BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The democratic process being subverted by a trade union block buying votes to select a Labour candidate in Falkirk would be an interesting current affairs phone in,

Not here, let's contrive an anti Thatcher hour.

I quite agree with you how could radio 5 ignore the Falkirk fiasco ?
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    curmy wrote: »
    I quite agree with you how could radio 5 ignore the Falkirk fiasco ?

Easy. Did you see Newsnight? It got a second story position with old rat face Wark interviewing one of the Eagle sisters. When the Tories are in a mess, Newsnight make it the front story and usually make sure there are plenty of 'panelists' to give them a good slagging.

Last night there was no opposing view on the power of the unions and Eagle got a soft ride of Labour supporter Wark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I don't bother to watch Newsnight night any more.

Reading this article confirmed my suspicions, the Beeb have never been any different.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10158679/BBC-has-deep-liberal-bias-executive-admits.html
    Forum Member
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I don't bother to watch Newsnight night any more.

Reading this article confirmed my suspicions, the Beeb have never been any different.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10158679/BBC-has-deep-liberal-bias-executive-admits.html

Now we have the Police investigating possibe fraud and still the BBC stay silent. I guess they'd rather it been allegation involving a senior Tory from the Thatcher era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC TV news have at last devoted more than a minute to it !

I see VD quickly included 4 minutes of the debate just before the end of her programme, after we'd listened to 2 hours of trivia .
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I see VD quickly included 4 minutes of the debate just before the end of her programme, after we'd listened to 2 hours of trivia .

Par for the course. See the queen scrapped into the andrew neil prog late last nigbt. Turned over immediately
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Par for the course. See the queen scrapped into the andrew neil prog late last nigbt. Turned over immediately
    Obviously no childcare issues with her doing breakfast telly?

Obviously no childcare issues with her doing late night telly?
    Forum Member

The BBC will simply spin the story as Tories mischief making as Chukkus your money was spouting on Sky News.
  • CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh please lord no, say it wasn't so ?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when Dimbleby gives up the ghost on Question Time, Derbyshire will be in prime position to take over.She has all the credentials the BBC require.Mark my words folks it will happen.

Btw she did such a terrible interview with Nigel Farage this morning and as usual kept raising her voice and being rude when he questioned any figures she kept quoting at him.Oh yeah and a 4 minutes spot relating to the Labour Falkirk issue as others have mentioned and slotted in at the end of her dire programme.I still don't know how they get away with such blantantly biased content ?

Nice to see that we have passed the 100 page mark on this thread.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    These attacks on Victoria are getting really boring. Do we really need a review of every show? Its on I player for 7 days so anyone who hates her can listen back if they miss the show. I find it astonishing that some people devote so much energy to something they hate.
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kermode and mayo on again why another repeat.
  • mmlabbdmmlabbd Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Kermode and mayo on again why another repeat.

What do you mean a repeat? People listening on the radio haven't heard it yet?
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the nolan show cut because of boring film talk, let's talk real issues and no film chat.
  • VictorianVictorian Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I am no big fan of Victoria Derbyshire but the interview with Farage was great. She was well briefed, knowledgable, and made him look inept. Marvellous

On a separate note, the tennis coverage is fantastic but I do wish Inverdale was hosting it all.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Redunited wrote: »
    Why does the nolan show cut because of boring film talk, let's talk real issues and no film chat.

I agree. Just turned the radio on and wondered what on earth Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode were doing talking about films at this time. I thought it may be a short segment but looked on the BBC 5live website, saw it was on for an hour and turned the radio off.

Good to send insomniacs off to sleep, I guess. I take it this is now a regular occurrence? Night night, then! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the paper review at 11.30pm ,or was Nolan taken ill ? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    It was rather sudden! I presume it was because of the big W as I'm sure it was said 'back to normal next week'.
    I enjoyed Kermode & Mayo though.
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the breakfast show this morning. Ellie, Dom and Caroline seemed to gel very well
  • SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Victorian wrote: »
    I am no big fan of Victoria Derbyshire but the interview with Farage was great. She was well briefed, knowledgable, and made him look inept. Marvellous

On a separate note, the tennis coverage is fantastic but I do wish Inverdale was hosting it all.

I agree about the Farage interview, although I do think VD gets a lot of uncalled for flack at times. I dislike the choice of topics on her show, but as for presentation well for me there are worse broadcasters than her on 5Live.

I can't bear to listen to the Wimbledon coverage. It is just way too smug and, well, all so "nice". It's too 'oh isn't it lovely, and we're all having a lovely time here at Wimbledon, which is lovely. Hello I'm John Inverdale, and aren't I lovely? I do a fabulous job don't I? I'm John Inverdale...'

Perhaps we need someone who doesn't really like tennis to host next year's Wimbledon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJM978 wrote: »

Perhaps we need someone who doesn't really like tennis to host next year's Wimbledon.

They've already tried that with Richard Bacon.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy. Did you see Newsnight? It got a second story position with old rat face Wark interviewing one of the Eagle sisters. When the Tories are in a mess, Newsnight make it the front story and usually make sure there are plenty of 'panelists' to give them a good slagging.

Last night there was no opposing view on the power of the unions and Eagle got a soft ride of Labour supporter Wark.

So it got second story on, very prominent then.

Honestly aren't there enough "BBC are Biased" threads around, that people don't have to turn every thread into one. Falkirk has had plenty of coverage. perfectly proportionate.

Blimey they gave hours talking to that crackpot Farage. Personally wish they wouldn't.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    I find it astonishing that some people devote so much energy to something they hate.

Why's that ?

They do after all pay her salary
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Why's that ?

It's just tough to understand why people listen to something every day they profess to hate.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Why's that ?

They also pay for the other national networks aswell as the local ones plus all of the local stations.

When you divide the annual licence fee into a daily rate and then divide that into the two hours that victoria is on you'll realise that the amount you perdonally pay her is so small it can't be counted. I'd say thats great value for money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Katie Hopkins turned up again on the awful Nolan Show last night.... a few weeks after her 'I can't stand people with tattoos' stint. Last night it was' I wont let my kids play with kids who have chavvy names' The only reason this woman is used is because she gets the phone ringing with outraged people who disagree with her...... do they not realise this is why she is on the show?
This discussion has been closed.