Orphan Black - UK Pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    Good news for UK fans, I think. It hasn't been stated yet by the BBC, but it looks the series will not only return on April 30th as previously mentioned - 11 days behind the US - but we may get an opening double bill, which would put us just 4 days behind.

As I say, not confirmed yet - but BBC Previews has both episodes 1 and 2 listed as being for transmission in week 17.
    Well the schedules should be locked by now as it's less than two weeks to transmission (and the schedules need releasing to listings mags, etc.) so I'm not so sure.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the schedules should be locked by now as it's less than two weeks to transmission (and the schedules need releasing to listings mags, etc.) so I'm not so sure.
    Sure, the schedules should be locked by now - it's just that (as far as I'm aware) the double bill has not yet been publicly announced. But both episodes *are* showing in BBC Previews as being scheduled for TX in the same week. (I can't currently see the scheduled TX week for episode 3.)

They're being shown separately in the US, though, I believe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    That's what they did with the first series.
    Yes, they did. Episodes 1 & 2 were shown back-to-back, as were 7/8 and 9/10. Of course, that won't happen this time, as an ep1/2 double-bill would move us immediately into line with US transmission (well, within four days, anyway).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, I know ep 1 premieres stateside tonight, but the first three minutes of the episode are already viewable in any country on the Facebook Orphan Black page. (The 37 minutes that follow it are pretty damn good too ...) :-)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Might be a good time for somebody to bump the US pace thread.....
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    And her accent… I'd heard she was great in it, I found myself going back to re-read the comments I'd read because that first episode, she was *not* great.

People who leave a country but retain an accent in their teens often find that accent sounds different to natives from the original country. I suspect the English accent being off (as the character had lived nearly half her life in Canada) was a conscious decision.

It seems churlish to criticise something that one would expect given the character background.
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    The slight different nuances she adds to each version, so you can tell when one clone is pretending to be another. In the hands of someone less committed to their craft it could come across as awful. !

This is the real skill to the performance, the way this comes across is simply awesome,

No wonder she got a Golden Globe nomination - when you consider the type of out of the mainstream genre show, its not even a huge hit as a genre show, getting a Globes nomination is just incredible.
    Forum Member
    Sure, the schedules should be locked by now - it's just that (as far as I'm aware) the double bill has not yet been publicly announced.
    And that was my point. They would have scheduled them and announced it by now, before the schedules were locked for publication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that was my point. They would have scheduled them and announced it by now, before the schedules were locked for publication.
    We'll just have to wait and see what pops up on our EPGs. It would be nice if the UK catches up so that we are in the same week of transmission as the US.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll just have to wait and see what pops up on our EPGs. It would be nice if the UK catches up so that we are in the same week of transmission as the US.
    Well according to the RT site, it's only scheduled as a single episode on the Wednesday evening of next week...

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cvtnbz/orphan-black--series-2---1-nature-under-constraint-and-vexed

K
    Forum Member
    We'll just have to wait and see what pops up on our EPGs.
    I can guarantee it won't be a double-episode. Why on earth would they deliberately p!ss people off by scheduling another ep but not telling anyone? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Well according to the RT site, it's only scheduled as a single episode on the Wednesday evening of next week...

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cvtnbz/orphan-black--series-2---1-nature-under-constraint-and-vexed

K
    Fair enough. Shame, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Maybe the BBC are planning to double bill the finale? Last year they ended up double billing for the last couple of weeks...
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been wanting to watch this show for a while and finally got to catch up with it with BBC Three repeating the first season.

I'm totally hooked! I had heard good things about it, but damn, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Tatiana Maslany is a wonderful actress. I have to remind myself that the clones are played by the same person, especially when I think to myself "Alison has better chemistry with Felix than Sarah does" :p Also didn't think it was possible to have great chemistry with yourself.

I'm finding it difficult waiting till next week to see what happens next. God knows how those who watched it last year managed to cope!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Did you reaction to the show go like this:

(1) see ep1 -> thoughts: not bad, kinda interesting, lead is alright I guess, might as well give it another ep.
    (2) see ep2 -> OMG who the heck is this gal, she's amazing and this show is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!

cos that how I went. :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Been wanting to watch this show for a while and finally got to catch up with it with BBC Three repeating the first season.

I'm totally hooked! I had heard good things about it, but damn, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Tatiana Maslany is a wonderful actress. I have to remind myself that the clones are played by the same person, especially when I think to myself "Alison has better chemistry with Felix than Sarah does" :p Also didn't think it was possible to have great chemistry with yourself.

I'm finding it difficult waiting till next week to see what happens next. God knows how those who watched it last year managed to cope!
    Better late then never.....it's very good. And watching the last episode of S1 last night jogged my memory, ready for the return.:cool:

From Cosima's bloody cough to Kira missing, with everything in between - Alison's Husband, Rachel the new one plus poor Victor - the help group, must be helping.;-)

Can't wait.
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »

(1) see ep1 -> thoughts: not bad, kinda interesting, lead is alright I guess, might as well give it another ep.
    (2) see ep2 -> OMG who the heck is this gal, she's amazing and this show is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Took me a couple more eps to get into the show itself, but that's pretty-much it for me, yeah :)
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I started watching, I actually wondered where I'd seen her before, then realised she was in Ginger Snaps 2.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Just discovered this last night. One episode down, wanna finish Season 1 before the new one starts on Wednesday.

Wasn't too sure of it in the first half of the episode but the last 10 mins or so were great, looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, something quite similar. I liked it straight away from the first episode, but I hadn't seen anything yet that had warranted how crazy people were going on about it and Tatiana. Then I watched the second episode and had the same reaction as you :D

When I first saw the opening credits, I was like "Woah, there's a lot of guys in this show", but then as I watched more episodes, I realised that there's actually more women but they are just played by the same person :p

Also, when I heard the "It showed" line from Cosima to Delphine, I was like "ouch!". Damn, that was the biggest burn I have ever heard.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ not a knowing spoiler but I've just had a thought
    what if one of the coming clones she plays is a male - something went cookie with the procedure and a male version was created and the ptbs let it proceed to baby cos they were all curious and it was a slow day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ not a knowing spoiler but I've just had a thought
    what if one of the coming clones she plays is a male - something went cookie with the procedure and a male version was created and the ptbs let it proceed to baby cos they were all curious and it was a slow day.

That would be interesting! I would love something like that to happen just to see how Tatiana would do it and how the other clones would react.

I've been trying to think what Mrs. S is up to. Don't think she is bad, considering after she found the photo that Sarah's birth mum had (which I'm assuming is her as the scientist), she put back for the birth mum to show Sarah. At the moment I'm thinking Mrs S. had a daughter who was terminally ill, started a project so she could save her, perhaps that developed into the clone project. So her daughter is the original. Probably stupid but I'm going with that just now :D
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    2 more episodes to watch in Season 1. This really is great stuff! Felix can be irritating at times, but aside from that I really love it. I think I'm in love with Tatiana Maslany and I love how she portrays each of the clones differently. Great actress.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a bump for tonight's episode...

K
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this tonight

But I'm a bit lost as to where we ended up at the finish of series one

Also..........I'm a bit confused now with all the different Orphans......:o

Hopefully I'll get into the swing of it again........