"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At? (Part 2)

Comments

• kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    Sadly, Kezo, family of murder victims have no rights whatever to prevent any kind of drama being made about the death of their loved one. The best they can do is agree to 'work with' the company making the film in the hope that their views will be listened to but, at the end of the day, they have no say in how their murdered relative is portrayed or even if shocking scenes are broadcast.

I would have thought it was procedure and be as "accurate" as possible and speak to all "parties" involved obviously you can't do that then.... (I believe this was also mentioned on here earlier that this was made by BBC Alba or something I could be wrong) but still why on a second time I don't get? - whats on next a re-run of "scottish murders" or will it now be "scotland greatest roadworks"
  • BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a 'new' programme, Kezo - some Scots actor is presenting/narrating it and I suppose it brings matters up to date.

But how much will be Tobin and how much will be Bible John remains to be seen......

And it will have to end with

"science proves that, on the evidence available, it wisnae him!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was a 'new' programme, Kezo - some Scots actor is presenting/narrating it and I suppose it brings matters up to date.

But how much will be Tobin and how much will be Bible John remains to be seen......

And it will have to end with

"science proves that, on the evidence available, it wisnae him!"

In other words total waste of an hour :eek: well I haven't heard much new on it at all and plus I am sure people will be flogging off at 9pm to other channels (is it just me or does STV really like stirring things up? .. if nothing has been mentioned in news ie on tobin they need to put on a programme to highlight it again) ... anyone up for "trial and retribution" instead over on ITV3??:D (David Hayman)
  • seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I not say STV Will have also another couple of slots, its fast becoming STV night on Tuesday 8-10pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seiko456 wrote: »
    Did I not say STV Will have also another couple of slots, its fast becoming STV night on Tuesday 8-10pm.

Yes you did and its becoming pointless :rolleyes: ... coming soon its time to vote for "scotland's greatest albums" whoopee ... i'll go and buy fireworks for hogmanay! (as I presume we will get that on somepoint at that time and expect it on AGAIN at Hogmanay with the possible "making of") :eek: ... I would also presume STV have limited imagination on programming...and also let me guess Underbelly will be put onto that slot nearer Christmas!
  • BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are doing viewers a great service by lumping their locally made tripe together in one 2 hour slot - all the easier to avoid. :D

How many watched the 2nd 'The Hour' I wonder?

1. 100,000
    2. 75,000
    3. 50,000 or less......:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are doing viewers a great service by lumping their locally made tripe together in one 2 hour slot - all the easier to avoid. :D

1. 100,000
    2. 75,000

Locally made you say Bidie?? - whats so local about "the hour" Underbelly and "scotlands thingymigjig"?? - I hardly see it "local" you may as well just say NEWS really! - I guess the tripe they put on is more regional than local - oh wait scrap that its more national than anything else!

regarding viewers for watching "the hour" this week I would not be at all surprised if it dipped further :D ... mind you it must not get great ratings either on +1!
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1. 100,000
    2. 75,000

According to today's press 88k watched last week and 97k watched on Tuesday night - Around 50-70k down on their original 5pm show audience and up against a River City audience of 425-450k.

But the show was absolute rubbish - amateurish production values along with a ridiculous presenter who you could just imagine would like to get plastered in the bar with every guest she met - a total amateur who should have been ditched long ago and a sad advert for Scottish television.

Yet another PR disaster for STV - the usual spin is put on it by saying that other programmes have been successful (Scotland's Greatest Album - :o) - yipeeahay!

