Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue Peter was fun, the twins also popped up a bit in between shows and answered some questions on the CBBC site

[url] ]http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/jedward-webchat [/url]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and so I bid a fond adieu to Panto... it was a nice stocking stuffer, but it's time to move on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZphQB5gLls

When I think of those East End lights, muggy nights
    The curtains drawn in the little room downstairs
    Prima Donna lord you really should have been there
    Sitting like a princess perched in her electric chair
    And it's one more beer and I don't hear you anymore
    We've all gone crazy lately
    My friends out there rolling round the basement floor

And someone saved my life tonight sugar bear
    You almost had your hooks in me didn't you dear
    You nearly had me roped and tied
    Altar-bound, hypnotized
    Sweet freedom whispered in my ear
    You're a butterfly
    And butterflies are free to fly
    Fly away, high away, bye bye

I never realized the passing hours of evening showers
    A slip noose hanging in my darkest dreams
    I'm strangled by your haunted social scene
    Just a pawn out-played by a dominating queen
    It's four o'clock in the morning
    Damn it listen to me good
    I'm sleeping with myself tonight
    Saved in time, thank God my music's still alive

And I would have walked head on into the deep end of the river
    Clinging to your stocks and bonds
    Paying your H.P. demands forever
    They're coming in the morning with a truck to take me home
    Someone saved my life tonight, someone saved my life tonight
    Someone saved my life tonight, someone saved my life tonight
    Someone saved my life tonight
    So save your strength and run the field you play alone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that John and Edward will be on BBCBreakfast today, sometime between 6am and 9.15am http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/bbcone/live
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's this mornings BBC breakfast interview on the BBC website

http://bbc.in/JMTMjn
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a thread about Jedward over on the Showbiz forum:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928922
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this today, I hadn't read that they were going to be on so it was a surprise! J&E were in good form :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    There's a thread about Jedward over on the Showbiz forum:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928922

Dare I look?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Dare I look?

I wouldn't if I were you :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I wouldn't if I were you :(

Actually, after a bad start it has got better (and it's not just us making nice comments either!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, after a bad start it has got better (and it's not just us making nice comments either!)

I'll nip across and take a look!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That sounds good! I kind of posted and ran, maybe I'll be brave enough to go take a proper look :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds good! I kind of posted and ran, maybe I'll be brave enough to go take a proper look :)

It's like a mini-appreciation thread now, but with a different set of people :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like a mini-appreciation thread now, but with a different set of people :)

Very nice :)
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know anything about their planns for 2014(something what is sure)? Or can we only hope that there will be anything this year? Last year at this time we did at least know that they will do Panto Beauty and the Beast.

Is it still possible that they finish their school? So that they can study if they want to study or that they can get an education ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    Do we know anything about their planns for 2014(something what is sure)? Or can we only hope that there will be anything this year? Last year at this time we did at least know that they will do Panto Beauty and the Beast.

Is it still possible that they finish their school? So that they can study if they want to study or that they can get an education ?

I'm sure there are ways they could study for academic qualifications if they wanted to, but why would they want or need to?

I mean, it's not as if they're going to go into e.g. accountancy if their careers as entertainers stall is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt they will go back to school now they are in their 20s and I don't know about Ireland but the curriculum changes so often in England that they wouldn't be able to just take up where they left off.

Honestly? I don't believe them to be particularly academic people. They don't need to go to uni or get any more qualifications to do what they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice :)

The problem is that when those of us who are known fans participate in these impromptu threads, the people originally posting tend to go away.

I enjoy hearing what non-fans think, even if it is negative. It's an important perspective & one that might prove to be insightful. For example, when the inevitable post comes up re xfactor... I would prefer someone else other than a fan address the issue.

Telling someone they are living in the past is counterproductive because they aren't living in the past... they are honestly posting their current impression of the twins... which, if you think about it a certain way, is invaluable information for the twins to have... it lets them know that there is still a negative perception in the UK that needs to be addressed.

I'm not having a dig at anyone, but I do believe that we, through our desire to defend the twins no matter what, sometimes chase people away.

I would make the same comment re online articles, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, there is no current information regarding bookings, etc.

Re education... there is no reason for J&E to pursue a traditional education at this point. Many people forego the formal education process. It doesn't mean that J&E have missed the boat or anything, it just means that they chose to book passage on another vessel.
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean, it's not as if they're going to go into e.g. accountancy if their careers as entertainers stall is it?

I did not mean it that way. But they are very young and to stay in showbusiness (especially in music business) for many many years is diffiult(And maybe they want 1 day no showbusiness anymore). So I was only interested if there would be a way that they work something else, e.g. as architect ,fashion designer .... something for what they need to study.

Of course I hope that they will stay in showbusiness forever, but who knows.
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the careers they want to pursue, if they weren't on stage, would be behind the scenes such as production. In which case, they're getting the best work experience without further education. However, if they want to change career direction - if John really wanted to be a vet for example - they can go into further education then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twins are on their way to LA

Was their last tweet a clue as to why they're going I wonder? https://twitter.com/planetjedward/status/422909589387239424

Edward has suggested in a few interviews that they'll be recording new material in January! And Johns been recording demo's

Could this trip be a step closer to the new album

Or do we think they've got another reason to go?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins are on their way to LA

Was their last tweet a clue as to why they're going I wonder? https://twitter.com/planetjedward/status/422909589387239424

Edward has suggested in a few interviews that they'll be recording new material in January! And Johns been recording demo's

Could this trip be a step closer to the new album

Or do we think they've got another reason to go?

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of those demos might be? Would they be to show to prospective record labels, or for something further down the line of record production?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me what the purpose of those demos might be? Would they be to show to prospective record labels, or for something further down the line of record production?

From my limited knowledge via my musical daughter, it could be either.. You can make a demo disk to tout to record labels, or if you're a song writer, you can make a demo to take into the studio to give a rough idea of what you intend the song to sound like .. There are also a viatierty of other reasons.

A lot of these lost tracks that turn up from deceased artists are actually demo's

So I'm non the wiser really.
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John's also been experimenting with sampling apparently.

Doesn't help work out whether their LA trip is fun or work related but I found it an encouraging development in their musical journey.