Options

Describe your perfect Nancy.

Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mine is a cross between Shani Wallis and Georgia Brown. I think that Shani gave the sensitive performance and Georgia had the voice. However, as a youngster I do think both these women appear matronly. Don't forget this is not a Roman Polanski remake. This is a Lionel Bart 60's production. It does not need to be close to the book. I don't want my Nancy looking emaciated and ill. I want her to look like the tart with the heart, blousy, ballsy and buxom.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    gonna have to say Samantha ;)

*prepares with sword and shield* :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    jodie prenger of course lol
  • Options
    codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    Jodielicious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picking the best things from each contestant...

Francesca's or possibly Keisha's vocal tone, with Sarah's vocal ability and chemistry with the boys with Rachel's acting ability, with Jodie's warmth and Samantha's movement and with Jessie's look.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lea Salonga would be great as Nancy. I've seen a video of her singing ALAHNM and it was amazing. She is a talented actress and has a phenomenal voice. Joanna Ampil and of course Sonia Swaby would be great too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With you up until Francesca did not like Fran's voice. Thought it was shrill but agree everything else
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lacey Turner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But before the series started, ALW and CM made clear that they didn't want a MOTHERLY, matronly Nancy in the Shani Wallis/ Georgia Brown mould, and that instead they wanted a younger, edgier, rawer, Amy Winehouse type SISTERLY Nancy, being more true to the book (and in tune with the supremacy of youth culture in our wonderful modern society)

BUT
    the reactionary public looks set to stymie that plan

AND
    will then moan in December when Jodie turns out to be a motherly rather than a sisterly Nancy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    Picking the best things from each contestant...

Francesca's or possibly Keisha's vocal tone, with Sarah's vocal ability and chemistry with the boys with Rachel's acting ability, with Jodie's warmth and Samantha's movement and with Jessie's look.

We're on the same wavelength I think :) I agree! Add in Sarah's eyes and that'd be the perfect Nancy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that ALW and CM look as if they have their "finger on the pulse" of what popular culture is or wants. They don't have a clue. They think if they get a looker then they will have bums on seats. Get a grip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaLaLaur wrote: »
    We're on the same wavelength I think :) I agree! Add in Sarah's eyes and that'd be the perfect Nancy!

oh yes definitely Sarah's 'Meryl Streep' eyes too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah's voice & natural chemistry with the Olivers
    Rachel's acting & look
    Jodie's warmth & general likability
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I still maintain that none of the girls in the final are the finished article, and will concede that they have 6 months to prepare for the role. I have to admit my choice changes from show to show. :o

Last night it was Rachel. She was fabulous and rivals Jodie for my performance of the series. After the acting task (and I do think the producers have made a HUGE mistakes by not denoting more time to it), I now think Jessie. Plus, I loved her reaction to making the final. It was a refreshing change from the "tears of joy" we normally see in these competitions. :rolleyes: It reminded me of the part of Shirley McClane's Oscar winning speech when she said "I deserve this! :D:D:D

However, it could all change on the night. I love both Jessie and Jodie's voices, but for different reasons. However, neither of them are the most graceful of dancers. Sam definitely has the weakest voice but, she does move well around the stage. So, I think it's going to come down to song choice and choreography.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashrell wrote: »
    Sarah's voice & natural chemistry with the Olivers
    Rachel's acting & look
    Jodie's warmth & general likability

That's spot on for me! plus Sam's dancing and stage presence thrown in for good measure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But before the series started, ALW and CM made clear that they didn't want a MOTHERLY, matronly Nancy in the Shani Wallis/ Georgia Brown mould, and that instead they wanted a younger, edgier, rawer, Amy Winehouse type SISTERLY Nancy, being more true to the book (and in tune with the supremacy of youth culture in our wonderful modern society)

BUT
    the reactionary public looks set to stymie that plan

AND
    will then moan in December when Jodie turns out to be a motherly rather than a sisterly Nancy.

If that was their real idea then why put people through who so clearly don't fulfil that criteria??

I think that whole Winehouse thing was pr to get public interest.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirley maclaine, but cockney, and many years ago, would have been great
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I think of Nancy I see someone in their mid 20's, buxom, gritty, determined, passionate and strong. A girl who's been round the block and knows what's what. I like Jessie but she isn't Nancy. I don't like Samantha - she is too icy for me. Jodie seems to be made for the role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Lacey Turner.

You stole my idea:eek: She's perfect for the role....steal her from Eastenders. NOW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Sarah's vocal ability, Ashleys acting, Rachel's look, Jodie's stage presence, Ashleys attitude and Jodie's tone.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I can imagine a perfect mould, I think that any performer that has the talent can make it their own, and as such think that any of the final three could possibly pull it together and be great in the role if they overcome their weaknesses and really live the role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Jodie
    it will be a complete farce if Jessie wins :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A great singer:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't let Jessie or Sam win they are nooooooot Nancy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Please don't let Jessie or Sam win they are nooooooot Nancy.

Agreed!
  • Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well out of who we have left - Jodie. I want someone who can act and convince me, make me feel the emotion in their performance. All the ones I thought had that essence have left - Jodie is the only one left who can do it now - imo