The Ratings Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    That's another week when Graham Norton has looked rather low. Wonder what's going on there. HIGNFY did OK but is looking a bit off colour this series too. That looks pretty good for MasterChef against Corrie though.

Not going to comment on EE as I'm finding this whole soap debate unbelievably tedious.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    It was a rather uninspiring couch though, and Ricky Gervais makes me want to eject my TV out of the window and I known a lot of others feel the same :p

Two weeks in a row where I thought the Norton guests were underwhelming. Have they hired Jonathan Ross's Booker? :D
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why they show AQOS at 7.30 on BBC One it would be better to extend The One Show I think.
    And have that on later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect he's being dented by Alan Carr Chatty Man. so far this series he has been very funny.

Norton faces Carr most series.

I think Norton's guests haven't been star-studded for two weeks. Carr is also getting a slight boost following Gogglebox as well. But Carr's ratings aren't that high either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why they show AQOS at 7.30 on BBC One it would be better to extend The One Show I think.
    And have that on later.

No good can come of extending The One Show! :D
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Two weeks in a row where I thought the Norton guests were underwhelming. Have they hired Jonathan Ross's Booker? :D

Well last week I could understand why it was a low rating, with them all being from the same film, but this week's guests were completely different. I'm never sure who brings in the top ratings, Hollywood a listers or British stars.
    And have that on later.
    Why The One Show was on on Good Friday in the first place is more the question, not why it wasn't on an hour.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No good can come of extending The One Show! :D

Thirty minutes of Chris Evans gurning at the camera and trying to direct from the studio floor is already 30 minutes' too much - an hour would kill the show completely (or perhaps that's what you have in mind ?)
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    That's another week when Graham Norton has looked rather low. Wonder what's going on there. HIGNFY did OK but is looking a bit off colour this series too. That looks pretty good for MasterChef against Corrie though.

Masterchef increasing as it goes on and even against CS is suprising its a real banker for BBC.
    HIGNFY about the same as normal isnt it?
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Thirty minutes of Chris Evans gurning at the camera and trying to direct from the studio floor is already 30 minutes' too much - an hour would kill the show completely (or perhaps that's what you have in mind ?)
    Vernon Kay presented it last night. Looking at that rating, I guess he wasn't a hit.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Just 5.17m (29.5%) for Emmerdale last night. What's going on :confused:

6.95m (35.4%) and 6.77m (30.2%) for Corrie.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    EastEnders was at the 6.4m mark with Lucy Beale's death episode on Good Friday (April 18), but Coronation Street remained in the top spot as the most-watched soap, overnight figures show.

EastEnders pulled in 6.41m (30.8%) at 8pm on BBC One as Lucy was killed after heading off alone. Later, BBC Three's repeat screening continued to rise with 524k (3.7%) watching at 10.30pm.

Coronation Street claimed 6.95m (35.4%) at 7.30pm on ITV and 172k (0.8%) on +1 as Maria made a move on Tyrone, while 6.77m (30.2%) returned at 8.30pm and 254k (1.2%) on +1 as Maria found a way to exploit Tyrone's fears over Kirsty.

Emmerdale dipped to its lowest rating of the year so far as Charity and Declan's storyline attracted 5.17m (29.5%) at 7pm on ITV and 182k (0.9%) on +1.

Hollyoaks was also down with 639k (3.9%) tuning in for the race to save Sandy at 6.30pm on Channel 4, but E4's first look topped the day's multichannel ratings with 646k (3.7%) at 7pm.

Over on Channel 5, Neighbours continued with 520k (7.0%) at 1.45pm and 712k (5.7%) at 5.30pm, while Home and Away managed 262k (3.6%) at 1.15pm, 383k (2.6%) at 6pm and 242k (1.5%) for 5*'s first look at 6.30pm.

Awful for Emmerdale. That H&A ratings at 6pm and 6.30pm are the lowest I've ever seen, I'm sure.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Just 5.17m (29.5%) for Emmerdale last night. What's going on :confused:

See that's better to compare EEs rating against. Still a 5% better share for Corrie though and at 7.30pm.

