Options

That ending!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
Forum Member
Amazing! Frances Barber is amazing. Ad s Alex Kingston. That is all.

Comments

• Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was better than the 40 minutes before it.

It was chilling and creepy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Definitely, the way her grinning head was floating in the shadows...brilliant
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So go on then let's here how many people on here predicted it was
    River Song in the Astronaught suit?

(spoilered for those watching on iPlayer later)

Think I suggested it in a thread, but I also think I've put a case for everyone to be the Astronaught at some point
  • Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »

Think I suggested it in a thread, but I also think I've put a case for everyone to be the Astronaught at some point

Wasn't it implied since we found out who Melody was, if not hinted at before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it implied since we found out who Melody was, if not hinted at before?

It's always been indicated it was River hat kills the Doc, but it's caused a lot of debate none the less
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was better than the 40 minutes before it.

It was chilling and creepy.

Agree entirely.

Very interesting how River doesn't remember Madame Kovarian or the Silence, and they've clearly altered her memories, but in LKH she said she was 'born to kill the Doctor'. So when have they tampered with River's mind?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    It's always been indicated it was River hat kills the Doc, but it's caused a lot of debate none the less

but river is now a "Doctor", maybe cause she double crosses madam K she dies
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

I'll wait for the final episode to air before saying who was in the suit on the beach in TIA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait for the final episode to air before saying who was in the suit on the beach in TIA.

Surely they can't switch her now Minky? They showed under water in the suit and injected with some drugs... Seems like that was a reveal to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammybear wrote: »

Hmmm.. The "Doctor" in the Tardis doesn't know....:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

River dies in the Library in the 51st Century, seems like that would be a pretty fixed point in time given none of this would have happened if she hadn't!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    River dies in the Library in the 51st Century, seems like that would be a pretty fixed point in time given none of this would have happened if she hadn't!

time can be rewritten
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    time can be rewritten

Yes, but if time is rewritten and River doesn't die in the Library, who saves the 10th Doctor there? (and therefore stops him needing to regenerate then, thus ensuring the 11th Doctor appears when he does, meets Amelia, keeps Amy waiting, takes Amy travelling, flies the Pandorica into the exploding TARDIS, so Amy and Rory can get married, and conceive Melody on the TARDIS, and Lake Silencio can happen, Amy be taken, therefore Melody taken, etc) Or do you mean River's life between now and then is rewritten, and she still goes to the Library in the 51st Century? Because the Doctor and River still have meet in the wrong order no matter what happens...
  • Options
    VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they can't switch her now Minky? They showed under water in the suit and injected with some drugs... Seems like that was a reveal to me

They sealed the Doctor in the Pandorica in one episode, and Amy was inside when it opened in the next. But I don't think they'll pull a switch-around this time.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me, too. I still think it was someone else though I don't know who :confused::)

She may have ben put in the diver's suit but I don't understand how she could have been on the beach with the others at the same time as in the diver's suit :confused:;):)
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I think Moffat added it on to Roberts script.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Course he did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    She may have ben put in the diver's suit but I don't understand how she could have been on the beach with the others at the same time as in the diver's suit :confused:;):)

According to Moffat on Confidential: 'It's time travel, that's easy' - end of his explanation!

I'm guessing it might have some significance next week though, so he's probably not explaining fully :p
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Moffat on Confidential: 'It's time travel, that's easy' - end of his explanation!

I'm guessing it might have some significance next week though, so he's probably not explaining fully :p
    Hmm! There she is, holding back Amy, as requested by the Doctor - even I, an avid fan of the programme for many years, cannot accept time travel within a hundred yards ;) but we shall see :)
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's a time traveler - she has traveled there from different points of her life.

(The first time against her will, the second time following an invitation from the Doctor)

The River on the beach is an older version than the River in the Space suit.
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After all is said and done, ultimately I'm glad there were no shock twists or turns as regards to who was actually in the spacesuit. Looking forward to the Doctors Death muchly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trust The Moff!
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And all the moaners who were querying why River didn't remember being the little girl and saying it was a plot hole are now hopefully feeling very silly.

Although they'll never admit it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Me, too. I still think it was someone else though I don't know who :confused::)

Well what about this for a twist what if the river at the end of closing time was a flesh (goo) River.

Think about it, Madam K. fooled the doctor with flesh amy then with flesh baby melody and then did the
    Oh doctor fooling you once was a joy, But fooling you twice the same way, It's a privilege
    Madam k AGMGTW
    Think about the bragging speech by the doctor something along the lines of "You may of fooled me twice the same way, BUT using the same trick against you. The Privilege is all mine....So who the man??" slience falls"Opps DEFINITELY NOT SAYING THAT AGAIN":D:D:D
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    They sealed the Doctor in the Pandorica in one episode, and Amy was inside when it opened in the next. But I don't think they'll pull a switch-around this time.

Yeah, I've suggested early on that this whole series could end up being a predestination paradox, with the last episode brining the series full circle.

It actually makes sense to me now that we had a two parter at the start of series 6 because in a weird way, It actually now works as a series finale as well as a series opener.

It also explains why the next episode only needs to be a one parter because it's simply going to be prequel to TIA/DOTM.