Options

Looking for wireless headphones advice

Hey all, I am after some advice. I am looking to get some wireless headphones to use at home. I will be using them with my ps3 and ps4 along with my sky hd box. I have a soundbar with an AV receiver which I assume is how they would connect to it.

I was wandering if anyone could suggest me some I should be looking at to suit my needs, which brands should I be looking at? Do open or closed headphones offer better overall sound?

My maximum budget is £200, if anyone has any user experience of any they have that would be really useful

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sennheiser.

Never had a duff pair of headphones from them. Even their cheap and cheerful models sound good.

For up to 200 quid you can get even their high end digital models, eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Open-Digital-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B002TLT10S/

The type of headphones, ie open or closed, has no bearing on sound quality. I have heard crap versions of each and good versions of each.

Open headphones can let in more background sound however. And often let your near neighbours hear more of what you are listening to if that matters.

Ideally though you should give a few types a good listen to find a pair you can live with. Not to mention that if you plan on wearing them for long periods the comfort factor will be important as well.
  • Options
    James_Hocking1James_Hocking1 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Sennheiser.

Never had a duff pair of headphones from them. Even their cheap and cheerful models sound good.

For up to 200 quid you can get even their high end digital models, eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Open-Digital-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B002TLT10S/

The type of headphones, ie open or closed, has no bearing on sound quality. I have heard crap versions of each and good versions of each.

Open headphones can let in more background sound however. And often let your near neighbours hear more of what you are listening to if that matters.

Ideally though you should give a few types a good listen to find a pair you can live with. Not to mention that if you plan on wearing them for long periods the comfort factor will be important as well.

Thanks for your response, funny enough I have been looking at those, I am jus trying to decide whether to get these or continue looking. Decisions decisions
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    the sennheiser rs180 i would recommend
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    I got the Sennheiser RS120s to replace an older pair of Sennheisers that I wore out and like all their current range they do have the oddest headband, seemingly designed for use by a melon-head. I have to use piece of elasticated tape (actually specs-keepers) running from earpiece to earpiece to make them fit my head.
  • Options
    quinnicusquinnicus Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a set of Sony MDR-6500 connected via optical to my PS3 - they are absolutely fantastic. All i then did was to change the audio settings on the PS3 to output audio via optical

www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRDS6500-CEK-Digital-Surround-Headphones/dp/B004X5JBY4/