Options

Have I Got News For You - Series 47

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
HIGNFY is back tonight with host Jeffifer Saunders and guests Richard Osman and Sadiq Kahn MP.

The extended ep is on Tuesday night.

Comments

• Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I wish they wouldn't show the extended version so much later! Have the schedulers never heard the phrase "A week is a long time in politics?" Putin could've invaded the country in support of his bessie Nigel Farage by then!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Yeah a Saturday night BBC2 repeat/extended ep would be good.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm, can I just pre-empt the moaners. It's all left-wing bias, Paul looks disinterested and hates it if others are funny, why can't they bring back Angus Deayton.

Oh and Jo Brand is awful, even though she hasn't yet been on.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus, Sadiq Khan is trying far too hard and, sadly, he really seems to think he's hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Jesus, Sadiq Khan is trying far too hard and, sadly, he really seems to think he's hilarious.

Yeah, but he's good value for being ridiculed.
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Jennifer Saunders on this. She's brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    nigel12 wrote: »

She was excellent.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nigel12 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind her becoming the permanent host, I thought she was that good. I liked her introducing herself as "The Woman" (presumably in reference to the BBC panel show female quota).
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khan deserved to be ridiculed. A sign of the insecurity of Labour that even on satire shows their MPs are told to "keep on message."
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to a good start. Certainly better than anything I saw last series. Good to see a woman on because she's actually funny. Khan was desperate but then again he is an MP.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Khan deserved to be ridiculed. A sign of the insecurity of Labour that even on satire shows their MPs are told to "keep on message."

No point getting .MPs on if they can't loosen up and play along with the light hearted derision of their own party and leader.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Rather enjoyed the Milliband ribbing, thought some jokes died on their arse though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    No point getting .MPs on if they can't loosen up and play along with the light hearted derision of their own party and leader.

nah there is a point, and it shows what an hideous lightweight the politician is. The show has proved opposite other MPs have looked pretty good on the show.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I understand that this is a political satire show but Paul Merton overstepped the mark tonight with his ridiculous swastika comment - suggesting it might be the home of Nigel Farage. Just because you are concerned about the issue of immigration doesn't make you a ruddy Nazi.

I shouldn't be too surprised though, Merton is typical of the lefty alternative comedian types frequenting the BBC who take every opportunity to make such comments. Of course he is a hypocrite who is sitting pretty, completely insulated and a million miles away from the adverse effects of an open door policy on immigration.
    I would love it if Nigel Farage sued Merton or the BBC for implying he was a Nazi. Let's see how clever Merton thinks he is then.
  • Options
    VincentHVincentH Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    I understand that this is a political satire show but Paul Merton overstepped the mark tonight with his ridiculous swastika comment - suggesting it might be the home of Nigel Farage. Just because you are concerned about the issue of immigration doesn't make you a ruddy Nazi.

I shouldn't be too surprised though, Merton is typical of the lefty alternative comedian types frequenting the BBC who take every opportunity to make such comments. Of course he is a hypocrite who is sitting pretty, completely insulated and a million miles away from the adverse effects of an open door policy on immigration.
    I would love it if Nigel Farage sued Merton or the BBC for implying he was a Nazi. Let's see how clever Merton thinks he is then.

Seem to remember they made jokes about Eric Pickles weight, and the Duke of Edinburgh disrespecting the Pope. It's called satire, which thankfully is alive and well in our country.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind Jennifer as permanent host. The MP was really not funny but as people have said, perfect person to make jokes at his expense.

Good start to the series.
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a joke get a grip, if you don't like jokes like that don't watch HIGNFY. Simple.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    VincentH wrote: »
    Seem to remember they made jokes about Eric Pickles weight, and the Duke of Edinburgh disrespecting the Pope. It's called satire, which thankfully is alive and well in our country.

They did, but suggesting someone is a Nazi supporter, with all that implies, is insulting in the extreme. I would be furious - wouldn't you?
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadiq Khan and Rowan Atkinson are never seen in the same room.

Jennifer Saunders was looking rather good, she ageing well, some well timed patter as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Farage, a leader of a Nationalist party sues Merton over this too, would be a good way to bankrupt the fascists :)
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this repeated any time on BBC1 or 2 soon? I will of course catch up on IPlayer but I wanted to record it and I forgot.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Jennifer Saunders was looking rather good, she ageing well, some well timed patter as well.

I was really impressed by her presenting style, too. She gelled well with the guests and also had some witty ad libs in there. I hope she'll be on again - or maybe even a candidate for the apparently elusive permanent presenter seat? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Jennifer was excellent ,as well as satire, you also get insight into how the taxpayer has been mugged off ( Royal Mail last night) oh and the poster moaning about Merton....that' will be considered as one of the nicer comments in the coming months
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep a good start what with the Royal Mail pigs ear and some good comments from Ms Saunders.
    I thought the best LOL moment was at the end with the Pope and Prince Phillip.:D:D
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did, but suggesting someone is a Nazi supporter, with all that implies, is insulting in the extreme. I would be furious - wouldn't you?

The way that Lefties always try to associate anyone from the Right with being Nazi gets boring. I always think that the Nazis were much closer to the Left - state control of everything, authoritarian etc.