Mondays soap ratings should be interesting. Wonder if EE will be closer to Corrie than usual. I just read EE has football to contend with on Tuesday. Everytime they try to have a big week something gets in their way.
  • EastendwhovianEastendwhovian Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I don't think EastEnders will be discouraged by those ratings, the BBC 3 repeat did well with 524k, I'm sure as well there will be lots on IPlayer, DTC (EE exec,) said that IPlayer was very important, adding lots of viewers.Also they were not too far away from Corrie, both of those eps below 7 mil, although I'm not sure if that's more pleasing for EE or worrying for Corrie, of course the big test for EE is next week, although building momentum could be very difficult especially with the Champions League Semi-final. Overall, nothing too surprising...
    Forum Member
    Nevermind EE rating look at ED. Its had a nightmare this week - and 5.35m inc +1 :o
    I wonder if EE ever gets a boost if it could boost the other soaps as well?
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Factor in, the fact that it was Friday, the fact it was a bank holiday, easter is later and warmer this year, it was nice weather and the fact that the soaps are all not firing on all cylinders at the moment, and those are the ratings you get.

Remember people do generally go over the top the minute we get nice weather after the winter, rushing to put shorts on and get barbecues out even when it isn't 'that' warm.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale is low because its on at 7pm. EE and Corrie actually benefit in the summer from having two episodes each week airing after 8pm. That's why the 7.30pm share for Corrie surprised me but I suppose not many had TV on at that time hence the highness of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Kill the show? Go on then make it an hour! :D
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing out the death episode on Good Friday was always going to lead to non-spectacular ratings, though as has been mentioned the storyline was initially meant as a shock so Easter Monday was always going to be the focal point. I may be wrong but doesn't easter monday tend to see more people watching TV than other Mondays, with the back to work effect meaning its more like a Sunday night? I'm sure Corrie traditionally sees a boost and this is why big dramas tend to air there ie. Jamaica Inn and Tommy Cooper. Wrapped around Corrie on a night where more viewers are likely available this is one of EE big chances to see a boost. Its a shame it already hasn't reversed the declines of last year, as the show has transformed itself IMO from being the worst of the big 3 just 6 months ago, to now being the best
    Forum Member
    Kill the show? Go on then make it an hour! :D

I am getting the impression that you dont like TOS - are you GeorgeS in disguise? :D
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    "Jonathon Creek" and "Broadchurch" enjoyed good Easter Monday overnights. Around 7 million for BBC one. So Easter Monday can draw people in. Im hoping that "EastEnders" get a little bounce from it being Easter Monday.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Looking at the shares for the soaps, the total audience was actually up slightly on last week in most of the slots, all except 8.30pm when it was slightly down. So it was more of the case of people not wanting to watch the soaps, not tv in general, with only EE being up on last week.

7.00pm - 17.53m (last week: 17.22m)
    7.30pm - 19.63m (19.38m)
    8.00pm - 20.81m (20.66m)
    8.30pm - 22.42m (22.69m)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Basically poor for EE and nothing at all to suggest it's going to sprout wings on Monday. But then Emmerdale posted a shocker as well so it's in good company.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    All the soaps will be low tonight- not only are they usually low on Friday but factor in the bank holiday, the good weather, people away for easter, people out for the night etc

ED will get 5.3m
    EE will get 5.9m
    CS wil get 7.1 and 6.7

I wasnt far out with Emmers & Corrie !

EastEnders: 6.41m (30.8%)
    5.17m (29.5%) for Emmerdale last night.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    Regarding the "EastEnders"'murder a shame in a sense that the press infiltrated the story and it wasn't kept a secret shock ending, perhaps adding more shock and ratings value to it. However im glad to hear that a believable conclusion is promised and all of the details will make sense to the murderer and victim.

Im sure that it will see some momenteum next week and the figures rise. The quality of the show is the main focus though and it will produce top drawer scenes by the sound of the press releases so regardless who watches it promises to be well produced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Why is Samuel so bleedin' obsessed with Gogglebox at the moment? Did someone on it say something bad about a BBC show? Or worse still, something positive about an itv show? You'd almost think it was the only show on TV that wasn't 100% authentic and real.

Someone said The Voice was a poor mans X Factor a few weeks back. May have been that, it's a double blow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Basically poor for EE and nothing at all to suggest it's going to sprout wings on Monday. But then Emmerdale posted a shocker as well so it's in good company.

People expecting EastEnders to jump suddenly should just wait and see what happens. It hasn't jumped with other big storylines and promotional pushes apart from Kat/Alfie/Roxy.If you keep saying it'll rise for an episode then it doesn't you will just be disappointed.

Emmerdale is getting some truly appalling ratings. Wow they are stinking out the place with those numbers!
This discussion has been closed.