Options

Geri Halliwell Headlining the NRL Grand Final with new single TONIGHT - LIVE

kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Under 15 Hours until Geri debuts her first official performance of her latest solo single in eight years LIVE in front of around 15 thousand people!

Fans will NOT be disappointed, others may just be impressed. ;)

A lot of hard work, a lot of preperation, big production!

Thanks to Sony Music and especially to Creative Director Marko Panzic.

Check back here for more updates!

"And iron your shirts.."

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stage is set!

Minutes to go now..
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally no-one cares.
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NRL GF is on Sunday. And I think it's Ricky Martin performing. :confused:
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure we all are waiting in great anticipation....
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=68k4WoN_dbM

I thought she did OK. She should've mimed and done a bigger dance routine though.

Her team is a mess for not releasing the song till the end of October though. She should've released this tonight after she performed.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    iamstrong wrote: »

I thought she did OK. She should've mimed and done a bigger dance routine though.

Her team is a mess for not releasing the song till the end of October though. She should've released this tonight after she performed.

And this is why music is going to shit. NO. If you can't do it live, you shouldn't be doing it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    And this is why music is going to shit. NO. If you can't do it live, you shouldn't be doing it at all.
    Calm down. I was just wording it nicely. Don't need Kenny spazzing out on me today :o
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I seriously just hear the lyric 'I gave you the finger, you took me to dinner...' ?? xD It's not a bad song really, though it needs a better singer to do it justice!!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a great song but yeah, she defo should have mimed! :D
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down. I was just wording it nicely. Don't need Kenny spazzing out on me today :o

What a way to fold. The cowardly way haha ;)
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought she did great. Love the song and can't wait to hear the studio version!

Well done Geri.

Ps wonder how long it'll be before the mods come along and lock this thread instead of warning the people trolling it to stop before it gets to the point where they feel it warrants being locked :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the album coming this year or not?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was like a drag bar show. And she can't sing at all. Dreadful.
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The audience look confused/disinterested... It makes me sad that the Spice Girls are reduced to releasing such terrible solo singles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh come on!

Geri's never claimed to be Mariah or Celine, she can sing and she can write a good pop melody.
    The song is solid.
    She had the guts to sing the song LIVE - listen to that performance compared to the likes of Katy Perry etc with gargantuan amounts of help from playback....

Aussie's don't tend to take kindly regarding artists miming.. (Britney, Circus Tour, anyone?)

The atmosphere in the stadium was electric.

Very Proud.

Let's hope the single does well down under - a lot riding on this...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.... talks of a performance on AGT....

We'll see!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curretly ahead of Adele 'Set Fire to the Rain', Britney 'Scream and Shout', Emeli Sandé 'Next to Me' on the Aussie Chart!

:)
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Oh come on!

Geri's never claimed to be Mariah or Celine, she can sing and she can write a good pop melody.
    The song is solid.
    She had the guts to sing the song LIVE - listen to that performance compared to the likes of Katy Perry etc with gargantuan amounts of help from playback....

Aussie's don't tend to take kindly regarding artists miming.. (Britney, Circus Tour, anyone?)

Very Proud.

Her vocals were very good. I would have preferred a more upbeat song like her previous first singles. Something cheesy, yet ridiculously fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    Her vocals were very good. I would have preferred a more upbeat song like her previous first singles. Something cheesy, yet ridiculously fun.

Wait for the second single ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on!

The song is solid.

Very Proud.

Katy Perry can sing pretty well live. She slayed her recent iTunes Festival performance, and got rave reviews for it too ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/01/katy-perry-itunes-festival-review
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/10347052/Katy-Perry-iTunes-Festival-Roundhouse-review.html
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/katy-perry-plays-prism-songs-to-close-itunes-festival-2013-20131001

She slayed her new song live too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-yS3k1x8Q
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lots of playback to help her out.

Nothing wrong with that but... it is what it is.
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha

Oh wow

She cannot sing at all. That was just terrible. Rubbish song also. Just go away Geri.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of playback to help her out.

Nothing wrong with that but... it is what it is.

there was clearly playback, especially on chorus, during geri's performance too.:confused: now see i did watch the link and decided not to comment, because there seemed genuine excitement from one or two die hard fans and i didn't want to purposely burst a couple of deluded balloons.:o however, yet again you have dragged another singer into the debate and now you have condemned another singer for using the same assistance as geri.:confused:

the difference is katy sounds passable with the assistance, while geri still sounds at best, very weak.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    there was clearly playback, especially on chorus, during geri's performance too.:confused: now see i did watch the link and decided not to comment, because there seemed genuine excitement from one or two die hard fans and i didn't want to purposely burst a couple of deluded balloons.:o however, yet again you have dragged another singer into the debate and now you have condemned another singer for using the same assistance as geri.:confused:

the difference is katy sounds passable with the assistance, while Geri still sounds at best, very weak.;)

Geri had some playback on the first line of the chorus but that was about it - compared to Katy's performance at the VMAs.... come on now..

Whatever - I'm am exhausted.

No comparisons - Geri has always done 'Geri' and she killed it tonight!

Long Live the Queen of British Pop!