Guys - do you use a coin purse?

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm tempted to use a coin purse to prevent holes in my pockets or are they not manly? :blush:

I do try to spend them ASAP but sometimes it's annoying if you need coins for a machine and don't have any.

How do you carry your coins?

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they are more manly than using a woman's combined wallet + purse
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    How often do you get holes in your pockets from coins. Is it a real problem?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I just avoid places that won't take cards.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever seen men with beige zip-up jackets, Farrah trousers and comfortable slip-on shoes using them.
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called a wallet. Women's are called purses. And yes I do have a few for when I go clubbing. The poster who claims not to use places who don't take cards, guessing you aren't a regular on nights out. Unsafe and difficult to use cards for this purpose and plus you don't know what you're spending. And you can't use taxis either. Don't use cash brigade are annoying.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
    Forum Member
    How often do you get holes in your pockets from coins. Is it a real problem?

I do find it a problem myself. I've had several trousers that have worn out pockets due to carrying coins there.

These days I tend not to carry coins as a matter of course. When I get home I throw them into a coin sorter and my wife usually uses them for things such as bus fares etc.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I've never had holes in my pockets from carrying coins. :confused: Maybe if you wore the same pair for 10 years or something.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a wallet with a zipper for coins in it.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,546
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I'm tempted to use a coin purse to prevent holes in my pockets or are they not manly? :blush:

I do try to spend them ASAP but sometimes it's annoying if you need coins for a machine and don't have any.

Coin purses are great - nothing "unmanly" about them. It's far too easy to lose coins from your pocket, especially if you pull out a hanky from the same pocket without thinking!
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Coin purses are great - nothing "unmanly" about them. It's far too easy to lose coins from your pocket, especially if you pull out a hanky from the same pocket without thinking!

You carry hankies and a coin purse? Very manly of you
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    I keep change loose in my pocket, those coin pouches make you look like a skin flint when go to pay, taking it out opening the flap searching around like an old washer woman,
    Saying that, I do have a pouch for my keys...now they put holes in your pocket if left loose!
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like those coin dispensers that bus clippies wore around their waists or slung across their shoulder, almost like a leather covered coin dispensing weapon in its holster.
    The smoothness in their dispensation of small change to the bus passenger was honed over many years.
    Now all we have are train ticket collectors wearing bumbags full of mixed coinage.
    :-(
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    I like those coin dispensers that bus clippies wore around their waists or slung across their shoulder, almost like a leather covered coin dispensing weapon in its holster.
    The smoothness in their dispensation of small change to the bus passenger was honed over many years.
    Now all we have are train ticket collectors wearing bumbags full of mixed coinage.
    :-(

Yeah, it really doesn't look good. The only people who look good wearing a bumbag are fit women in lycra, but that's only because you're looking below where the bumbag is and they'd probably look good in most things.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, the only person I know who uses one is my 72 year old father in law.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you put enough coins in a leather drawstring bag you can whirl them around your head and knock someone out. I hope that's macho enough for you.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I have a compartment in my manbag (in truth it's a handbag but a suitably ungirly plain black affair) for keys and change and anything else metallic and rattly.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I've got a coin pouch made out of a kangaroo's scrotum:

http://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/

Quite useful and apparently lucky* as well.

* not for the kangaroo, obv.
    Forum Member
    I use my coin purse to keep my hankies in so they don't get lost in the holes in my pockets from carrying coins in them
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it suited me to use one, then I would do so, and certainly would pay zero heed to what other people thought.

It's only what you think that counts. The opinion of people who might see you remove it from your pocket, most of whom you will never see again, is utterly meaningless.

Go for it.
    Forum Member
    You carry hankies and a coin purse? Very manly of you

Not that I care whether I look "manly" or not, but what is "unmanly" about either of these items? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Not that I care whether I look "manly" or not, but what is "unmanly" about either of these items? :confused:

You are right sorry, coin purses & hankies are manly. Please continue to use them
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A piece of leather or cloth has no gender.
    Forum Member
    You are right sorry, coin purses & hankies are manly. Please continue to use them

Still puzzled as to why anyone would think that having a hanky in your pocket is unmanly? Surely even the butchest of men need to blow their noses occasionally!
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still puzzled as to why anyone would think that having a hanky in your pocket is unmanly? Surely even the butchest of men need to blow their noses occasionally!

Haha,I wouldnt pay much attention to it. Some people think unless you are using your penis to spear an enemy in the face, then you are not man enough.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member

nope. we don't.