Denise Van Outen and Lee Mead marriage over

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Confirmed in Sunday exclusive with Dan Wooton. No surprises there then writing been in the wall all year.

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame when they have a small child
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I wonder where she will go on holiday?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ More importantly, which male celebrity will be snapped 'comforting' her on said holiday? :p

Seriously though, it's a shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Hmmm male celeb will be...from Corrie or Simon Cowell is free isn't he? ;)
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how sad for them and the family, they appeared to be apart a lot and there have been rumours for so long
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    This is very sad, and I can't help thinking that all the intense media pressure and scrutiny made things doubly hard for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    This is very sad, and I can't help thinking that all the intense media pressure and scrutiny made things doubly hard for them.

And DvO has never been one for courting the media has she.....:p
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. It was always obvious the weren't suited to each other. I'm also not surprised that it is Denise who made the announcement via the press and collected a nice fee for herself and the publicity. :rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least shocking news ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full front page in the Sun. Glad there's nothing else worth reporting.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Good. At least that leaves the door open for me.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full front page in the Sun. Glad there's nothing else worth reporting.:rolleyes:

I like them both but why on earth does a marriage split merit front page news?:confused:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad, if true, but so totally not surprising.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Before anyone starts, I take no "glee" in saying I predicted this at the start of the year.

In the rare recent photographs of them together, I have never seen a couple look more apart.

I'm sure they'll remain amicable for Betsy's sake - they were probably much better suited as friends than lovers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    i never EVER fancied her to be honest..
    just my opinion...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Why does people's private life warrant more headlines than they're actual showbiz talents.Denise will milk I think Lee will shy away..Lee seems grounded Denise is now a wannabe for fame has she has no career not what I know of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before anyone starts, I take no "glee" in saying I predicted this at the start of the year.

In the rare recent photographs of them together, I have never seen a couple look more apart.

I'm sure they'll remain amicable for Betsy's sake - they were probably much better suited as friends than lovers.

I think most of us saw it coming for a long time and it has been discussed on these forums and questioned in the popular press. Her constant denials such as 'we don't have a nanny so we can't holiday together' were both ridiculous and unconvincing. I think the only surprise is that it took so long for them to admit it.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I think most of us saw it coming for a long time and it has been discussed on these forums and questioned in the popular press. Her constant denials such as 'we don't have a nanny so we can't holiday together' were both ridiculous and unconvincing. I think the only surprise is that it took so long for them to admit it.

According to what I've just read, he apparently moved out shortly after returning from LA in May which makes the recent denials and shows of togetherness even more ludicrous.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news, I feel sorry for both of them, and their daughter.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    According to what I've just read, he apparently moved out shortly after returning from LA in May which makes the recent denials and shows of togetherness even more ludicrous.

I like him, her less so and think she might be hard to live with as she seems very driven at times.

A shame all round for everyone, perhaps a call to Relate is needed
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong in them wanting to release the news when they feel is the right time for them I don't think.

Must say I was surprised when they got together but hey I'm just a looker on... what do I know!

I'm sad, for their daughter, that they are parting.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously they decided there was no more mileage in the are they-aren't they stuff.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    It's sad but not really a shock.

Tbh I always thought they were mis-matched, he seems so quiet and shy, then again, they do say opposites attract.

It's a shame but I hope they can remain friends for the sake of little Betsy.
  • CosmoSmallpieceCosmoSmallpiece Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Lee probably didn't bring in the required amount of money for Denise's lifestyle requirements. Same as the Melanie Sykes situation with her first husband. It is an expensive business to try to keep up a showbiz lifestyle. At least the institution of marriage is respected. x.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    he seems so quiet and shy, then again, they do say opposites attract.

Not sure you can be quiet and shy if you are a West End theatre actor and then go on a TV show (and then become a bigger West End actor).

There have been rumours about the marriage break up for ages, still, always sad when it doesn't work out and a child is involved.