Never mind though, give them time and they will come up with some other dross to fill their "opt outs" - meanwhile next Tuesday STV rejoin the network by screening that great new ITV hit - what was it ..... erm.... Jeremy Kyle hosts it...... ermm... it's a new game show...under 3 million viewers last week...... :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotland's Greatest Album HAS been decent success! 1-1 for STV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and on the other "the hour" second time round has been a sinking ship :D:D

EDIT: how the hell "greatest album" can come across as a success I will never know ... as to some on here and that agree with me is that the programme itself is shambolic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank God may it Rest In Peace :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    and on the other "the hour" second time round has been a sinking ship :D:D

EDIT: how the hell "greatest album" can come across as a success I will never know ... as to some on here and that agree with me is that the programme itself is shambolic

Yes - "I am an STV executive - I get paid megabucks to come up with such brilliant ideas as having 6 guys round a table - including the FOOTBALL pundit Pat Nevin - talking about their favourite album tracks. I know we can do it on the cheap because we can access the footage from our library. It's genius - we've got a winner with this Scotland's Greatest... strand - it's cheap to make as I said and it fits nicely into our "opt out" portfolio of high quality productions." :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member

And where is the proof it has been a success? No viewing figures just a claim from Stv. It is a success because Real Radio are obviously paying for the programme hence the big "P" for product placement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    Yes - "I am an STV executive - I get paid megabucks to come up with such brilliant ideas as having 6 guys round a table - including the FOOTBALL pundit Pat Nevin - talking about their favourite album tracks. I know we can do it on the cheap because we can access the footage from our library. It's genius - we've got a winner with this Scotland's Greatest... strand - it's cheap to make as I said and it fits nicely into our "opt out" portfolio of high quality productions." :yawn:

:eek::eek:::rolleyes: ... they must roll in the money ... funny aint it though in that programme in particular ... football and politics are involved :rolleyes: .... yet I thought the programme was more about the music? .. more backhanders me thinks ... wonder if OFCOM will be on STV's ass yet again :D

Idea's aint that great whatever they put on instead compared to ITV ... just looked at my 3 button on my freeview remote .. quite alot of dust there! :D ... oh look my PS3 with the ITV player has no dust! :p its a pre-christmas miracle!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I must have missed it, Sunhill.
    I live in the Republic of Ireland, near the border with NI. I recall reading, on this forum, a post in which someone thanked STV for broadcasting Foyle's War. It followed Rob Woodward's partial u-turn on the opt-out policy. Foyle's War was an excellent show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV have nothing else to broadcast thus it will be start from Ep1! Jeremy kyle new Gameshow, I wonder if people will be begging stv to bring back the hour :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STV have nothing else to broadcast thus it will be start from Ep1! Jeremy kyle new Gameshow, I wonder if people will be begging stv to bring back the hour :P

Got no chance unless they revamp it altogether and have new hosts - either that unless they try and put it back on at 5pm ... show was really dead in the water it just became more of a show for tweedle dee and tweedle dum to yack amongst themselves than the celebs - heck in the beginning they had great guests but it went downhill and had the SAME guests back on over and over and it well in my opinion just went it to overkill and killed it and plus the only memorable thing about it was every friday was "michelle's tipple" and her big swallies :rolleyes:

Heck I rather watch the new gameshow with kyle on than hear the banter of the presenters of "the hour" :eek:

STV may as well "prepare" a pre-recorded new year show yet again and have they two on it and be gone with them completely! and possibly in new year STV can actually get things right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got no chance unless they revamp it altogether and have new hosts - either that unless they try and put it back on at 5pm ... show was really dead in the water it just became more of a show for tweedle dee and tweedle dum to yack amongst themselves than the celebs - heck in the beginning they had great guests but it went downhill and had the SAME guests back on over and over and it well in my opinion just went it to overkill and killed it and plus the only memorable thing about it was every friday was "michelle's tipple" and her big swallies :rolleyes:

Heck I rather watch the new gameshow with kyle on than hear the banter of the presenters of "the hour" :eek:

From what I have heard at STV towers IT WILL be back maybe Janurary etc, but a major overhaul will take place to sort out the mess, I believe it was better to cut n run than to try to sort it out. The thing was it was getting tried at 5 days aweek and there were never to move out of the entertainment strand unlike This morning etc which could have looked at news stories of the day or discuses Scottish interests.

Thats an idea "Scottish Show" dissuasion, look at the weeks story, social issues ( such as Scottish Action) .

