Options

Montessori schools. Is it just a middle-class thing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FearFactor wrote: »
    You are confusing Hamzah Khan with Mikaeel Kular. Hamzah was the baby that was found mummified in his Mum's bedroom about 2 years ago. Mikaeel was the little boy that "went missing" in Edinburgh recently and his mother has been charged with his murder.

That's unforgivable.

Really sorry for that and, rightly, quite ashamed too.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    That's unforgivable.

You should have no need to be ashamed, there have been so many of late that I have to check the name and history out.

Honey, I missed your posts, my apols and just skimmed through, I will post my replies to you tomorrow, if of course you see them. :)

Edit

I becoming as blind as a bat on here :blush: excuse my edits on typos
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's unforgivable.

Hey Joni don't be so hard on yourself :) there have been a number of cases involving young children and we have all read how social services failed, schools failed etc. the truth is the parents failed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    You should have no need to be ashamed, there have been so many of late that I have to check the name and history out.

Honey, I missed your posts, my apols and just skimmed through, I will post my replies to you tomorrow, if of course you see them. :)

Edit

I becoming as blind as a bat on here :blush: excuse my edits on typos
    benjamini wrote: »
    Hey Joni don't be so hard on yourself :) there have been a number of cases involving young children and we have all read how social services failed, schools failed etc. the truth is the parents failed.

Yeah but still... I missed something so unbelieveably important when trying to make an opinion. If it was either of you (my mates) you would equally admonish yourselves.

Sorry for taking the thread OT but needed to apologise.

Honey, you know I know it's not compulsory :D Some people don't though so hopefully the thread has been informative for that alone.

If I had had kids, I knew for a fact I wouldn't have sent them to school, I'm working class and my family are... that wasn't ever the issue.

*I have just erased loads, as the thread is about Montessori rather than Home schooling*.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooway wrote: »
    My little boy will be attending one; he will be turning 4 in December and won't be starting school until the following September so I would prefer for him to attend a nursery which was education based, and I can't afford to stay at home and home school him.

I'm pretty confident that me and Mr Noooway are working class, but we just want to bring out our sons full potential and wouldn't want him to be bored at nursery.

Ok then.

4? really? get out of that one then.

I had no idea what you were talking about the other day... but this bothers me now as you seriously disturbed me talking about dead babies. I can't describe how much your posts upset me as I didn't realise at the time what you were alluding to.

I felt absolutely awful that I had done something bad. Just looked back at this thread to see it wasn't me who was lying :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then.

4? really? get out of that one then.

I had no idea what you were talking about the other day... but this bothers me now as you seriously disturbed me talking about dead babies. I can't describe how much your posts upset me as I didn't realise at the time what you were alluding to.

I felt absolutely awful that I had done something bad. Just looked back at this thread to see it wasn't me who was lying :(

4 In december 2016, I should say.

I can't believe how utterly rude you are>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm staring to like you now... humour is fabulous :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staring to like you now... humour is fabulous :D:D:D

...lol wut?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah like everyone makes a mistake like that don't they.
    your stories are full of inconsistancies and i don't believe a word you say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of them but after a quick google they sound great for young children. Not sure about how it would work for older kids though.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Oh, it happens to me all the time. Someone will ask me how old my daughter is and I just get it wrong by two years. Y'know, what with the birth of a child being such a minor event in one's life and all that.;-)
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Yeah but still... I missed something so unbelieveably important when trying to make an opinion. If it was either of you (my mates) you would equally admonish yourselves.

Sorry for taking the thread OT but needed to apologise.

Honey, you know I know it's not compulsory :D Some people don't though so hopefully the thread has been informative for that alone.

If I had had kids, I knew for a fact I wouldn't have sent them to school, I'm working class and my family are... that wasn't ever the issue.

*I have just erased loads, as the thread is about Montessori rather than Home schooling*.
    I know you know that I know you know that the checks on home educating families are not compulsary, but I thought it was worth mentioning because some authorities are still giving the "impression" that they have a right to check and test, and people are duped into complying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't make a mistake though, just missed the year off. I'm not sure why you're all so obsessed with me "lying".

I will not post photos to prove myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, it happens to me all the time. Someone will ask me how old my daughter is and I just get it wrong by two years. Y'know, what with the birth of a child being such a minor event in one's life and all that.;-)

exactly more holes in her story than a fishing net
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go on then, what are these holes? List them for me.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you do anything other than stir?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, generally speaking, that if anyone feels a poster is lying then the best thing to do is just ignore them and not respond to their posts. Because if they ARE lying, then presumably they are doing it for attention, so in that case why respond and give them that attention? Again, I am not talking about anyone specific, but saying this in general.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum nearly had a heart attack last Christmas when my mother in law served the gravy in a plastic jug.

She's obviously a woman after my own heart! I was horrified when my SiL, her husband and kids turned up for Christmas Day lunch all wearing onesies. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I think, generally speaking, that if anyone feels a poster is lying then the best thing to do is just ignore them and not respond to their posts. Because if they ARE lying, then presumably they are doing it for attention, so in that case why respond and give them that attention? Again, I am not talking about anyone specific, but saying this in general.

Well said- That way no one gets their feelings hurt :(
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    She's obviously a woman after my own heart! I was horrified when my SiL, her husband and kids turned up for Christmas Day lunch all wearing onesies. :D

Just no!!!!