Options

Bad News About Two Pints of Lager.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good to hear its coming back
    much better to bare without ralf littlething crap acting ruining it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: oh my god i'm so sorry to announce this but the bbc ARE recording another season of this utter garbage, i was emailed to let me know the dates and if i want to apply for tickets,:eek:

i 'd rather spend a night with the marsh monster than sit through a recording of utter shite,:D

oh as a footnote, i was reading the email and one of the writers is a a bird called Kate Wincup who writes for the Jeremy Vile show, now i know its the pits,

:rolleyes: Honestly, I will never understand why there are so many people on these forums who think that bad news for them is bad for everyone else.

So what if Two Pints is coming back, it's clearly still doing well and your not forced to watch it or go and see it being recorded...so why complain about it???:confused::confused:
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're commissioning yet another series??

Now that is bad news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike the show with a passion but I am in love with Sheridan Smith :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    unkdysfunk wrote: »
    I just cant understand why the BBC has stuck with this awful programme and at the same time wont recommision Sharon Horgan's "Pulling" , which I personally thought was brilliant and deserved at least another series.

Here, here.

Pulling is/was fantastic.

Two Pints has been terrible rubbish from day one. Average actors delivering poor gags.

BBC 3 needs to take a good long look at itself. This, Clone, that one about teenagers, TittyBangBang, etc...etc..

Their comedy output is worse than ITV's in the 70's.
  • Options
    IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been good, but then Jonny (and based on the last series, Donna) left; which was when it went downhill.

Like Scrubs, without the main character, its Carcrash Telly.
    Natalie Casey and Ralf Little are both on the recent BBC Three promo (the one with the stunts going wrong), so I'd say there's a good chance they'll return in Two Pints. I can't see another series of Massive being commissioned and Natalie hasn't done anything else but Two Pints in recent years.
  • Options
    lollyishlollyish Posts: 9,717
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote: »
    It peaked with the musical episode. Hilarious. :D

I don't mind 'two pints', it was one of those programmes that I'd watch if I had nothing better to do, but that musical episode was the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen on t.v.

I sat like this :eek: through the whole thing.
  • Options
    burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Natalie Casey was on Loose Women a couple of months ago saying she was going to be doing the 8th series at the start of this year. Although I am not so sure about Ralf Little, he does seem pretty bored of it and saying he wants to try to do new things.
  • Options
    PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Sorry guys but I'm a huge fan! Maybe because I'm only down the road from Runcorn! :D

I want to see how Gaz and Janet's relationship goes! :D
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not as good as it used to be, but its still better then all the other bbc3 comedies!
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    SamW25 wrote: »
    Flo = best sitcom character ever :D

Absolutely, i was devestated when she left.

'Be home by five, i'm cooking us a takeaway for tea'
  • Options
    angelic_mishaangelic_misha Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly not bad news for me, not really. I enjoy watching Two Pints (and if there's nothing decent on TV then I watch the endless repeats on BBC Three).

Despite being a fan though, it is getting flogged to death. It used to be funny, but it's just mildly amusing now.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »

'Be home by five, i'm cooking us a takeaway for tea'
    was that from two pints of Jamie's Misistry of Food?;)

Re ralf, after what he said on Bizzcocks about the show, I can't see him ever returning, or them wanting him
  • Options
    xzqzxxzqzx Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Ellie82 wrote: »
    I used to love Two Pints, but it's just not the same without Ralf Little

I agree. Did love it but the last series was rubbish.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Sadly I can't see any realistic way of bringing back Ralf Little for the new series of Two Pints unless they have it so Gaz (Will Mellor) wakes from a bad dream, but that would be a bit mad if they did that. Having said that, this is the kind of humour Two Pints has all the time and what makes it so funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its still pretty funny but its nothing as good as 3 series back
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    i loved two pints but I think it was a show that worked with the whole ensemble without ralf little it's not as good. I really didn't like last series so didn't watch most of it.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    i loved two pints but I think it was a show that worked with the whole ensemble without ralf little it's not as good. I really didn't like last series so didn't watch most of it.
  • Options
    ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the 'Two Pints' snobbery; it became the 'in thing' to hate at some point and ever since, it's been consistently amusing to see so many bandwagon-jumpers in synchronised action.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    As much as I love Two Pints (despite the amount of times I've watched the repeats) I really do think they should have just ended the series with the horror special where Johnny turned into a Jammy Dodger.

The last series was okay (enjoyed the live one), but without Johnny I felt it really did lack something. It was lovely to see Munch again though. I didn't really like the whole Gaz/Janet/Donna triangle and Donna seemed to do nothing but scream and shout throughout the entire series.:sleep:

To be honest if they *have* to carry on I'd rather see the odd special at Christmas or something rather than series after series being dragged out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: oh my god i'm so sorry to announce this but the bbc ARE recording another season of this utter garbage, i was emailed to let me know the dates and if i want to apply for tickets,:eek:

i 'd rather spend a night with the marsh monster than sit through a recording of utter shite,:D

oh as a footnote, i was reading the email and one of the writers is a a bird called Kate Wincup who writes for the Jeremy Vile show, now i know its the pits,

Oh dear this is a great shame. Lowest common denominator humour at it's worst. So lazily written.

I call it humour as I know all humour is subjective and I don't want to offend people that like it, but I just think it's the teenage equivalent of Last Of The Summer Wine.

Still, I wonder if I'd have laughed at this when I was say, 13 years old, before my sense of humour had developed beyond rubbish nob gags and purile jokes about sex.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, this is a milestone of BBC3 and even though the latest series was not up to par, it was
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, this is a milestone of BBC3 and even though the latest series was not up to par, it's it's comng back.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! I love that utter garbage show! I find it really funny.... Although I think that it's probably on it's last legs. Another series, well I'll watch it, just for the crack. LOL