• Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Still no Hazard tomorrow :(
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    "Worst excuse ive seen" ? you seriously think LP would have as many points if they were in the CL (& reached the SF)?

I don't know if they would, but a lack of CL football is an excuse that's only started appearing this season. If that is why we're where we're at, why weren't we up there the previous seasons since we've been out of that competition? And why aren't Everton or Spurs fighting for the title? They have no Champions League either.

When was the last time a team won the league while not playing in the Champions League that entire season?

Man United have won plenty of titles while playing in the Champions League, and even won the league and the CL in the same season. Why did that not stop them?

If we were in the CL, with our current squad we would struggle, but if we were in the CL we'd have a much stronger squad than we currently have (don't know about first XI, but the squad will be stronger).

In previous years I've seen people say a lack of Europa League will be beneficial, and it can be. But the Champions League? No, that doesn't do it for me. The ONLY way you being in the CL and us not being in there can be any excuse is if a league fixture against a rival for the title is placed around CL games, as is the case with you this season with the Liverpool fixture in between the semi-finals.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I don't know if they would, but a lack of CL football is an excuse that's only started appearing this season. If that is why we're where we're at, why weren't we up there the previous seasons since we've been out of that competition? And why aren't Everton or Spurs fighting for the title? They have no Champions League either.

When was the last time a team won the league while not playing in the Champions League that entire season?

Man United have won plenty of titles while playing in the Champions League, and even won the league and the CL in the same season. Why did that not stop them?

If we were in the CL, with our current squad we would struggle, but if we were in the CL we'd have a much stronger squad than we currently have (don't know about first XI, but the squad will be stronger).

In previous years I've seen people say a lack of Europa League will be beneficial, and it can be. But the Champions League? No, that doesn't do it for me. The ONLY way you being in the CL and us not being in there can be any excuse is if a league fixture against a rival for the title is placed around CL games, as is the case with you this season with the Liverpool fixture in between the semi-finals.

Alot of stars have aligned at the right time (as does when any team wins the league) You have not had a manager capable of winning the league for quite a few years, having one goal has been very helpful, last season's steady season was just as helpful as was all the other the clubs having the opposite as well as the low expectations but you can find similar but different reasons behind most teams winning the title, the main reason still is Liverpool have played very well while taking advantage of all the advantages that has come out of this season. I think it will be interesting next season as Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City Arsenal and maybe Spurs all needing to spend big who Liverpool can buy (not saying they not a major attraction) but not only going up against big money but big clubs, both the first team and the squad will need improving. Even if Liverpool don't win the title expectations will be bigger then they have been for a long long time, Winning a title is easy the season after a title win is 100 times harder
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What changed your mind on Rafa then? It can't have been the performances as you rubbished those….

"This is two years of utter shite in the Premiership."

It can't have been the top 3 finish seeing as Mourinho's going to match or better it. And it can't have been winning the Europa League because in your own words….

"I'd take another League or FA Cup over this crapper than crap Europa League tin pot crap!!!"
    "Yes, i hope we throw this Monkey Shit Europa game."

The reason I changed my mind about Rafa is easy.
    I was largely enjoying the football we were playing.
    I liked the way he managed the team through the heavy workload of all those Europa League games and balancing that with the need to finish in the top four.
    The reason i changed my mind about the Europa League is also easy.
    It was the players attitude towards it that mainly changed my mind.
    After the embarrassment of being the first CL winners to go out in the group stages, it would have been easy for them not to care about the EL. However, instead of feeling sorry for themselves they really got stuck into it and gave it everything they had. I felt quite proud of lads giving everything for a cup that many deride.
    it's also our third different Euro trophy, which is something not too many clubs have done. Of course it was not the same as winning the CL, but at the end it was still a great trophy to win imho.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    ^ So you were largely enjoying the football we were playing whilst at the same time complaining that it was utter shite and hoping the manager would be sacked? Makes sense….

Nice of you to give Rafa respect for steering us to a top 4 finish whilst dealing with the EL, when you don't seem keen to give any to our current manager who actually has us competing for the title whilst also taking us far in the CL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ So you were largely enjoying the football we were playing whilst at the same time complaining that it was utter shite and hoping the manager would be sacked? Makes sense….

Nice of you to give Rafa respect for steering us to a top 4 finish whilst dealing with the EL, when you don't seem keen to give any to our current manager who actually has us competing for the title whilst also taking us far in the CL.

But your forgetting the most important fact, the people who call in on Talk Sport don't like us and that's the measuring stick
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    But your forgetting the most important fact, the people who call in on Talk Sport don't like us and that's the measuring stick

Oh yeah, silly me. Maybe we should consult them before hiring our next manager? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schwarzer Ivanovic Cahill Azpilicueta Ramires Matic Willian Oscar Salah Eto'o

Hilario Luiz Mikel Lampard Torres Schurrle Ba

Where is Cech? :o Cole really should have started today - he'll have to start on Tuesday and he's hardly played in months.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Schwarzer Ivanovic Cahill Azpilicueta Ramires Matic Willian Oscar Salah Eto'o

Hilario Luiz Mikel Lampard Torres Schurrle Ba

Where is Cech? :o Cole really should have started today - he'll have to start on Tuesday and he's hardly played in months.

That's only ten players!

I hope Jose notices
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    That's only ten players!

I hope Jose notices

It's his new tactic, don't tell anyone, it's to make the game more entertaining
  • Options
    SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Must win tonight lads,no slip ups.

Were is Chec? Is he resting him for Tuesday? Hope he's not injured!!!!
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HIlario? Is he still with us!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cech is sick, but expected to be fine for Tuesday.

Early goal - nice change :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear sw spills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An early goal and we throw it away already FFS.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 game ban coming up for Ramires when the FA look at video evidence of that incident.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    3 game ban coming up for Ramires when the FA look at video evidence of that incident.

Yup. Absolute stupidity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »

Ref saw it and gave nothing.

Same with the clear pen that Ramires was frustrated about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ref saw it and gave nothing.

Same with the clear pen that Ramires was frustrated about.

I doubt he did see it. If he had he'd be gone, no questions about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he did see it. If he had he'd be gone, no questions about it

Player rolled around too much, it was hardly a forearm smash was it.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hilarious, some people will swear the sea is red when it comes to their team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a joke surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the c supporters thread or not? Plenty of other chel bashing threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a joke surely?

The only joke was ram being denied a clear goal scoring opportunity seconds before hand.

Where was that red card?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ba on for Oscar.....good move. Oscar's been poor again. Ramires not having a good game either.
This discussion has been closed.