Have you "suffered" following your side...

Mark FMark F Posts: 53,862
Forum Member
Do you agree with your team's place in this list of suffering fans?

http://www.warrenunited.net/think-youve-got-it-bad-find-out-how-your-team-ranks-in-the-fan-suffering-league/

I'd actually tend to agree we haven't had it too badly on the pitch (Watford) - being promoted 3 times and getting to 3 cup semi finals whilst only being out of the top 2 divisions for two seasons since the 70s.

However we'd had the usual off the field issues with near administration and boardroom battles...but then which team hasn't?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny really. All the posts in the footy section of the forum are made up of moaners worried about not making the champions league when us little clubs face the worry of relegation and administration every season!

P.S can we have the 3 points on the 29th. We're desperate :(
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,862
    Forum Member
    Well our season will be over by then so probably yes!

I'm going too which usually leads to a defeat.

Losing Tuesday was a blow - have to hope Bolton aren't too fussed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's over now isn't it? I suppose you could push for that final PO spot though I reckon Bournemouth will knick it.

Tuesday was a real blow. Probably one of our best performances of the season and we lost :(
    Forum Member
    It's over now isn't it? I suppose you could push for that final PO spot though I reckon Bournemouth will knick it.

:(

Pretty much - we'd have to win all 5 games which includes QPR and Derby away.

I think Brighton will nick 6th - they have Blackpool/Yeovil at home plus a poor Forest side.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Pretty much - we'd have to win all 5 games which includes QPR and Derby away.

I think Brighton will nick 6th - they have Blackpool/Yeovil at home plus a poor Forest side.

Don't discount Middlesborough, who are on a winning run and have an easy run in

And to answer your question I have been through a lot of suffering supporting Notts County
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on that list from 1992 to 2013 we're (Newcastle) 88th :o but I guess that's due to the seasons when Kevin Keegan (first time) and Sir Bobby Robson were in charge

I definitely don't agree with us being 88th in that list at all because as good as those seasons were with those two managers, I've suffered through the horrible seasons of 1997/98, 1998/99, 2004/05, 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09 (Relegated), 2012/13, and this season currently since the new year.

My second team Swindon Town is 3rd I agree with that though.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My team Portsmouth are surprisingly low considering the past few seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minus Brighton's last two comprehensive victories, they are flattering to deceive. I also think playing Yeovil/Blackpool is probably quite difficult. We played Yeovil last Tuesday and, whilst they weren't technically brilliant, worked their socks off for the full 90 mins.

Bournemouth signed Yann Kermorgant from us in January and have thrived from his presence. He's brilliant.

As for the Swindon comment. No sympathy after knocking us out the POs 09/10! You can suffer! :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth are we 92nd??

We could see all of our rivals win a trophy this season,whilst we poodle about below a Spurs team managed by Tim Sherwood!

I would consider that suffering!
    Forum Member

We could see all of our rivals win a trophy this season,whilst we poodle about below a Spurs team managed by Tim Sherwood!

Well it isn't based over one season TBF..

;-)
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

Yes, because out of the three areas that they've provided, you've really suffered more than others.

I'm surprised you took this route instead of nitpicking this bit:
    Since 1888 – birth of The Football League – to now
    Since 1946 – start of the post-war era – to now
    Since 1882 – the start of the Premiership – to now

Since the Premiership started in 1882 (before the Football League), how can you rank United any higher than last place?
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Well it isn't based over one season TBF..

;-)
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Yes, because out of the three areas that they've provided, you've really suffered more than others.

I'm surprised you took this route instead of nitpicking this bit:

Since the Premiership started in 1882 (before the Football League), how can you rank United any higher than last place?

I was being a tiny bit sarcastic, but even still this season has been a nightmare by our own standards!

I understand that a lot more clubs have suffered far more than we have over the years/decades.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking that list as a given, and looking at complaints from supporters in the bottom few places, it leads me to suspect that if we had a Rochdale, Exeter or Hartlepool fans thread on here it might be full of candidates for suicide watch.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two relegations, no promotions and 17 years in the 3rd tier, yep us Oldham fans are well and truly fed up.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've suffered more on this forum following them than in real life. :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm a ST MIRREN supporter .....

that's all you need to know
    :D
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester have had a very interesting period between 1992 and 2013, four promotions, four relegations, four other play-off defeats, eight years in the top flight, three League Cup finals of which two were wins, administration, the third tier for the first time ever, seven trips to Wembley.

Hardly a dull moment really :D
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine how bad it must be to support a team like Rochdale.:D
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    My team Portsmouth are surprisingly low considering the past few seasons.

I don't understand why Tottenham are above the likes of Pompey in the third column.:confused:

I think the table is rubbish myself, it is made using stats and data which I don't think you can use to calculate how much the fans have suffered.

EG - what about the suffering Coventry fans have had recently with their stadium issues, or various club such as Cardiff/Leeds have had with their owners.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    Leicester have had a very interesting period between 1992 and 2013, four promotions, four relegations, four other play-off defeats, eight years in the top flight, three League Cup finals of which two were wins, administration, the third tier for the first time ever, seven trips to Wembley.

Hardly a dull moment really :D

Similar to Notts County, who have been promoted twice, relegated three times and lost one play off final to Bradford in 1996. All in all, we are quite an interesting team to support
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Leeds 86 ? They having a laugh right
    Since 2001 we had our entire team sold, we had administration, 2 relegations, being dumped out of F A CUP by bin league team, had to suffer Ken Bates, and every decent player sold, we employed somebody the worst managers in our history, wise hoowell, humpty Dumpty etc
    Surely nobody has suffered the above like we have
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You don't even know you're born.
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Leeds 86 ? They having a laugh right
    Since 2001 we had our entire team sold, we had administration, 2 relegations, being dumped out of F A CUP by bin league team, had to suffer Ken Bates, and every decent player sold, we employed somebody the worst managers in our history, wise hoowell, humpty Dumpty etc
    Surely nobody has suffered the above like we have

Well, since 2001 we've had entire teams sold, we've had administation and liquidation (resulting in the exact same owners buying us back under a new name), 2 relegations (without the promotion you've also enjoyed), being dumped out of every cup as early as possible, had to suffer an owner who nobody's seen and who has us playing 35 miles away in Northampton in front of a handful of people. You're mid-table in the Championship right now, I can't remember what that's like.

I should also stress that our malaise is only in the last 13 years so we don't deserve a spot anywhere near the top of a list of long-suffering fans, as I know most of the league would have killed for 40 years in the top division and an FA Cup.