very imaginative title) with Philip Schofield, Andy Crane and somebody else from the 'broom cupboard' more-or-less rehashing old Goodies adventures. It never got off the ground, thankfully!
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the Goodies....amd would like to see them again but I believe that the BBC aren't keen on showing them again for whatever reason. I wonder if the programmes would have stood the test of time???

Graham Garden writes and is on I am sorry I Haven't a Clue on the Radio regularly.

I used to love The Goodies when I was a lad. Got some episodes on DVD and Virgin Media had series 1 on their On demand service.

It was worse than dreadful to watch these again. Very poor comedy and it was very dated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately NO.

It would never bee the same, and be honest, they are all in the late 60's/early 70's so I doubt they'd be up for all the physical comedy involved.

They want to do the physical stuff its just those annoying overheads who say no the insurance costs too much if you break a leg.