Hopeful stv can prove us all wrong and give Scotland a proper decent live chat show for the people of Scotland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I have heard at STV towers IT WILL be back maybe Janurary etc, but a major overhaul will take place to sort out the mess, I believe it was better to cut n run than to try to sort it out. The thing was it was getting tried at 5 days aweek and there were never to move out of the entertainment strand unlike This morning etc which could have looked at news stories of the day or discuses Scottish interests.

Thats an idea "Scottish Show" dissuasion, look at the weeks story, social issues ( such as Scottish Action) .

Hopeful stv can prove us all wrong and give Scotland a proper decent live chat show for the people of Scotland

You better hope :) - but surely they could have done that whilst it was on air ... but oh wait STV don't think like that.... typical :rolleyes: but heck you may as well keep fingers crossed regarding their half hour late bulletin or I wonder if that will get an axe a year later:D ... out of curiousity when these bulletins start whats happening with the programme "exposure"?? is that moving to later or what anyone know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You better hope :) - but surely they could have done that whilst it was on air ... but oh wait STV don't think like that.... typical :rolleyes: but heck you may as well keep fingers crossed regarding their half hour late bulletin or I wonder if that will get an axe a year later:D ... out of curiousity when these bulletins start whats happening with the programme "exposure"?? is that moving to later or what anyone know?

lets just say the public had a might AXE for that show from 1min past 8pm 4 weeks ago, with Tam getting the most of the complaints,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to other comments, here's what STV need to do with The Hour:-

Put it back on at 5pm Mon-Fri.

Ditch Michelle - she is quite frankly a useless amateur. She comes over as the kind of person you would see steaming drunk on a Saturday night with a group of girls in Sauchiehall Street.

Get a credible presenter/s (and please - it's NOT a necessity that he/she has to speak with a Glasgow accent).

Take the programme slightly more seriously (especially earlier in the week) rather than all this palsy walsy rubbish - feature news items, topics of interest and discussions that really mean something to the people of Scotland - not just the west of Scotland. Still have some lighthearted and softer features, and cookery and fashion etc.. - but on a Thursday and Friday place more emphasis on these with the more heavier stuff earlier in the week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    Similar to other comments, here's what STV need to do with The Hour:-

Put it back on at 5pm Mon-Fri.

Ditch Michelle - she is quite frankly a useless amateur. She comes over as the kind of person you would see steaming drunk on a Saturday night with a group of girls in Sauchiehall Street.

Get a credible presenter/s (and please - it's NOT a necessity that he/she has to speak with a Glasgow accent).

Take the programme slightly more seriously (especially earlier in the week) rather than all this palsy walsy rubbish - feature news items, topics of interest and discussions that really mean something to the people of Scotland - not just the west of Scotland. Still have some lighthearted and softer features, and cookery and fashion etc.. - but on a Thursday and Friday place more emphasis on these with the more heavier stuff earlier in the week.

I couldnt agree more with you MrSirs I mentioned on an earlier post giving us in "STV North" different presenters but I was told no chance in hell :rolleyes: (rolleyes not at you lol) and there is more to scotland outside Glasgow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets just say the public had a might AXE for that show from 1min past 8pm 4 weeks ago, with Tam getting the most of the complaints,

I wouldnt blame Tam or Michelle for its axe but STV just looked for the closest glasweigan to present the show alongside another glasweigan ... has STV not heard of the North of Scotland like .... Aberdeen? :confused: ... as there is barely any input from my area other than new (whoopee!) :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Is the general rule for STV not that you must be from Glasgow or a surrounding Weegie town if you're to be on it? In fact, is that not the general rule for the media in Scotland?

Take a look at the Scottish Bafta's nominees/winners:

Rab C
    Limmy's show
    Burnistoun
    Neds
    Donkeys
    Field of Blood
    Perfect Sense

All Glasgow. And who presented the ceremony? A Glaswegian. Where were the awards held? Glasgow.

The only thing not Glasgow was the Scheme, which is another west-coast special.

The only positive is the STV East news, which still has to make do with a crap set in comparison to the STV West news.