Condenders to take over from Bruce forsyth

occyoccy Posts: 65,039
Forum Member
✭✭
Condenders to take over from Bruce Forsyth.

Condenders to take over from Bruce forsyth 28 votes

Julian Clary
3% 1 vote
Dale Winton
0% 0 votes
Paul O'Grady
17% 5 votes
Someone Else
78% 22 votes

Comments

• Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Condenders to take over from Bruce Forsyth.
    There's already a poll on this:

"Poll: Who would you like to replace Bruce"
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wassa "condender?"

I think the role should certainly be, "condensed."
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wassa "condender?"

I think occy possibly has a code in de dose.;-):D
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Sly Stallone
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    There's already a poll on this:

"Poll: Who would you like to replace Bruce"

Especially as none of three mentioned in the poll are front runners/likely even in contention...
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Marlon Brando He could have been a contender :):cool:;-):p
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Day Lewis. :kitty:
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Vernin Kay is tonight's co-presenter on The One Show. I have never seen him on BBC before. Only ITV/Five. Could that be a sign he will be the new host of SCD?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Vernin Kay is tonight's co-presenter on The One Show. I have never seen him on BBC before. Only ITV/Five. Could that be a sign he will be the new host of SCD?

According to Wikipedia, he's been on Room 101, Would I Lie to You, The Puppet Game Show on the BBC, hosted Just the Two of Us, HeadJam and Fully Booked (where he made his TV debut) on the BBC and even had his own Radio 1 show for eight years. He's never off the channel.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of those Paul O'Grady. He's ok when he winds his neck in.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia, he's been on Room 101, Would I Lie to You, The Puppet Game Show on the BBC, hosted Just the Two of Us, HeadJam and Fully Booked (where he made his TV debut) on the BBC and even had his own Radio 1 show for eight years. He's never off the channel.

Blimey, that's me told.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just wondering - now that Dancing On Ice has come to an end, does anyone think the BBC may poach Jason Gardiner from ITV to front Strictly? I hope not as he annoys the hell out of me.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    I was just wondering - now that Dancing On Ice has come to an end, does anyone think the BBC may poach Jason Gardiner from ITV to front Strictly? I hope not as he annoys the hell out of me.
    I'd definitely switch off. He has absolutely no charisma. Craig might criticise, but he does it with a certain amount of charm.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig may be harsh but, unlike Jason, he doesn't make it personal. Craig also always tries to end his comments with something positive - depending, of course, on whether or not Len, Bruce and the booing audience actually let him get that far.
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey - some wide ranging choices for such a conservative show. The beeb can't afford to get this one wrong; the show is far too popular to mess up the choice of presenters. Personally I think there is too much emphasis on the time taken up by the links; I'd love to see more of the actual dancers and contestants and NONE of the awful jokes and filler stuff.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    This is why it HAD to be Tess and Claudia. Simon Cowell makes the grave error in believing these sort of shows are all about the judges and presenters, and it should never be so. The majority of the men mentioned were more likely than not to turn the show into "Strictly featuring ME" and who one earth would want that?