Options

Sweet things your pet does

gothergother Posts: 14,705
Forum Member
✭✭
I was watching a tv show tonight and a girl was crying on tv Sparky my cat ran up to the tv and started to paw at tv to try and comfort the girl.
Gotta admit my heart melted at that.
What sweet things have your pets done?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I like my pet Chibby. She always do cute and pranky things like when I'm watching TV she start watching too and react . :)
  • Options
    mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our 7 yr old cross westie/jack tries to say hello and most times gets the sound quite close .. he also tries to join in when were talking and makes an Ohh like sound, until we include him.
    Has his favourite tv ads and if he hears the jingle will come running in from another room to watch it, whenever we laugh at him he runs around throwing his toys in the air, and we have to catch them.
    He also knows the name of his toys, we say where's Monkey, Dog , Moo cow etc he runs and gets it.
    He loves films too we often get a film with animals in from the library he sits most times watching from start to finish :D

Perfect dog, well no He still pulls on his lead first half of walk and wont go to poop in the garden, has to go out on lead.
    Hates the vet or anyone touching his feet and gets quite stroppy when his nails are clipped :eek: The Vet has on his notes 'Foot Shy' ...
    If I raise my voice to my 17 yr old son, (not often now thank heavens lol) he stands and barks telling him off too and if my son is away overnight, he keeps going to his room and runs to us , we think his telling us his not in I have to shut the door as after awhile it drives me nuts. but he still doesn't settle completely . and when I say Bath he hides his head under the long curtains thinks I can't see him, that's the dog not my son :D

Love our dog to bits, and life would be very dull without him :)
    Aren't our pets all sweet in their own ways though ..Bless them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I was watching a tv show tonight and a girl was crying on tv Sparky my cat ran up to the tv and started to paw at tv to try and comfort the girl.
    Gotta admit my heart melted at that.
    What sweet things have your pets done?

Awww Just shows how much they do understand and care :)
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    When we go to sleep our bed is empty but in the morning you can wake up amongst a collection of things our dog has found in the night. Toys, socks, toilet roll tubes, receipts, blankets etc

The cutest is when you wake up and hes asleep cuddled up with one of his teddies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our new kitten Batman literally runs up to face bump me. It actually makes me cry sometimes how sweet and loving she can be considering she was a feral stray less than two months ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I was ill with Norovirus a year or so ago and pretty much flaked out on the bathroom floor for a while in the middle of the night (if you've had it you will know why!). My cat, who usually sleeps on the bed with me came and joined me on the bathroom floor and waited with me very anxiously until I felt well enough to get up again. He actually managed to make me smile despite feeling so rubbish!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog jumps on the poof next to my armchair and puts his paw on my hand. He just leaves it there like he wants to hold hands in front of the telly. It melts my heart every time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    My dog jumps on the poof next to my armchair and puts his paw on my hand. He just leaves it there like he wants to hold hands in front of the telly. It melts my heart every time.

Oh bless his heart, that really is so sweet :)
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My old cat Patty used to hold my hand quite regularly, it was the sweetest thing! She was very unaffectionate the rest of the time, hated being cuddled or picked up and never sat on laps, so the hand holding was lovely.

My current cat Fergus likes to pat my face. When I'm on the loo he follows me in and puts his paws up on my knee, and then waves one paw at me til I bend down, and then he pats my cheek. He does it in the early mornings too, when he thinks it's breakfast time - I often wake up to find him sitting on my pillow and very gently patting my cheek or my mouth.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading these messages, animals really are the cutest, sweetest things ever.
  • Options
    dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my cats is quite aloof and uninterested in me for most of the day, however it comes to bedtime, I get into bed, he jumps up on the bed and headbutts me for cuddles.

I almost look forward to bedtime cos I get my special time with him :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    My cat Amber is a real big softie, nearly 14 and still a daft playful kitten (in her mind!). If she sees me crying she immediately rushes up and headbutts me, then nuzzles me and purrs loudly as if to say "don't worry Mum, it'll be OK", she also darts up if I cough or sneeze repeatedly and looks most concerned! When she's on my lap, she likes me to put an arm around her and then she tucks both front legs into my hand, she's such a big baby - and when I go to bed, she brings a collection of toys (till receipts, sweet wrappers) in readiness to play before I can even think about going to bed! There's often a few on the bed waiting for play in the morning as well, daft haporth that she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    angiebroch wrote: »
    My cat Amber is a real big softie, nearly 14 and still a daft playful kitten (in her mind!). If she sees me crying she immediately rushes up and headbutts me, then nuzzles me and purrs loudly as if to say "don't worry Mum, it'll be OK", she also darts up if I cough or sneeze repeatedly and looks most concerned! When she's on my lap, she likes me to put an arm around her and then she tucks both front legs into my hand, she's such a big baby - and when I go to bed, she brings a collection of toys (till receipts, sweet wrappers) in readiness to play before I can even think about going to bed! There's often a few on the bed waiting for play in the morning as well, daft haporth that she is.

my jr x does similar, he whines at me if I cry (even silent crying at tv!) and nudges me! bless him
  • Options
    HAL_9000HAL_9000 Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    my jr x does similar, he whines at me if I cry (even silent crying at tv!) and nudges me! bless him

Grow up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HAL_9000 wrote: »
    Grow up.

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAL_9000 wrote: »
    Grow up.

That's nice, from the guy on advice who complains of being bullied by his family members. The bullied becomes the bully, eh? Don't be so damn rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    That's nice, from the guy on advice who complains of being bullied by his family members. The bullied becomes the bully, eh? Don't be so damn rude.

Ah that's who it is! I wondered what was going on! Ah well. I will take the suggestion to grow up and then ignore it. :D