Options

Do 'UGLY' people find there 'UGLY partner sexy?

36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
Forum Member
✭✭
Lets not pretend we dont judge people.

Ok, So when your walking down the high street and you see that text book overweight slob and his equally overweight slob of a girlfriend, Do you ever wonder if they find each other attractive?

Now of course they could be the most wonderfull person in the world and what not.

But for me I could never begin a relationship if the woman wasnt in my eyes attractive.

Now my one cousin is 23 stone and very overweight and his girlfriend is big aswell id say easily a dress size 20, Now he tells her she is sexy and im pretty sure this is total poppycock as his bedroom at his moms has pictures of slim sexy models all over the walls, Now if I walked into his bedroom and the walls was covered with PLUS sized models I would believe he finds his GF sexy.

And his GF on her lock screen on her phone is picture of Channing Tatum.

Do these people just want a companion and will settle for anyone that shows them abit of attention.

Comments

• Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a scientific study which asked people about their relationships, and asked them to pick some subtly photoshopped photos of their partners - e.g. more and less attractive versions of them - to say what they thought best represented them.

People head over heels in love actually picked the tweaked-attractive images of their partners, and correspondingly those who weren't happy selected the tweaked-unattractive photos. So to an extent beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexy isn't just about looks. Anyway, many overweight people can look sexy.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how shallow they are I suppose. Are you going to live your whole life judging people on looks alone?

And why does it say 'UGLY' in the thread title when you meant 'FAT?'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My other half is classed as obese. If I wanted something pretty to look at, I would paint a canvass. As it happens I want someone to interact with that shares my interests and beliefs.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    skazza wrote: »
    Depends how shallow they are I suppose. Are you going to live your whole life judging people on looks alone?

Quite.

Mind you, I judge people on the quality of their grammar in threads, so this title makes me judge the OP somewhat....;)
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have often wondered this too. Given that neither me nor Mr H or any of my exes particularly scare cats off the lawn with our looks.

I especially find myself having this bitchy thought when watching Jeremy Kyle. I'm always amazed their 'guests' have got laid once, let alone by multiple people. I can only conclude people have very low standards.

Although personality is vital, I always had to find someone attractive to even bother with them. If that's superficial, fair enough, but I could never get past someone looking ugly. As a friend, yes, you can look like Frankenstein's monster, I will still adore you. But not as the Other Half.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a real crush on this guy - http://www.karaoke-lyrics.net/photos/mark-salling-34544/218780 however my boyfriend is defiantly more this guy http://www.east-buc.k12.ia.us/02_03/ce/fri/cha.htm . I still find him attractive in all ways, and I hope he does me as I'm no stunner!
  • Options
    36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skazza wrote: »

Obese is ugly.

Plenty of slim people also are ugly just watch Jeremy Kyle
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    We pair up with people we feel for whatever reason attracted to, so they are attractive to that person, they do not have necessarily to to fulfil societies beauty standards.

Just because someone is good looking does not mean at all everyone is going to fall in love with this person, so is the same the other way around. The society ideal of beauty or even our own physical ideals counts very little in real life. Ugly to whom, in relation to what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obese is ugly.

In some countires obese women are classed as beautiful.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Obese is ugly.

Oh yes, there is a certain skinny "crack head", toothless look on Jeremy Kyle, Male and female, that is as bad.:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Oh yes, there is a certain skinny "crack head", toothless look on Jeremy Kyle, Male and female, that is as bad.:eek::D

I think on Jezza Kyle, regardless of size, there is a lot of not looking at the mantle piece when poking the fire, going off.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I think on Jezza Kyle, regardless of size, there is a lot of not looking at the mantle piece when poking the fire, going off.

:D

Its a double bag job, I'll wear one on my head in case the one on yours splits.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some very beautiful people aren't sexy and some very ugly ones are. I think the two things are distinct.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people like munters.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw OP you started your time here so well..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I have often wondered this too. Given that neither me nor Mr H or any of my exes particularly scare cats off the lawn with our looks.

I especially find myself having this bitchy thought when watching Jeremy Kyle. I'm always amazed their 'guests' have got laid once, let alone by multiple people. I can only conclude people have very low standards.

Although personality is vital, I always had to find someone attractive to even bother with them. If that's superficial, fair enough, but I could never get past someone looking ugly. As a friend, yes, you can look like Frankenstein's monster, I will still adore you. But not as the Other Half.

I'm watching jez right now and I was thinking exactly the same thing. Desire and sexual attraction is a funny thing, I don't think it's shallow to say how someone looks is important when it comes to sexual attraction but there are so many other things going on aswell, voice, body language, personality ect. I couldn't be attracted to someone who looked amazing but with the personality of a wet fish. Il I think it's half and half. A mix of both looks and personality.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder what a hideously ugly person with a hideously ugly partner thinks when they look at a very attractive person. The difference in what they have to look at every day is so extreme, it's like showing an Ethiopian a photo of a room full of Perrier and cakes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically, you hate overweight people.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    So basically, you hate overweight people.

Don't worry, we're not to fond of the OP either :p
  • Options
    louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member

Ok, So when your walking down the high street and you see that text book overweight slob and his equally overweight slob of a girlfriend, Do you ever wonder if they find each other attractive?

Now of course they could be the most wonderfull person in the world and what not.

But for me I could never begin a relationship if the woman wasnt in my eyes attractive.

Now my one cousin is 23 stone and very overweight and his girlfriend is big aswell id say easily a dress size 20, Now he tells her she is sexy and im pretty sure this is total poppycock as his bedroom at his moms has pictures of slim sexy models all over the walls, Now if I walked into his bedroom and the walls was covered with PLUS sized models I would believe he finds his GF sexy.

Do these people just want a companion and will settle for anyone that shows them abit of attention.

NOW............Maybe you could ask your 'one cousin' if he just wants a companion, and will settle for anyone for a bit of attention. You might get your answer, or you might get a FAT UGLY lip lol :p
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So basically you go for visually attractive on the surface before finding out whats going on behind the eyes, a recipe for diaster if you ask me.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most ugly people are ugly not blind
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    We pair up with people we feel for whatever reason attracted to, so they are attractive to that person, they do not have necessarily to to fulfil societies beauty standards.

Just because someone is good looking does not mean at all everyone is going to fall in love with this person, so is the same the other way around. The society ideal of beauty or even our own physical ideals counts very little in real life. Ugly to whom, in relation to what?

But the usual way of things is beautiful people with beautiful people (unless they have something else of equal value like wealth) and less attractive with less attractive.

A 20 stone woman can have the most beautiful personality in the world but she'll never get to be with the six-packed male model she fantasises about.. most people fancy beautiful slim people, but they have to be realistic about who they can attract, or they stay alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they got fat together. Loads of couples pile on the pounds when they move in together.