Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Or that it wasn't his father's?

I'd agree, why would his Father - who he hasn't spoken to or had a relationship with for years - ask to store illegal ammo in OP's safe? It's just another element OP thought wouldn't get seriously questioned by anyone. Like the I was shot at on the highway story.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    More than likely ...
    His father was at the bail hearing but hasn't been seen at this trial.
    I bet the family leant on him. He's refused to sign a statement but he didn't deny it either .. but that to me says that it's not his ammo .. he's doing the bare minimum to keep the peace I expect. I don't think his father would have got into trouble for it as he probably has the relevant licence (and that's why they've said him and not someone else) ... it's just he would have to lie most probably .. on oath.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did reeva really kiss another guy or is it rumours?
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that if he is found guilty then he will serve the appropriate sentence . Be it for murder or CH. this should not be treated with more leniency because of who he is.
    I do not see M'Lady , Judge Masipa, for who I have a huge amout of admiration and respect making any concessions regarding who he is.
    My only criticism of her is that she should have cracked the whip a bit more regarding court time , and better use of it. No wonder innocent people are languishing in prison for years. Too many tea breaks, and knocking off early.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    They can do all the 'coaching' they want, but if the rest of the witnesses and their evidence are as weak as we've seen over the last few days, it's not going to do much good. Nel is too good for that.

I have this image of the remainder of the witnesses running crying to their elderly mums scared shitless and getting them to write sick notes !!! Please excuse Tommy from giving evidence on behalf of the defence, he has a tummy bug !!! Signed: Mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    I am becoming more and more confident that he'll get life

Wish I could believe that but still don't think he'll serve one day in a real SA prison. If he's convicted will prob be something along the lines of a "secure facility" somewhere, or even worse more "house arrest" time.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/367812/Oscar-Pistorius-girlfriend-Reeva-was-in-terror-over-TV-snog-before-being-shot-dead

Make your own mind up, no sources quoted.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey up, was there any disagreement over when the door was battered in - before or after the shots being fired?
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »

No idea, does it matter?it was an ad supposedly for a programme. She had only been seeing OP for 5 days. From what I have read it was Oscar who was more likeley to be playing away.
  • Options
    konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine what the Easter Break would be like for you if you knew that afterwards you would be going in to that box only to be torn apart by Nel?!
    I can tell you one thing, poo would be coming out!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »
    I'd agree, why would his Father - who he hasn't spoken to or had a relationship with for years - ask to store illegal ammo in OP's safe? It's just another element OP thought wouldn't get seriously questioned by anyone. Like the I was shot at on the highway story.
    I think all of his friends must have deserted him .. he couldn't find anyone willing to say they'd picked him up. It's a wonder he didn't say his sister because she would probably have backed him ... possibly he was winging it and didn't think he'd be asked for details. I like the bit where he said that if he could remember the person then they'd 'collaborate' his story :blush: another telling slip of the tongue.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    for anyone that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7H9rQ72yE

at time 1:04:00

I still cannot believe he said that.

The smirks on everyone's faces is priceless !!! God love him…. he is just the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Can you imagine what the Easter Break would be like for you if you knew that afterwards you would be going in to that box only to be torn apart by Nel?!
    :D Yes :D Fear + chocolate .. lethal combination :D
  • Options
    konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    :D Yes :D Fear + chocolate .. lethal combination :D

Ah chocolate, I have a Lindt bunny here so I am off for a while.

Have a good evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah chocolate, I have a Lindt bunny here so I am off for a while.
    Have a good evening.
    I have a Lindt bunny too (will be biting his ears off shortly :D) .. a new hazelnut one :)
    Yes .. have a good evening konya .. Happy Easter!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »
    hey up, was there any disagreement over when the door was battered in - before or after the shots being fired?

I think that may become apparent if the defence call expert witnesses on the matter, but more likely to be stated as the prosecution or defence statements at the end of the trial.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I hope that if he is found guilty then he will serve the appropriate sentence . Be it for murder or CH. this should not be treated with more leniency because of who he is.
    I do not see M'Lady , Judge Masipa, for who I have a huge amout of admiration and respect making any concessions regarding who he is.
    My only criticism of her is that she should have cracked the whip a bit more regarding court time , and better use of it. No wonder innocent people are languishing in prison for years. Too many tea breaks, and knocking off early.

agreed, it's hardly a complex case, why it's taking this length of time I don't know, milady has surely got enough info to make her judgement now.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    agreed, it's hardly a complex case, why it's taking this length of time I don't know, milady has surely got enough info to make her judgement now.

Oscar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    I think all of his friends must have deserted him .. he couldn't find anyone willing to say they'd picked him up. It's a wonder he didn't say his sister because she would probably have backed him ... possibly he was winging it and didn't think he'd be asked for details. I like the bit where he said that if he could remember the person then they'd 'collaborate' his story :blush: another telling slip of the tongue.

Ha yes, collaborate indeed! I'm surprised he didn't just invent a fictional friend to match up with the fictional villain. Anything is possible in The Land Of Oz! ;-)

Nel: Who was it that came to pick you up you after the shooting incident?

OP: Errrrr Bob.

Nel: Bob who?

OP: I can't remember! It was too traumatic! I was in a state of sheer terror. :cry::cry::cry: anyway I've just remembered Bob has gone to live in Bolivia but I have experts who will draw a picture of him.

Nel: No further questions.
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish I could believe that but still don't think he'll serve one day in a real SA prison. If he's convicted will prob be something along the lines of a "secure facility" somewhere, or even worse more "house arrest" time.

House arrest is a non-starter. His house is too run-down to be used to hold a prisoner. They do have some standards over there.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I simply would refuse to testify for love or money except I was sure about my testimony.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha yes, collaborate indeed! I'm surprised he didn't just invent a fictional friend to match up with the fictional villain. Anything is possible in The Land Of Oz! ;-)

OP: I can't remember! It was too traumatic! I was in a state of sheer terror. :cry::cry::cry: anyway I've just remembered Bob has gone to live in Bolivia but I have experts who will draw a picture of him.

No need to make it up - the reality was more ridiculous.

Op said he wished he could remember the name so that they could "collaborate" the evidence.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to miss Nel for the next few days. I'm planning on pitching a show to the BBC 'Barry and Gerrie Sort it Out'. Whenever there is a high-profile criminal case anywhere in the world Barry and Gerrie are flown in as counsel. Thunderbird Lawyer could be the presenter, M'lady could preside with her calming influence, Oldwage could be the obligatory reality show baddy, Captain van Aardt could pull his wonderful faces in the background, and Captain Mangena could sit next to him, looking impeccably moisturised (have you ever seen a man who looks so well-moisturised?). I definitely would watch it.

It would certainly attract the viewers! :D:D:D
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    House arrest is a non-starter. His house is too run-down to be used to hold a prisoner. They do have some standards over there.

I hate to be judgemental (that's a lie actually, I love it ), but that house ! :(
    Everything bashed and battered and this not working and THAT not operational. Scarred doors .....disfunctional windows ....not enough power points in rooms....no wash basin in the loo (coulda squeezed in a tiny corner one fgs ), etc etc . Needs a good DIY going over .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha :D Oh dear! .. OP's experts .. I'm imagining he had something better in mind than Mr Dixon.
This discussion has been closed.