Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    It was briefly mentioned when Faye spoke to them before the performance and Tim asked her if she'd enjoyed London.

Actually, come to think, they referred to the performance as at the 'theatre' but surely it would have been at the school.

It's also unlikely that a big school trip would be arranged for the same week as a show, when there would be lots of rehearsals etc.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »
    It's also unlikely that a big school trip would be arranged for the same week as a show, when there would be lots of rehearsals etc.

The whole time scale of that school trip was wildly improbable. In real life you'd agree to go, then it would be months before it actually happened if it was a residential where there is loads to be organised.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    The new foreman and his ****.

Sooooo, the new foreman smokes. He drops his **** end on the floor and stubs it out with his foot. Then it's 'Where's me ****?'

I thought it was all a bit heavy handed by Corrie who seemed to want to make a point that the new foreman was a smoker. Where will it all lead................?

That was such a fabulous moment. I thought they were paying homage to Grease where Sandy stubs out her **** with her foot.
    I was expecting the foreman to say "tell me about it, stud" to Owen as they'd erupt into a song and dance:blush:
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole time scale of that school trip was wildly improbable. In real life you'd agree to go, then it would be months before it actually happened if it was a residential where there is loads to be organised.

It does. The teachers need to do a risk assessment; get all the trip slips signed and approved or disapproved back from the parents etc.
  • kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    That was such a fabulous moment. I thought they were paying homage to Grease where Sandy stubs out her **** with her foot.
    I was expecting the foreman to say "tell me about it, stud" to Owen as they'd erupt into a song and dance:blush:

:D:D:D Brilliant - must admit the same thought went through my mind!!!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

LOL!!!

If only.....!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Peter keep going in The Rovers when he's a recovering alcoholic? Perhaps it's just me but I know if I was trying to get past an addiction I couldn't be around whatever I was addicted to. Hell I can't be around chocolate when I'm on a diet without giving in. If he was that desperate to avoid the orange juice in his fridge I would have thought Roys would have been cheaper.

I've always thought this, I have same problem as Peter and its not just the temptation because you can find booze anywhere, but you have to avoid the whole drink culture and also the pub smell make me feel sick. You also to some extent change friendships and not be around other drinkers so much. Its hard to explain but you do need to change your lifestyle and refocus on other things. Obviously Peter cant do that because he would be sitting alone at say, the theatre and everyone else is in the Rovers. Also the partner has to be totally supportive and Carla downs her wine like she's drinking from a bucket.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    I've long given up on trying to work out how they do business at that salon. I'm guessing they must run it like a barbers and people just walk in off the street. Not like every hairdresser I've come across who is self employed so if they let clients down they'd be down on their pay, not to mention damaging their reputation.

I wouldn't set foot in there if it was the last salon in town. Not the way they treat their customers.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Anna go towards Phelan when she knows what he's like? She must know it's not gonna end well just like last time.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume Gary is facing a life sentence with no chance of parole the way everyone's carrying on?
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Why would Anna go towards Phelan when she knows what he's like? She must know it's not gonna end well just like last time.
    I wish they were real and lived near me. I'd ask them what they'd do in any situation, then do precisely the opposite. Seems a recipe for a happy and prosperous future :)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I've always thought this, I have same problem as Peter and its not just the temptation because you can find booze anywhere, but you have to avoid the whole drink culture and also the pub smell make me feel sick. You also to some extent change friendships and not be around other drinkers so much. Its hard to explain but you do need to change your lifestyle and refocus on other things. Obviously Peter cant do that because he would be sitting alone at say, the theatre and everyone else is in the Rovers. Also the partner has to be totally supportive and Carla downs her wine like she's drinking from a bucket.

What happened to Carla's drink problem anyway? All the trips to AA and supportive talks from Peter before they got together ... Did she miraculously recover? I thought alcoholism was something you didn't get over, so you could never go back to it without serious consequences? What's your take on it as someone who has experienced this?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Michelle not take her husbands name? I know it's optional, but she seems quite traditional
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOR: That Phelan would go for Anna :confused: If you're going to blackmail the Armstrong-Windass clan, surely you'd go for Katy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Why did Michelle not take her husbands name? I know it's optional, but she seems quite traditional
    Michelle isn't married.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    SOR: That Phelan would go for Anna :confused: If you're going to blackmail the Armstrong-Windass clan, surely you'd go for Katy :D
    Definitely haha, although I don't think Anna is too bad myself. :)
  • Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    What happened to Carla's drink problem anyway? All the trips to AA and supportive talks from Peter before they got together ... Did she miraculously recover? I thought alcoholism was something you didn't get over, so you could never go back to it without serious consequences? What's your take on it as someone who has experienced this?
    It's safe to say that Carla was never a full-blown alcoholic like Peter, but she definitely has a drink problem. Even back in 2007 she always had a big glass of red in her hand ;-)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    It's safe to say that Carla was never a full-blown alcoholic like Peter, but she definitely has a drink problem. Even back in 2007 she always had a glass of red in her hand ;-)

I suppose that's true - not sure where one crosses the line into alcoholism but she was going to AA, as I say, and it was affecting all aspects of her life, getting her in trouble with the police, etc, and causing her to mow Stella down.

Excuse my asking but is there a reason for the name Carla-esque? Do you sound like a Dalek when you talk too?
  • Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Excuse my asking but is there a reason for the name Carla-esque? Do you sound like a Dalek when you talk too?
    "-esque
    an adjective suffix indicating style, manner, resemblance, or distinctive character: arabesque; Romanesque; picturesque."
    - Make of that what you will. :D
    Carla's voice only became ridiculously nasal in maybe 2011/12 - the actress (Alison King) actually comes from Leicester.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's back to where she started, round at Phelan's and him getting all lechy. Corrie Groundhog day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little Princess Sophie Webster in the hostel! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    She's back to where she started, round at Phelan's and him getting all lechy. Corrie Groundhog day.
    Yep, got a sense of déjà vu about this...maybe Gary completes the job this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, I'm new to DS and a huge Corrie fan!

I'm sorry if this is totally off topic, or has already been discussed, but does anybody have an idea of who murders Tina in May? I wonder if it's Peter...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leah_Marie wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm new to DS and a huge Corrie fan!

I'm sorry if this is totally off topic, or has already been discussed, but does anybody have an idea of who murders Tina in May? I wonder if it's Peter...
    Welcome to the forums and this thread!

Regarding your query, this is probably the wrong thread to discuss that, but here's a link to a thread where it is being discussed in detail:-

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1953709
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the forums and this thread!

Regarding your query, this is probably the wrong thread to discuss that, but here's a link to a thread where it is being discussed in detail:-

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1953709

Ooo yes, thank you :). Carry on as you were haha!
This discussion has been closed.