I Need to Find My Daughters

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
I am trying to find my daughters, 3 of them, 10, 13 and 17.

I divorced my wife three years ago and on the eve of Christmas eve she ran off with them. I have tried tracing them and every time I found them she moved them.

I have been and am still ever so devastated about not having access to my children.

I need help and advice in finding them - I am going bankrupt at the moment - have not been able to keep my business afloat as been trying to find my children.

I do not have a clue where they are.

I had spent 3 years trying to keep the marriage together and to this day I cannot understand how a mother can do this.

Please help

Comments

• HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Facebook?

You could try the Salvation Army - they search for people.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Do you have any contact details for your ex's relatives??? Could you not go to court for access? They must be in the system somewhere? (Unless its a mail order job)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I am trying to find my daughters, 3 of them, 10, 13 and 17.

I divorced my wife three years ago and on the eve of Christmas eve she ran off with them. I have tried tracing them and every time I found them she moved them.

I have been and am still ever so devastated about not having access to my children.

I need help and advice in finding them - I am going bankrupt at the moment - have not been able to keep my business afloat as been trying to find my children.

I do not have a clue where they are.

I had spent 3 years trying to keep the marriage together and to this day I cannot understand how a mother can do this.

Please help

Do you have a service number?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Sorry I have no advice other than try fb. Can I just add my good wishes in finding your 3 daughters but please remember their mother may have filled their heads with crap about you. We usually hear stories about bad fathers etc so it is nice to see a thread from a father who does care. Good luck. Oh and try Salvation Army too. Let us know how things go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What part of the world are you/they in?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you have mutual friends ?, her family? It appears you were together for a long time so perhaps she keeps in touch with someone you know.
    The electoral roll and FB worth a look.
    All the best.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is she so desperate to keep them away from you?
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Responses to posts like the OP's often worry me. It's natural to to take the circumstances given in a post at face value but people should be careful of offering practical aid. There could be all sorts of reasons for the situation, I'm sure people can imagine a variety of possibilities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you would go to the police?:confused:
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

Good question - the OP must have some idea why his wife has cut contact.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    This is all sounds a bit dodgy. Moving house every time they are traced is extreme - not usually the actions of someone who is denying access purely out of spite. The oldest child is 17 - nearly an adult - surely old enough to make contact on her own, if she wanted to.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    We usually hear stories about bad fathers etc so it is nice to see a thread from a father who does care.

Playing devil's advocate but is that it? We're only getting one side of the story here... and not much of that, either...
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Surely you would go to the police?:confused:

Unless there's a reason the OP can't go to the police...
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suspect that there is a valid reason as to why the woman is trying to stay one step ahead - most people are not so vindictive as to deliberately deprive a parent of their children, with such apparent desperation. After all, the suggested continual upheaval would unlikely to be beneficial to the children.

Personally, I have my doubts as to the genuine nature of the OP, or, if genuine, have reservations as to the motive behind it.
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried
    http://www.192.com/ Hope you find them x
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    I would suspect that there is a valid reason as to why the woman is trying to stay one step ahead - most people are not so vindictive as to deliberately deprive a parent of their children, with such apparent desperation. After all, the suggested continual upheaval would unlikely to be beneficial to the children.

Personally, I have my doubts as to the genuine nature of the OP, or, if genuine, have reservations as to the motive behind it.
    Working in schools and seeing new children start, then settling in and making friends only to have to disappear overnight as they have been located by a partner makes me very wary of threads like this. Those kids education is so
    screwed up and all because an abusive partner won't accept a relationship is over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are also many women who when a relationship ends for the adults decide to end child father contact also. Particularly if either has moved on to new relationship.
  • simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good question - the OP must have some idea why his wife has cut contact.
    JulesF wrote: »
    This is all sounds a bit dodgy. Moving house every time they are traced is extreme - not usually the actions of someone who is denying access purely out of spite. The oldest child is 17 - nearly an adult - surely old enough to make contact on her own, if she wanted to.
    jasvinyl wrote: »

Wow I'm gobsmacked at some of these replies! This is an advice forum not a judgement forum. If you've not got something helpful to say then keep your nose out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the OP made an impassioned cry for help, but has not been back to have a look at this thread since it was made yesterday (no account activity since it was made).

Perhaps they will come back to have a look today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonp820 wrote: »
    Wow I'm gobsmacked at some of these replies! This is an advice forum not a judgement forum. If you've not got something helpful to say then keep your nose out!

Nope. I think it is helpful to advise caution regarding an opening post like this one.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    There are also many women who when a relationship ends for the adults decide to end child father contact also. Particularly if either has moved on to new relationship.

no-one is disputing that but most women do not go to such extreme lengths to keep a parent away from a child by constantly moving house and uprooting their children on numerous occasions.

I would certainly imagine there is more to this situation as I am sure the police and courts could find the woman
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonp820 wrote: »

if you come on a forum about such a matter when there are obviously better places to get proper advice then you should be open to all sorts of comments :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    no-one is disputing that but most women do not go to such extreme lengths to keep a parent away from a child by constantly moving house and uprooting their children on numerous occasions.

I would certainly imagine there is more to this situation as I am sure the police and courts could find the woman

He said every time he found them, that could have been 2 or 3 times. There could have been several reasons for the moves, home, jobs etc.
    I am sceptical about many of the advice threads, no less this one but unless and until the OP returns with more info we are all speculating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    if you come on a forum about such a matter when there are obviously better places to get proper advice then you should be open to all sorts of comments :rolleyes:

That is probably true of most threads posted in advice.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    He said every time he found them, that could have been 2 or 3 times. There could have been several reasons for the moves, home, jobs etc.
    I am sceptical about many of the advice threads, no less this one but unless and until the OP returns with more info we are all speculating.

even if just two or three it is quite a lot when you have kids at school and a job, friends etc. but I doubt the sincerity of the OP it being the first one and all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and this is it? :confused:

Isn't this just a little strange? :confused: